• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #8 - NE Patriots vs NY Jets Mon. 11/09/2020 8:15 PM EST

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a fucking miss dude. Players at this level are expected to be able to deal with all aspects of the game, plain and simple. Sure maybe for the moment coaches are like mehh it was rough weather, Then draft time rolls around or off season and they are more like yeah he missed some pretty easy stuff too. The NFL is unforgiving period
Don't forget the context to which I responded... You implied the single miss should make everyone less comfortable with Folk. If for the momement coaches are "mehh it was rough weather", shouldn't we react that way too?

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are only 7 kickers in the NFL who’ve made all their extra point kicks. The Chiefs Butker who is considered one of the better kickers has missed 6. I’m more than content with Folk. He’s not Adam V. or Gostkowski in his prime. But he has been serviceable so far.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget the context to which I responded... You implied the single miss should make everyone less comfortable with Folk. If for the momement coaches are "mehh it was rough weather", shouldn't we react that way too?
I implied nothing you assume what you want. But yeah the miss damn sure makes you think. Let's put it this way. Do you think the Pats look for a kicker in the off season or not?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are only 7 kickers in the NFL who’ve made all their extra point kicks. The Chiefs Butker who is considered one of the better kickers has missed 6. I’m more than content with Folk. He’s not Adam V. or Gostkowski in his prime. But he has been serviceable so far.
Exactly serviceable that makes sense. And I ask the same question do you think the Pats look for a kicker in the off season?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the kicker we drafted a complete fucking dud? I know training camp didn't go well but has anybody heard anything?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I implied nothing you assume what you want. But yeah the miss damn sure makes you think. Let's put it this way. Do you think the Pats look for a kicker in the off season or not?
Fuck you you didn't.
And then he misses an extra point. Seems anyone's lack of trust is justified.
He misses an extra point in bad whether and you state "seems anyone's lack of trust is justified"... How is this not implying the single miss should make us less comfortable?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you you didn't.

He misses an extra point in bad whether and you state "seems anyone's lack of trust is justified"... How is this not implying the single miss should make us less comfortable?
B/C it was an extra point does not get any easier. HOW can you not understand this? He's a professional professional kickers are expected to make extra points. And I didn't imply anything I flat out stated it. But again in the end it's all about how you feel and I do not trust him.

So I ask again do you expect the Pats to be looking for a kicker in the off season?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the Pats look for a kicker in the off season or not?
I think they have a guy on their practice squad for a reason. This has been an odd year so that guy probably gets another shot next year. He was drafted in the 5th for a reason and is wasting a PS spot if there wasn't a reason to keep him.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B/C it was an extra point does not get any easier. HOW can you not understand this? He's a professional professional kickers are expected to make extra points. And I didn't imply anything I flat out stated it. But again in the end it's all about how you feel and I do not trust him.

So I ask again do you expect the Pats to be looking for a kicker in the off season?
Hello McFly (knock, knock) a wind gust is a wind gust. If the ball were headed dead center it would have been blocked because... (wait for it)... The rusher was unblocked by design. All three kicks were aimed to the left and all three kicks avoided the same guy rushing unblocked. The second kick got caught by a wind gust... Has your time in the swamp made you forget what a November wind gust can do to a hat? a small dog? Snot running down your face (hint: clean out your ear)?

I need to Summon BK to look for these when he watches these for the second, third and fourth time.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly serviceable that makes sense. And I ask the same question do you think the Pats look for a kicker in the off season?

I think we do. They blew it on the kicker they drafted. Buffalo and Indianapolis have rookie kickers who are doing pretty well. I haven’t heard a peep on our guy since the season started. I guess he must be doing ok or they would have just let him go by now.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have a guy on their practice squad for a reason. This has been an odd year so that guy probably gets another shot next year. He was drafted in the 5th for a reason and is wasting a PS spot if there wasn't a reason to keep him.
So then yes you think they are looking for a kicker. All you had to say!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we do. They blew it on the kicker they drafted. Buffalo and Indianapolis have rookie kickers who are doing pretty well. I haven’t heard a peep on our guy since the season started. I guess he must be doing ok or they would have just let him go by now.
BB reached for a kicker last year and it was a wasted pick. We got stuck with got stuck with Folk because he was the best of the worst, not the way to address a need IMO

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then yes you think they are looking for a kicker. All you had to say!
Here's the question you didn't ask: Is Folk a long term solution? That answer is no. Do I think he is meeting the responsibilities of the position? That answer is yes.... But that wasn't the question. The question was about whether we are comfortable at the moment to which I say yes.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the question you didn't ask: Is Folk a long term solution? That answer is no. Do I think he is meeting the responsibilities of the position? That answer is yes.... But that wasn't the question. The question was about whether we are comfortable at the moment to which I say yes.
I asked a very specific question for a very specific reason. The fact you agree the Pats are likely to seek a replacement is an absolute proof there is a lack of trust in Folk. You might not be able to admit it but it's proof enough.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked a very specific question for a very specific reason. The fact you agree the Pats are likely to seek a replacement is an absolute proof there is a lack of trust in Folk. You might not be able to admit it but it's proof enough.
That question can be echoed up and down the lineup... It's like dating versus marriage.. There's Miss Right, and sometimes there's Miss Right-now.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That question can be echoed up and down the lineup... It's like dating versus marriage.. There's Miss Right, and sometimes there's Miss Right-now.
Don't forget Mr. Obtuse

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to reply to everything, especially if you have nothing to add. Especially when your response is describing you better than me.
And you're doing what? And why is that important to you? Do you really need the last word?

Mr Kettle meet Mr Pot

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're doing what? And why is that important to you? Do you really need the last word?

Mr Kettle meet Mr Pot
I haven't understood at all where you are going with this.

Okay he wasted a 5th on a kicker, but drafted what could be the best tackle in the draft in the 6th. We have a middle of the road kicker that by all accounts isn't hurting us much, who replaced a guy who might be the worst kicker in the league.

We have a guy who's getting the job down allowing the team to focus it's attention to the rest of the team. When the team is ready to talk personnel for 2021 the position will probably be revisited, but at a time when that's what the management should be focused on...

Where in any of this is a problem for 2020? And if you are worried about 2021, the 2020 wasted pick has already been corrected.