• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #8 - NE Patriots vs NY Jets Mon. 11/09/2020 8:15 PM EST

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what you like to call an ass, is a "butt". That's the nickname for the buttocks. The buttocks are those glutus maximus muscles.

Again, we can agree to disagree.
Why would anyone agree to disagree when you can just disagree.

Why would the word asshole exist if it wasn't a very specific part of a bigger thing? Here's where you lose... The discussion started with me referencing Sharky's avatar. That picture "IS" the context and is not a picture of an asshole, nor a donkey, nor anything other than gluts.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like everything in the Hoop.....................................it only takes a second to get off the track.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like everything in the Hoop.....................................it only takes a second to get off the track.
The point is.................................

This is a Jets/Pats thread. Somehow it went from that to the size of an ass, to what an ass is or isn't.

For some unknown reason, we just can't stay on track.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a Jets/Pats thread. Somehow it went from that to the size of an ass, to what an ass is or isn't.

The discussion of a woman's ass should never be considered off topic in any forum ever.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But back to the "topic". Darnold appears to not be playing. Apparently the Jets do not want to risk losing the first pick of next years draft.

If the Jets pick Trevor and Rogers goes to the 49ers is there any chance the Pats try to get Darnold? Might he be a good fit?

The talk of a Jimmy G/Pats reunion needs to die. The guy is average at best and can't stay healthy.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before JG or Darnold I'd rather have Justin Fields or Sam Howell

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the Jets get their first win against the Patriots today? Yes, yes they can.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought the point of the board was to socialize around the topic of the Pats and not exclusively to discuss the Pats. Sometimes the thread organically goes into a different, sometimes bizarre place, but so what if several of us are enjoying ourselves. It's not like either I or anyone else added a huge monologue.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots notes: Here's who can replace Stephon Gilmore, others as New England limps into Monday Night Football

Patriots news and notes heading into Monday Night Football

[IMG alt=" Tyler Sullivan
"]https://sportshub.cbsistatic.com/i/r/2019/07/30/a999b8fa-9429-42fb-8bee-3761f1417ee0/thumbnail/80x80/ce5583e50d3f2b9f0db37b3ebbefd034/tyler-sullivan-700.png[/IMG]

By Tyler Sullivan

4 hrs ago8 min read

New York Giants v New England Patriots
Getty Images
The New England Patriots will look to snap their four-game losing streak without some key members Monday when they square up with the New York Jets in prime time. Throughout the week the Patriots injury report was vast, and the team was hit with a big blow Sunday when the club downgraded corner Stephon Gilmore (knee), defensive tackle Lawrence Guy (shoulder, elbow, knee) and linebacker Ja'Whaun Bentley (groin) to out. Receiver N'Keal Harry (concussion) and running back J.J. Taylor (illness) were ruled out Friday.
Specifically, on defense, the Patriots are losing key players on all three layers. Starting with the most notable in reigning Defensive Player of the Year Gilmore, the corner will miss his second straight game due to a knee injury. While Gilmore is the biggest name of this grouping, he's arguably the easiest to replace as J.C. Jackson is the expected starter in his place. Jackson has a team-high four interceptions on the year as the third-year corner has performed extremely well in a limited role throughout his young career.
Meanwhile, Bill Belichick's defense was already thin at linebacker and that only becomes more apparent with Bentley, who has started every game this season, sidelined. This turn of events likely pushes rookie Josh Uche atop the linebacker depth chart and quite possibly gets him the first start of his career. The 2020 second-round pick made his NFL debut last week against Buffalo after starting the year on injured reserve. He played in 21% of the defensive snaps and logged one tackle. On the interior of the defensive line, the Patriots struggled against the run with Guy missing time against the Bills and that is at risk of continuing with him out for Week 9. Byron Cowart, Adam Butler, Nick Thurman and Carl Davis (questionable, concussion) are next in line in the middle of that front seven.
Luckily for the Patriots, the Jets are battling some key injuries of their own as quarterback Sam Darnold will not suit up for this matchup either, paving the way for Joe Flacco to start against New England.

Gilmore not traded, Pats future still murky​

While he may not be on the field Monday night, Stephon Gilmore is still a member of the Patriots with the trade deadline now in the rearview mirror. Belichick dismissed talk that Gilmore was on the block, but the reported asking price for the All-Pro cornerback was said to be a first-round pick and a player coming back to New England. That proved to be too rich for other clubs' blood and has Gilmore in Foxborough for the rest of the season. Beyond that? It still feels like his time in a Patriots uniform is ticking down to its final minutes.

This offseason will be fascinating for Gilmore and the Patriots as the two sides will need to address his contract, which is through the 2021 season. The corner is set to make a base salary of $7 million in the final year of his deal, which will certainly need to be adjusted but it remains to be seen if Belichick will be the one giving him a new deal. With Gilmore set to be 31 at the start of next season, the Patriots may be looking to go in a different direction with their cash, especially with the likes of J.C. Jackson emerging.

Hello, Isaiah Ford​

The Patriots did make a deal at the deadline, acquiring wide receiver Isaiah Ford from the Dolphins. This is a rare intra-division trade between New England and Miami, which does speak to the desperation that the Patriots have at the receiver position as it's typically not best practice to ship draft capital of any kind to a team you'll face twice a year.
As for Ford the player, he has 18 receptions through seven games this season for 184 yards. Look for the 24-year-old to line up in the slot and adopt a bulk of the routes left by Julian Edelman, who is on IR after undergoing a knee procedure. Ford is set to be a free agent at the end of this season, but his restricted status does give New England some flexibility if they want to keep this relationship going beyond 2020.

Patriots tried to add Dante Pettis​

Following the deadline, the San Francisco 49ers waived receiver Dante Pettis. Given that the pass-catcher was a former second-round pick and is only 25 years old, he was looked at as an intriguing flyer for a number of clubs including the Patriots. According to Field Yates of ESPN, New England put in a claim on him but were unsuccessful as the New York Giants had a higher priority. While Pettis may not have been able to find his way to Foxborough this time around, he will be a name to monitor if he shakes loose somewhere down the line, specifically this offseason.

What Michel's return means for backfield​

New England saw Sony Michel return to practice this week for the first time since being placed on IR due to a quad injury. While Michel could make his return to action as early as this Monday Night Football matchup with New York, I do think that Michel's re-entry into the backfield -- whenever that may be -- will speak volumes to how the organization sees Damien Harris. I don't foresee Michel retaining his starting job and will now move to a complementary role to the second-year back out of Alabama.
This week, Josh McDaniels showered praise over Harris, including his growth in blitz pickup. McDaniels said that Harris is "the kind of guy that there may or may not be a hole, but he's going to make one." He also credited Harris' big-play ability, which is something that Michel has simply not shown over the course of his tenure in New England. Through four games played this season, Harris has 279 rushing yards to his name and a touchdown. He's also hauled in both of his targets for 26 yards. In three games played, Michel has 173 rushing yards and has also caught two passes for 23 yards. While these numbers are somewhat similar, the eye test leans in favor of Harris, which really hasn't changed dating back to training camp when he was the best player in that backfield.

This is the first time this season that both backs have been healthy at the same time, which will paint a clearer picture of the backfield masthead. In that depth-chart duel, Harris should be the man who comes out on top.

Michael Onwenu latest late-round find​

The Patriots should just make their life easier and spend the entire sixth round of future drafts taking players out of Michigan. For some reason, they seem to hit home runs whenever they do so with the latest being offensive lineman Michael Onwenu. The 6-foot-3, 350-pounder has been a tremendous find for New England this season, playing all across the offensive line. Not only has Onwenu been versatile, he has given the Patriots elite play and was Pro Football Focus' highest-graded rookie coming into Week 9.
"Mike's a hardworking kid," Bill Belichick said of Onwenu on Friday. "He takes coaching well. Whatever you ask him to do, he tries very hard to do it and is a real smart kid that can correct mistakes and pick things up the second time around. It might be something he hasn't seen that he doesn't maybe react to as quickly to the first time, but after he's seen it and after he's had a chance to gain some experience – which he's gained a lot of experience both playing guard and tackle – his awareness and physicality, technique. Just he's a good football player and he's shown the versatility to play two different spots, guard and tackle – which, in this league, as a rookie, different sides of the line, it's really been impressive."

Onwenu's arrival couldn't be better timed for a Patriots team that is about to see starting guards Joe Thuney and Jermaine Eluemunor along with center David Andrews enter free agency this offseason.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots rush 3 and have 8 back in coverage and JC gets beat for a 50 yard TD.

$th and 1. And hand off to James White into the teeth of the defense? Why? Why not have Cam sneak for a yard? Why not cross them upnd get into the shot and throw a five screen? They haven't stopped one screen all night.

My wife says that BB is canning the season. She thinks he knows they suck and isn't going to get guys killed and not be able to play next year.

From my point of view, Cam looks like he's afraid to do anything because he's looked so bad and doesn't want toook any worse. The only problem with putting Stidham in, is that he'll make mistakes trying to do too much.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what does tonight mean? We suck just a little less than the Jets?

I'm okay with this team given the 20 years in the bank. It takes a lot of patience, sure, but I think 20 years of bank deserves that.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay here I go as you know I do not get a lot of Pats games here in Florida but my assessment of what I saw last night.

1. Jakobi Meyers should not be sent back down if we get Harry, or Jules back or anybody else. Seems to me like he is our only WR getting separation.
2. Let's fire sale all our Tight Ends, every single one of them, I know we were trying to run the ball but I don't think a TE was targeted one time last nigh, not once. Get rid of them all and just bring in some extra tackles.
3. Sure as hell were a lot of names on defense I never heard of before.
4. Harris looks good at least for now and Rex played good ball.
5. There was a recent thread about resigning Cam, No thanks, sure he made some nice passes but he consistently misses open targets and his mechanics suck.
5. Nice game plan Josh, when forced to dumb it down Josh found a way. That being said it was the 0-8 Jets and we still struggled.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give Cam Credit. After I crapped on him, he seemed to start getting a better. At one point he 19 of 20 passing for 167 Yds.
Then he reverted to the Cam we know and twice, not once, twice fell down without being touched. Then I have credit him for getting out of near certain sack and getting off a pass completion.

I also have to compliment Josh, he somehow kept him from running free and possibly fumbling although he did try reach the ball across the goal and nearly got it slapped away.

30-27 on a FG with 3 seconds left is a hell of a lot better than a fumble on the 13 with 30 seconds or picking the wrong hole with 3 seconds left.