• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Geno Staying put

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should do their best to build capital for next year. Use whatever QB is available at 5 to do it.
In theory it is a good idea to build draft capitol for next year, but you need to end up either the 1,01 or the 1.02 and is that realistic to expect? I don't think so. This class doesn't stink, it just doesn't have a can't miss type, and if it did the Seahawks won't be able to move up high enough to draft him.
You got to understand that a can't miss type is out of reach for the Seahawks and quit looking at the negatives with this class and try to project what they could be, because that's the position the Seahawks will have this year or next year or the following year. A can't miss QB is not falling into the Seahawks lap.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In theory it is a good idea to build draft capitol for next year, but you need to end up either the 1,01 or the 1.02 and is that realistic to expect? I don't think so. This class doesn't stink, it just doesn't have a can't miss type, and if it did the Seahawks won't be able to move up high enough to draft him.
You got to understand that a can't miss type is out of reach for the Seahawks and quit looking at the negatives with this class and try to project what they could be, because that's the position the Seahawks will have this year or next year or the following year. A can't miss QB is not falling into the Seahawks lap.
Two firsts next year would give us the foundation to trade up to a top 3 pick.

I would rather take a chance on that than on will levis or anthony richardson

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two firsts next year would give us the foundation to trade up to a top 3 pick.

I would rather take a chance on that than on will levis or anthony richardson
Trey Lance who was far from a can't miss cost 3 first round picks. Think you under estimate how hard and how expensive a can't miss QB would cost and may be the team with the 1.01 won't trade no matter what was offered.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey Lance who was far from a can't miss cost 3 first round picks. Think you under estimate how hard and how expensive a can't miss QB would cost and may be the team with the 1.01 won't trade no matter what was offered.
It could cost three, but we would have 2/3rds of that on hand.

Its unlikely I realize that. We will most likely sign geno and do something questionable with #5 which all too often has been their MO

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting BPA at a position of need seems sound to me and we need a QB. The top 3 candidates seem pretty solid although I admit I hope Young doesn't fall to the Seahawks because I'd rather have a QB with decent size rather than another undersized kid at QB. Seahawks got a couple real good WRs, decent OL, good RB and a coaching staff that will be of great help to a rookie QB. I'm confident the QB of choice will work out, not saying elite, but good starting caliber. I feel that is the common sense way to proceed.
But you sent drafting BPA. You are drafting best QB available. If Stroud, Young and Levis are all gone by the time we draft, do you think we should just go to Richardson?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you sent drafting BPA. You are drafting best QB available. If Stroud, Young and Levis are all gone by the time we draft, do you think we should just go to Richardson?
Not sure TBH, maybe if the top three are gone Seahawks should consider a DL since one of the top 2 would be available. I do think Richardson got some good potential but he is a work in progress type. I don't think 3 of the top 4 picks will be QBs though, guess we will find out.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m cool if we draft a qb but not with our first pick, we need defense like a mouse needs cheese … We have tons of draft capital and I bet some of these QB’s drop like last years class..

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is why Minshew is a option he will make it through a year for you and is cheap and the Hawks would sit in that 1-3 range in the draft lol. Cheap and we will end up with the picks we will still need in 2024.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was happily surprised by Smith last season. He did much better than I expected. However, I still would like to see a change at QB next year. Geno makes poor decisions. I don't just mean fumbles or interceptions at key moments of the game (he does that a lot too), but also with wasting timeouts, not throwing the ball away instead of taking the sack, etc. I'd absolutely love to have Geno as a BACK UP. I think he's great in that roll and can win you a couple games if needed. He's just not the guy for starting an entire season in my opinion.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was happily surprised by Smith last season. He did much better than I expected. However, I still would like to see a change at QB next year. Geno makes poor decisions. I don't just mean fumbles or interceptions at key moments of the game (he does that a lot too), but also with wasting timeouts, not throwing the ball away instead of taking the sack, etc. I'd absolutely love to have Geno as a BACK UP. I think he's great in that roll and can win you a couple games if needed. He's just not the guy for starting an entire season in my opinion.
I dont disagree with you entirely, BUT if our defense wasnt a complete mess we probably win 12 or more games.

falcons, saints, raiders were all games we win if our defense can even moderately stop the run.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont disagree with you entirely, BUT if our defense wasnt a complete mess we probably win 12 or more games.

falcons, saints, raiders were all games we win if our defense can even moderately stop the run.
Yes but mostly because those teams are a mess.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but mostly because those teams are a mess.
sure, but how different does it look if geno leads the team to 12 wins and within striking distance of the division?

instead of playing the niners we go to minnesota and win?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Geno was going to be horrible, but I was wildly wrong. Did he make a few mistakes and have a few weaker games? Of course. Almost every QB did. But he was easily good enough and not the reason this team lost. And the reality is he will be a starter somewhere in '23, whether it's in Seattle or somewhere else. He played himself into a starter role this season, and now he gets the opportunity to be a starter until he plays himself out of it. There is no realistic chance he goes into next season as a backup on this team.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our defense was so bad at times last year it made me want to launch my remote through the screen of my TV. However, I can excuse some of that based on how young most of the defense is and they are still learning. I think that defense is going to be exponentially better next year with a full year of experience under their belts. Geno though? Geno is an old vet and I think we have probably already seen his ceiling as far as how good he can be. He's an old dog that isn't going to learn new tricks. When he looks back as his career I think he's going to see 2022 as his peak season.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late he was a below-average but solid starter.

A big surprise early coming closer to expectations late doesn't bode well if you're banking on the big surprise repeating next year. Not saying don't sign him; just saying don't overpay.

Game #Cmp%YdsTDIntRateY/A
1-477.27103762108.07.86
5-867.5288771106.37.58
9-1272.73124593111.28.71
13+63.3311138583.96.18

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A big surprise early coming closer to expectations late doesn't bode well if you're banking on the big surprise repeating next year. Not saying don't sign him; just saying don't overpay.

1-477.27103762108.07.86
5-867.5288771106.37.58
9-1272.73124593111.28.71
13+63.3311138583.96.18
Yeah, we are in trouble if half the games are against SF & KC. Of course, almost every team is as well.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we are in trouble if half the games are against SF & KC. Of course, almost every team is as well.
The team, yeah, but not the QB. Chiefs gave up the most passing TDs in the league.

Geno faced good defenses early in the season and did better.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1-477.27103762108.07.86
5-867.5288771106.37.58
9-1272.73124593111.28.71
13+63.3311138583.96.18
Sure, he struggled a bit more down the stretch... Losing our starting TE, Dissly and losing Tyler Lockett for 2 games and not having him 100% during the 13+ stretch didn't help...

So, by the 13+ measure mark you posted, what should we do with Josh Allen? He's had 8 TD's and 5 INT's over his last 3 game stretch along w/ being sacked 10x's... Difference is Allens defense scored a TD in one game and ST's scored 2 TD's in another game... Their defense also forced 8 TO's during that 3 game stretch... Geno wasn't afforded that luxury over his last 4 games - not even close...

Obviously Allen's better than Geno but you can't just nit pick games because you can do that with every QB...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team, yeah, but not the QB. Chiefs gave up the most passing TDs in the league.

Geno faced good defenses early in the season and did better.
The problem with playing a team like KC (in their place, which is a big HFA historically) is that they score lots of points and tend make their opponents 1 dimensional late in games, which makes life tougher even if their D isn't amazing. On the other hand, playing against a good defense is helped by not getting behind. Maybe the Jets have a better defense than KC, but controlling the game neutralizes that to a degree. The quality of opponent matters, or we wouldn't care who was good and who wasn't.