• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #8 NE Patriots vs NY Jets Sunday 1:00 PM

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac Jones says he did a "self audit" during the bye week.

Sorry but I have no faith.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac Jones says he did a "self audit" during the bye week.

Sorry but I have no faith.
lying tv land GIF by #Impastor

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grandson sent me a text today. First snowfall in Manchester, NH today. Huge storm heading up from the Ohio area. Expecting snow but could be freezing rain. sleet.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yey you have faith in Patricia were the problem lies.
Mac hasn't thrown for anywhere close tom300 yards in any game. He hasn't thrown for more than 2 TDs more than one week . We can blame Patricia for poor play calling, but not 100% of the time. Mac does not seem to have any sense of where his WRs are on any given play and he seems to be over thinking whether or not to throw the ball. That indecision on his part, is not Matt's fault, that's 100% on Mac. Those extra two to three seconds creates panic in his mind to throw and 50% of the time it's been the wrong throw to make.

As time has gone on this season, he seems to have become more and more uncomfortable. My guess is that part of nthat was Zappe having such success for the two and a half games he took over. It's becoming a case of trying too hard to be better and taking too long to do it. As games progress I think he's constantly looking at the sideline to see if Zappe is warming up and not having 100% of his attention on his game.

That's my opinion. Watching replays of his performance in the last two games doesn't give me a hell of a lot of confidence that he's going to snap out of it. Especially with the remaining schedule.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zappe sure seemed to get the ball out faster than Mac.
And he at least looked at other options down field.

Also, did you notice that our O-line was suddenly not the worst in the league when Zappe was playing?

I know I know I know it was against the Lions and Browns but just the same it looked like a totally different offense.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, did you notice that our O-line was suddenly not the worst in the league when Zappe was playing?

I know I know I know it was against the Lions and Browns but just the same it looked like a totally different offense.
Yup the line looks better when the QB doesn't take to long.
It felt like Mac takes 35 seconds to make a decision. I know it wasn't that long but it felt like it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve changed-ish my mind on Fat Pat.

But let’s be real. A better QB would at least score a few TD’s.
I dont see Mac as the issue. What has changed? The O line is worse than last year, the OC is worse, the WRs marginally better, the system has changed, how has Mac changed?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrews will be playing Sunday. Owenue and Strange can feel much better about what they have to do and not worry that Ferentz will hang them out to dry. Only guy to worry about is Wynn holding on 3rd and 3.

If Mac is unable to change, he has a serious problem that will never get fixed. What if Bill brought back Bill O'Brien? Would Mac now become an 80% completion, 45 TD and 5 INT QB? What if Patricia becomes the OC next year? Will Mac never be able to adjust? Basically what you're saying is that Mac can only play well in Josh McDaniels' system. If that's true, he'll be trying to do radio or TV gigs in 2025 because he won't be a good enough QB for anyone unless he's playing for JM. That could be possible because the fans and media in LV are screaming for Josh's head.

If Mac's targets are marginally better, why can't he find the ones that are open? Watch him carefully against the Jets Sunday. He says he's been working on his foot work. If that improves, will it help him find an open WR? Will it give him five to seven seconds to release the ball? I'm hoping that improving his footwork doesn't make him think that he's become Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen and that he can now become a running threat.

There are reasons for everything and reasons can be fixed. There are excuses for everything and excuses cannot be repaired.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see Mac as the issue. What has changed? The O line is worse than last year, the OC is worse, the WRs marginally better, the system has changed, how has Mac changed?
I agree with this perspective. Time will tell all.
Andrews will be playing Sunday. Owenue and Strange can feel much better about what they have to do and not worry that Ferentz will hang them out to dry. Only guy to worry about is Wynn holding on 3rd and 3.

If Mac is unable to change, he has a serious problem that will never get fixed. What if Bill brought back Bill O'Brien? Would Mac now become an 80% completion, 45 TD and 5 INT QB? What if Patricia becomes the OC next year? Will Mac never be able to adjust? Basically what you're saying is that Mac can only play well in Josh McDaniels' system. If that's true, he'll be trying to do radio or TV gigs in 2025 because he won't be a good enough QB for anyone unless he's playing for JM. That could be possible because the fans and media in LV are screaming for Josh's head.

If Mac's targets are marginally better, why can't he find the ones that are open? Watch him carefully against the Jets Sunday. He says he's been working on his foot work. If that improves, will it help him find an open WR? Will it give him five to seven seconds to release the ball? I'm hoping that improving his footwork doesn't make him think that he's become Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen and that he can now become a running threat.

There are reasons for everything and reasons can be fixed. There are excuses for everything and excuses cannot be repaired.
YReb is saying IF the team gets better so too will Mac. Nobody is implying any type of change will make Mac the best QB in the history of the game (as you are exaggerating here). Mac was drafted for a reason and those reasons are still there and can help the team.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line was great for Zappe
Really how so? Those were shitty defenses Zappe faced. Not sure why people are all in on Zappe, are these the same guy who were all in on Mac last year? I am going to assume BB know's what he is doing.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How important is the game today?

Right now the Patriots at 5-4 have a 39% chance of getting into the playoffs

A loss today drops those percentage points to 17% (Twenty two percent drop)

A win at home against the Jets pushes the percentage to 54% (A seventeen percent increase)

All of the percentages are based on every team's final scheduled games difficulty.