• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #8 - NE Patriots vs NY Jets Mon. 11/09/2020 8:15 PM EST

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not enough mention has been made about the game Meyers had. Something like 170 yards is nearly unheard of for a Pats WR. Sure he did some things that needed to be cleaned up but he accomplished what he did, yet somehow still seemed under the radar.

Makes you think that maybe last year he was being frozen out.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not enough mention has been made about the game Meyers had. Something like 170 yards is nearly unheard of for a Pats WR. Sure he did some things that needed to be cleaned up but he accomplished what he did, yet somehow still seemed under the radar.

Many of us here were/are fans of Meyer.

Total head scratcher why he hasn't gotten more time? Every game he plays, he shows up.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many of us here were/are fans of Meyer.

Total head scratcher why he hasn't gotten more time? Every game he plays, he shows up.an

Seems there's something about Meyers that BB doesn't seem to like too much. We were all excited for him last year and then nothing. We were all excited for him this year and then nothing.

That said, being one of the only receivers will get you some targets. Just saying.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems there's something about Meyers that BB doesn't seem to like too much. We were all excited for him last year and then nothing. We were all excited for him this year and then nothing.

That said, being one of the only receivers will get you some targets. Just saying.
Is it BB or Josh? Josh was given more power if he hung around.

Regardless the guy gets seperation, catches and holds onto the ball. Teams will now focus on him so it will be interesting to see how he does.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't forget there were the times he went backwards instead of forward when he just needed a first down. That didn't happen just once. I mentioned that as part of him needing to clean some things up. Maybe stuff like that shows up more in practice.

But for what its worth, he seems fixable and very much much a piece they need and need often... At least based on the last couple of weeks.

What's interesting is his presence doesn't seem that far off from preseason 2019. He seemed to find holes then and hold the ball when contested. Why has he been on ice?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 catches 169 yards. 'nuff said. His mis-steps after the catch are fixable. he's one of the bright lights on the offense. Hopefully, Damien Harris won't miss the game Sunday. Reportedly he has a chest injury. Looked more like he took a shot to the area that should be protected with a cup.
When he walked off, he didn't look like he any problem breathing but he kept bending forward and wincing.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 catches 169 yards. 'nuff said. His mis-steps after the catch are fixable. he's one of the bright lights on the offense. Hopefully, Damien Harris won't miss the game Sunday. Reportedly he has a chest injury. Looked more like he took a shot to the area that should be protected with a cup.
When he walked off, he didn't look like he any problem breathing but he kept bending forward and wincing.
Did you actually see the hit? He took a braced should directly to his chest. I'm not implying this type of hit is dirty, but it should be removed from the game. I agree a defender should be allowed to match the force of a runner but there's no way a runner can square their body to deliver the force that hit creates.

That braced shoulder hit concentrates the entire force generated by the body, legs all the way up, into a small concentrated area. It's too much force for any body to withstand. It's the hit Gronk took from Earl Thomas that knocked him out of several games (Gronk referred to Thomas as "hitting like a missile"). It's also the hit the DBs deliver all the time to jar balls lose and knocks many a receiver out of games.

What's a player supposed to do to stop a play if they can't use that hit? Nothing, and all teams will be impacted the same way. If you can't tackle in a reasonably safe manner then don't try. There's always some risk of injury but many plays cause a disproportionate number of injuries. The braced shoulder is one.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you actually see the hit? He took a braced should directly to his chest. I'm not implying this type of hit is dirty, but it should be removed from the game. I agree a defender should be allowed to match the force of a runner but there's no way a runner can square their body to deliver the force that hit creates.

That braced shoulder hit concentrates the entire force generated by the body, legs all the way up, into a small concentrated area. It's too much force for any body to withstand. It's the hit Gronk took from Earl Thomas that knocked him out of several games (Gronk referred to Thomas as "hitting like a missile"). It's also the hit the DBs deliver all the time to jar balls lose and knocks many a receiver out of games.

What's a player supposed to do to stop a play if they can't use that hit? Nothing, and all teams will be impacted the same way. If you can't tackle in a reasonably safe manner then don't try. There's always some risk of injury but many plays cause a disproportionate number of injuries. The braced shoulder is one.
The angle I've seen from looks like he took the shoulder squarely in the groin. Either way the Jets DC is Gregg Williams and he's been fired from nearly every defensive jobs he's ever had. The Jets re one of the most penalized teams in the NFL and lead the league in Roughing the Passer and Unsportsman calls. That's the way Williams coaches. "Hurt" the other guy, don't worry about penalties. Get message across that playing us will hurt."
Sometimes it backfires like Sunday when the tough guys take a bad angle and end up getting hurt themselves.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think I read that hi 12 catch 170 yards has only been done twice by previous Patriots.
Wes Welker and Troy Brown.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then he misses an extra point. Seems anyone's lack of trust is justified.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then he misses an extra point. Seems anyone's lack of trust is justified.
You might want to look at that again... I have no reason to pump Folk, but my eyes saw that ball creeping left then jerk far left before again straightening out. To me that indicates a gust caused the miss. All his PATs creeped left, but they also all barely avoided a rusher coming from the right.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to look at that again... I have no reason to pump Folk, but my eyes saw that ball creeping left then jerk far left before again straightening out. To me that indicates a gust caused the miss. All his PATs creeped left, but they also all barely avoided a rusher coming from the right.
So you don't believe mail in votes should count? It's a miss you can't count it as anything other than a miss.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't believe mail in votes should count? It's a miss you can't count it as anything other than a miss.
That's not how it works... While the stats count it as a miss, like the scoreboard, things happen for a reason and not all reasons are equal. A flat out miss gets you cut. A miss because of wind gusts in a monsoon doesn't. And for the record, I stated an observation and not a fact. My eyes saw the ball behave oddly. My eyes may be wrong.

Do you think we should trust any kicker in conditions like those?

As for the other... All votes should count based on the rules in effect when the votes were mailed.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not how it works... While the stats count it as a miss, like the scoreboard, things happen for a reason and not all reasons are equal. A flat out miss gets you cut. A miss because of wind gusts in a monsoon doesn't. And for the record, I stated an observation and not a fact. My eyes saw the ball behave oddly. My eyes may be wrong.

Do you think we should trust any kicker in conditions like those?

As for the other... All votes should count based on the rules in effect when the votes were mailed.
It's a fucking miss dude. Players at this level are expected to be able to deal with all aspects of the game, plain and simple. Sure maybe for the moment coaches are like mehh it was rough weather, Then draft time rolls around or off season and they are more like yeah he missed some pretty easy stuff too. The NFL is unforgiving period

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a fucking miss dude. Players at this level are expected to be able to deal with all aspects of the game, plain and simple. Sure maybe for the moment coaches are like mehh it was rough weather, Then draft time rolls around or off season and they are more like yeah he missed some pretty easy stuff too. The NFL is unforgiving period
There's no fucking way to predict a wind gust. BB isn't stupid and knows this. If a wind gust pushed the ball (if), that same wind gust would do the same thing for all kickers. Shouldn't we hold the snapper accountable since he didn't snap it before the gust could create an issue, or wait until it passes?