• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goff vs RW

Put Goff on the Seahawks do they make the playoffs last year?

• Total voters

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It concerns me that Goff can lose 1 weapon in Kupp and not be the same QB. Goff has some of the best weapons in the NFL on offense plus McVay and his Oline have been pretty strong.

Then I look at Seattle and Russ Wilson with his weapons at WR/TE and RB the last few years. Oline was better last year but the year before it was bad.

So if you switch QBs and Goff to the Seahawks, do they make the playoffs last year?

I don’t think so. Granted McVay is young and so is Goff, but that dude has been spoiled with a lot of talent around him. Goff had some really good games in the regular season and certainly can improve.

Just curious on people’s thoughts here coming from a non-homer.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is head and shoulders above Goff.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It concerns me that Goff can lose 1 weapon in Kupp and not be the same QB. Goff has some of the best weapons in the NFL on offense plus McVay and his Oline have been pretty strong.

Then I look at Seattle and Russ Wilson with his weapons at WR/TE and RB the last few years. Oline was better last year but the year before it was bad.

So if you switch QBs and Goff to the Seahawks, do they make the playoffs last year?

I don’t think so. Granted McVay is young and so is Goff, but that dude has been spoiled with a lot of talent around him. Goff had some really good games in the regular season and certainly can improve.

I would say no but it is hard to figure out how these things would work out. You are trying to switch two very different QBs playing in much different systems.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff is a little overrated
RW was drastically underrated for a long time. I think now he is rated about right in the court of public opinion

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not.

RW obviously can run and make plays with his legs, but he ain't Cam or Lamar Jackson...imo he runs out of necessity more than to make plays...sacked 51 times LY, and he rushed 67 times...give him maybe 25 designed rushes if that many...that means he was probably under pressure 80+ times so that would probably equate to maybe 60-65 sacks for Goff.

Pocket passers need good OLs plus effective schemes (Brady) or great weapons (Matt Ryan) to be playoff caliber QBs.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wilson plays in a system that suits he. If Wilson were to move to another team, I'm not too sure he would be all that good. JMHO.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff’s toothpick frame would’ve been demolished by Seattle’s O-line.

I like Goff though. He throws a prettier ball than Mahomes imo.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say no but it is hard to figure out how these things would work out. You are trying to switch two very different QBs playing in much different systems.

System doesn’t matter if the Oline isn’t blocking. RW can buy time with his legs and has less talent in Seattle on offense by a lot.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wilson does everything with nothing. if i didnt have brady, id want wilson.

I agree with the first but at their current age I’d rather have RW — his wife is hotter anywayzz

:billb::harbaugh:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not. I am not a hater on Goff like some, think he is solid but Wilson is better as of right now. Maybe Goff will blossom but that would take a lot of blossoming to get to Wilson's level or better imo

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the first but at their current age I’d rather have RW — his wife is hotter anywayzz ;)

Well of course, Tommy is married to a man

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not. I am not a hater on Goff like some, think he is solid but Wilson is better as of right now. Maybe Goff will blossom but that would take a lot of blossoming to get to Wilson's level or better imo

I like Goff. A lot? Man it’s been weird. Regular season sure. He’s young I’ll give him that and his coach goes Mike Martz at times... but to lose 1 weapon (Kupp) and then get shutdown late in the season makes me a little paranoid. Russ has had far fewer weapons at WR imo and still got the Seahawks to the playoffs

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a lot of dough for a system QB. McVay says he’s not but he is.

Paging

@HaroldSeattle @Sharkonabicycle

Seems like a system QB. With McVay telling him what plays to use via the helmet communication he turn a dud QB into a pretty good one. Until the Pats figured out to wait until the time limit for communication was up, then set their defense, that changed every thing it seems. Goff needs help figuring out defenses and the correct play call. Maybe with more film work and coaching he can learn to figure it out without help .

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting @Judge Fudge tell me why..

I believed that our defense was playoff caliber. He would have used the 2 headed monster just as good as Russ.

I also think that are WR's are quite underrated. You have to remember that Russ didn't make the history books by himself. Everyone seems to forget that there was another person involved.

I think same result