• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 6: Chicago Blackhawks @ Los Angeles Kings, 5/30 6:00 PM, NBCSN

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen the Hawks go into a different gear, what I saw in the last 2 games was the Kings playing the Hawks game instead of their own. Kings will lose that back and forth game every time to the Hawks. When the Kings let teams into their zone with speed it never ends up favorable for them

KickSave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings backed off again when they got the lead.

But what I noticed is the biggest part of this whole collapse fiasco is that they aren't seeing each other on the ice anymore. They were reeling when they were "clicking".. blind passes tape-to-tape, cycles in front of the net, and just an overall knowledge of where each other was all the time. These last two games they are completely out of sync.. running into each other.. second guessing each other on breakouts.. it's not all game but most of the game. I don't think the Hawks are really doing much different other than using their speed and the Kings for some reason, getting extremely intimidated. When they were putting the body on every player, every shift, the Kings dominated... Hawks can't handle it. But the second the Kings back off, boom, the Hawks fly. I don't know if they can fix it but they had better think of something because golf time could be Monday at 8am.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings backed off again when they got the lead.

But what I noticed is the biggest part of this whole collapse fiasco is that they aren't seeing each other on the ice anymore. They were reeling when they were "clicking".. blind passes tape-to-tape, cycles in front of the net, and just an overall knowledge of where each other was all the time. These last two games they are completely out of sync.. running into each other.. second guessing each other on breakouts.. it's not all game but most of the game.

That's what happens when your not playing "your" game, players aren't where they are supposed to be and assignments are lost. They want to run and gun because its fun, but the Hawks will win that

KickSave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what happens when your not playing "your" game, players aren't where they are supposed to be and assignments are lost. They want to run and gun because its fun, but the Hawks will win that

Exactly. Kings should play that rough, paste you to the boards type of game. They did it for about 10 minutes, then quit, then got burned. Cliffy proved it with that demolishing hit (two in that shift actually)... I don't know. I'm not very confident about tomorrow but I definitely think they can pull it off. Getting caught up in their game, like you noted, will be the end of it. It's the potentially last game... they gotta come out smashing and never stop. That's the key: never stop.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen the Hawks go into a different gear, what I saw in the last 2 games was the Kings playing the Hawks game instead of their own. Kings will lose that back and forth game every time to the Hawks. When the Kings let teams into their zone with speed it never ends up favorable for them

That's pretty much what I'm seeing, but also a lot of credit to the Hawks. Kane is a world class player and he was kept in check much of Games 1-4. No shocker the Kings went 3-1, had secondary scoring and they did this by simply playing their game. Not so much in Games 5-6, they have tried to have a track meet with the Hawks and they will lose that game 10/10 times.

I'm not on the hate Quick bandwagon, but he is definitely off. He has given up a lot of softies in this whole series, but none have come back to bite him in the ass unlike in the last 2 games. The Kings were rattling off 3-4 goals a game and getting timely scoring, the same thing the Hawks are doing now. No reason why Quick should be losing games when the Kings are putting up 4 and 5 goals for him.

He has given up more softies than made big saves, where as Crawford has done about an equal amount of both. Quick has one game left to find that level again because he certainly isn't doing the team any favors, compounded with the shoddy defense and poor decisions.

No matter, it comes down to 1 game. That's it. Bring the Kings game to Chicago, handle your business and get the win.

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty much what I'm seeing, but also a lot of credit to the Hawks. Kane is a world class player and he was kept in check much of Games 1-4. No shocker the Kings went 3-1, had secondary scoring and they did this by simply playing their game. Not so much in Games 5-6, they have tried to have a track meet with the Hawks and they will lose that game 10/10 times.

I'm not on the hate Quick bandwagon, but he is definitely off. He has given up a lot of softies in this whole series, but none have come back to bite him in the ass unlike in the last 2 games. The Kings were rattling off 3-4 goals a game and getting timely scoring, the same thing the Hawks are doing now. No reason why Quick should be losing games when the Kings are putting up 4 and 5 goals for him.

He has given up more softies than made big saves, where as Crawford has done about an equal amount of both. Quick has one game left to find that level again because he certainly isn't doing the team any favors, compounded with the shoddy defense and poor decisions.

No matter, it comes down to 1 game. That's it. Bring the Kings game to Chicago, handle your business and get the win.

I don't think anyone has denied that Quick is off. That Smith goal last night was a killer.

And we all can agree that he has been up and down and not the same player we've seen in the past. The issue starts when certain others start claiming every goal he's giving up is a "softie" while not paying attention to the circumstances of the plays and dynamics of certain shot(s) in question.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen in this last two games is a Kings team that has gotten a lead late and then played not to lose instead of playing to win. They quit playing aggressive defense and went into a defensive shell. Think football "prevent defense". That never works either unless you've got a big lead. Earlier this playoffs those two games would have been locked down wins by the Kings. Maybe they're showing a little too much respect for the "defending champs". I don't know but Games 5 and 6 should have both been Kings wins in my estimation. I'm not sure they'll get that chance in Game 7. I'm hoping so because I feel they've learned their lesson and will be able to shut it down Kings style and give the Hawks zero room to maneuver and make plays. Last night's game winner from Kane was absolutely poor defense. Kane was allowed to skate around like he was in the Ice Capades. I was waiting for him to do a double axel.

Ox

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backs against the wall
I must believe Kings will win
No reason they cant

There 2-0 in game 7s on the toad this season, so we know they can do it. I just feel like they need a two goal lead to really squash these guys.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There 2-0 in game 7s on the toad this season, so we know they can do it. I just feel like they need a two goal lead to really squash these guys.

Not 2-0 in game 7's in Chicago though

Big difference

KickSave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen in this last two games is a Kings team that has gotten a lead late and then played not to lose instead of playing to win. They quit playing aggressive defense and went into a defensive shell. Think football "prevent defense". That never works either unless you've got a big lead. Earlier this playoffs those two games would have been locked down wins by the Kings. Maybe they're showing a little too much respect for the "defending champs". I don't know but Games 5 and 6 should have both been Kings wins in my estimation. I'm not sure they'll get that chance in Game 7. I'm hoping so because I feel they've learned their lesson and will be able to shut it down Kings style and give the Hawks zero room to maneuver and make plays. Last night's game winner from Kane was absolutely poor defense. Kane was allowed to skate around like he was in the Ice Capades. I was waiting for him to do a double axel.

Ox

Yep... playing "prevent", prevents you from winning.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Big difference

LA loosing has been much more about LA then the Hawks winning. Yes the Hawks are good and they could very well win this series again but you Hawk fans make them out to be the greatest team ever and they are not.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Big difference

I don't think the Kings have ever played a Game 7 in Chicago. So the records are 0-0 for both teams. To top that off past records don't mean squat. It's what you do now on the ice. May the best team win.

Ox

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ox, you said it best, Kings played the prevent NOT to lose instead of maintaining a balanced attack.

Irish, I think all kings fans know that we are the 'dogs tomorrow. But we took you to seven and you know the Kings belong on the ice with the Hawks win or lose tomorrow. Game of bounces and the hawks have gotten quite a few.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Big difference

True they wear red. Other than that no difference. The Hawks won't decide the game. It will be which Kings team shows up. The tight checking, defense first, Quick god mode or the team that learned to score and is making bad decisions.
The Hawks are a good team but are not that much better than the Kings, Ducks, or Sharks.

If the Kings lose we will hear from you soon. If the win we Might hear from you next year.

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Kings have ever played a Game 7 in Chicago. So the records are 0-0 for both teams. To top that off past records don't mean squat. It's what you do now on the ice. May the best team win.

Ox

Agree 100%

Past victories and losses mean nothing now. Momentum means nothing now. Only thing that matters now is how well they play tomorrow night.

They're a veteran team. They've been through the wars.That being said, game 7 will be nothing new for them. They've shown they can play well in Chicago, so I have faith they will make us proud again tomorrow.

All I know, is that this playoff run has really put this old heart through the wringer. Back in 70's - 80's - 90's and even in the Deadmarsh/Palffy back to back 7 game series against the Avalanche in the early 00's, I was not so mentally and emotionally run down by watching the games. "lol"

Wouldn't miss the boys for anything in the world though. I've waited 40 some years of rabid fandom to see the franchise become as strong as it has.

#Believe