• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #8 - NE Patriots vs NY Jets Mon. 11/09/2020 8:15 PM EST

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay here I go as you know I do not get a lot of Pats games here in Florida but my assessment of what I saw last night.

1. Jakobi Meyers should not be sent back down if we get Harry, or Jules back or anybody else. Seems to me like he is our only WR getting separation.
2. Let's fire sale all our Tight Ends, every single one of them, I know we were trying to run the ball but I don't think a TE was targeted one time last nigh, not once. Get rid of them all and just bring in some extra tackles.
3. Sure as hell were a lot of names on defense I never heard of before.
4. Harris looks good at least for now and Rex played good ball.
5. There was a recent thread about resigning Cam, No thanks, sure he made some nice passes but he consistently misses open targets and his mechanics suck.
5. Nice game plan Josh, when forced to dumb it down Josh found a way. That being said it was the 0-8 Jets and we still struggled.
Byrd was where he needed to be and caught several key first down passes. He's one the buttonhook receivers I've seen in a long time. I'll keep him too.

I heard last night that Harry has had concussion problems since high school. Three weeks out? He should be seeing Neurologist and maybe find a different line of work unless he wants to spend the next sixty years pretending to be a carrot.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what does tonight mean? We suck just a little less than the Jets?

I'm okay with this team given the 20 years in the bank. It takes a lot of patience, sure, but I think 20 years of bank deserves that.

We suck maybe even more than the Jets, at least with who played last night. Stupid penalties, defense fell apart minus the INT, offense still is struggling

Meyers showed up last night!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byrd was where he needed to be and caught several key first down passes. He's one the buttonhook receivers I've seen in a long time. I'll keep him too.

I heard last night that Harry has had concussion problems since high school. Three weeks out? He should be seeing Neurologist and maybe find a different line of work unless he wants to spend the next sixty years pretending to be a carrot.

If he's had concussion problems since High School it makes his pick even dumber by BB then!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots eke out a win against the hapless Jets.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also want to mention game note 6.

6. VanRotten and Bashem two Jet players, what great football names

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay here I go as you know I do not get a lot of Pats games here in Florida but my assessment of what I saw last night.

1. Jakobi Meyers should not be sent back down if we get Harry, or Jules back or anybody else. Seems to me like he is our only WR getting separation.
2. Let's fire sale all our Tight Ends, every single one of them, I know we were trying to run the ball but I don't think a TE was targeted one time last nigh, not once. Get rid of them all and just bring in some extra tackles.
3. Sure as hell were a lot of names on defense I never heard of before.
4. Harris looks good at least for now and Rex played good ball.
5. There was a recent thread about resigning Cam, No thanks, sure he made some nice passes but he consistently misses open targets and his mechanics suck.
5. Nice game plan Josh, when forced to dumb it down Josh found a way. That being said it was the 0-8 Jets and we still struggled.

Dude, here you go. All the games streaming with no bs.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, here you go. All the games streaming with no bs.

Hmm I'll have to look into this

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Izzo doesn't know how to block. White just needed him to step toward him so he could use him as a pick, instead he runs upfield to block someone White had no chance of reaching... A pet peeve of mine is when the second level is blocked before the first level is cleared... and it happens all the time on screens.

The game plan seemed solid other than handing the ball to the smallest guy on the field for a 4th and 1. White has his strengths but running through tacklers is not one of them.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone not ready to accept that Folk is getting the job done?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he on occasion put it through the uprights? Yup! Do I have confidence in him? Nope!
I believe he's perfect other than game 1, last night 3 for 3 including game winning 51 yarder. Are you expecting Greg Zuerlein?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he's perfect other than game 1, last night 3 for 3 including game winning 51 yarder. Are you expecting Greg Zuerlein?
Do you like Peanut Butter?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone not ready to accept that Folk is getting the job done?

Are you gonna say you were confident he was going to hit that game winner? That said, he's doing ok.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you gonna say you were confident he was going to hit that game winner? That said, he's doing ok.
Actually I was. He hit the nearly identical kick earlier in the game with only a few yards added. All his PATs have been dead center too.

Look, I'm not naming a kid after the guy. I'm just saying the job has been getting done.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Jiff, nor Skippy, but am fine with real PB with peanuts as the only ingredient... Did I just set myself up for a punchline?
Nope, no punchline just that I believe you, I believe you like real Peanut Butter, you trust that real Peanut Butter is better the sugar loaded PB. You don't have to justify that belief. Just like I don't have to justify my distrust for Foles.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, no punchline just that I believe you, I believe you like real Peanut Butter, you trust that real Peanut Butter is better the sugar loaded PB. You don't have to justify that belief. Just like I don't have to justify my distrust for Foles.
You certainly don't. I don't trust that guy as a QB never alone to try a kick ;)

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I was. He hit the nearly identical kick earlier in the game with only a few yards added. All his PATs have been dead center too.

Look, I'm not naming a kid after the guy. I'm just saying the job has been getting done.
Again... I only wrote he's be getting the job done, not that you NEED to trust he'll make the next kick, nor the next with a game on the line.

Last night I was completely relaxed with him lining up at a few minutes past 11. Maybe that was from not completely caring, or because the game couldn't be lost, or that I had faith in him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, no punchline just that I believe you, I believe you like real Peanut Butter, you trust that real Peanut Butter is better the sugar loaded PB. You don't have to justify that belief. Just like I don't have to justify my distrust for Folk.

You certainly don't. I don't trust that guy as a QB never alone to try a kick ;)
Corrected.

It's been a day