• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 6: Chicago Blackhawks @ Los Angeles Kings, 5/30 6:00 PM, NBCSN

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Pete.. no one is saying it's ALL the defenses fault, but it seems that every goal that Quick allows according to you is a softie that is his fault. And as we all know, the Conn Smythe is for the playoff MVP. It's an individual award. It's ludicrous to try to use that as any sort of example.You expect Quick to emulate the 2012 playoff run? No goaltender could. Quick was unconscious that run, and the Kings also had a younger Greene, Mitchell, and Scuderi wreaking havoc in front of him in the crease each series.

Again, quit making excuses

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just don't get it.. do you?

Amazing myopia.

Get what, your blinding love for Quick? I call it like I see it "today" not sucking his member from 2012. I was on his lackluster play before then.

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get what, your blinding love for Quick? I call it like I see it "today" not sucking his member from 2012. I was on his lackluster play before then.

I don't have "blinding" love for Quick. I just don't (unlike you) have a blinding hatred towards him and blame him and him alone for every goal that is scored against the Kings without realizing what is taking place on the ice in front of him.

What I do have (unlike you) is some objectivity regarding his play and can objectively say he's been up and down in this playoff run, but can also see when the shots he's facing are tough ones.

And YOU'RE the one wanting him to be the 2012 Quick

Last edited by a moderator:

heLL paso

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ You're the guy who said Leddy's amazing goal a few games back was weak, because he's a defensemen. I think 95% of the goals Quickie has allowed, in your opinion, in these playoffs have been weak.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I hate Quick? That is just stupid, but with your dishonesty just keeps fooling yourself and will lead you to spoil. He isn't playing up to his capability.

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I hate Quick? That is just stupid, but with your dishonesty just keeps fooling yourself and will lead you to spoil. He isn't playing up to his capability.

Dishonesty? What the $@%! are you talking about? "lol"

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fooling yourself

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am honest I don't have faith in Quick.. There I said it.

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F U C K I N G D U H

You don't want him to be? :lol:

You just love trying deflect your own delusional expectations, huh?

Again, for what seems like the 100th time, Quick has been up and down in this run, but most people (I.e Not you ) can admit to that, while at the same time, not unequivocally blame him for every goal the opposition scores.

You can't seem to admit when he has no chance to see shots through traffic or when the defense breaks down in front of him. Plenty of us on the other hand can get on him for allowing the Smith goal, but also admit the Keith and Kane goals were extraordinarily hard looks for ANY goaltender in the league. You can't.

You expect Quick to stop everything, no matter the situation. No excuses on the Smith goal..that's solely on Quick. The two goals in the third, were another matter. Could he have stopped them? Sure. But to call them soft or weak goals is ridiculous.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just love trying deflect your own delusional expectations, huh?

You love to dream in the fictional past. Let's see how you feel when reality smacks you up side that head.

:laugh3: Quick isn't the best goalie ...

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You love to dream in the fictional past. Let's see how you feel when reality smacks you up side that head.

:laugh3: Quick isn't the best goalie ...

Huh?

Again, what the hell are you talking about? Who's living in the past besides you? What reality are you speaking of? The reality where you laughably state that every goal Quick gives up is a weak goal? That reality?

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all the team in front of him fault. Wahh The team in front of him didn't get the Conn Smythe, but it did get the Jennings, which he didn't deserve.

Need more?

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all the team in front of him fault. Wahh The team in front of him didn't get the Conn Smythe, but it did get the Jennings, which he didn't deserve.

Need more?

Typical lack of sense from the senseless. He didn't deserve the Conn Smythe in 2012? Or the team didn't deserve the Jennings this year? Can you at least try to make a coherent point somewhere?

And what does any of that have to do with you thinking that every goal he gives up is a weak one?

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical lack of sense from the senseless. He didn't deserve the Conn Smythe in 2012? Or the team didn't deserve the Jennings this year? Can you at least try to make a coherent point somewhere?

And what does any of that have to do with you thinking that every goal he gives up is a weak one?

Quit posting, you can't have it both ways. The Kings live and die by Jonathan Quick.

They are dying

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man you just piss everyone off now dont you?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was solid...there were 2 to 3 saves that he made this game that I doubt any other goalie in the league would have stopped. The only somewhat bad one was the Smith goal, and even on that one, he played it really well, Smith was just able to tuck it in behind him. 9 times out of 10, that doesn't go in.

Part of the frustration with the hawks is they dont always get traffic to the net. We see traffic and screens and goals, the other 90% of the time, goalies are getting clean looks. You screen Crawford every single play, he gets used to it, pushes them away, knows where they are, doesnt want D men in his way too. The more you see it you include this as the method to the madness. You set the goalie up to not have traffic so when it happens its really disturbing. Quick is an awesome goalie but both the leddy and kane goal were glanced off the left post hand high blocker side. First few games it was high glove that beat him.

I know you guys wished the last two games came out different, but this has been the best hockey we might have ever seen. Another series that deserves to be the cup final.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man you just piss everyone off now dont you?

He's a strange guy, I don't think he's all there as in has all his faculties. I was in a bad mood after game 5 and got into with him which was stupid on my part.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the frustration with the hawks is they dont always get traffic to the net. We see traffic and screens and goals, the other 90% of the time, goalies are getting clean looks. You screen Crawford every single play, he gets used to it, pushes them away, knows where they are, doesnt want D men in his way too. The more you see it you include this as the method to the madness. You set the goalie up to not have traffic so when it happens its really disturbing. Quick is an awesome goalie but both the leddy and kane goal were glanced off the left post hand high blocker side. First few games it was high glove that beat him.

I know you guys wished the last two games came out different, but this has been the best hockey we might have ever seen. Another series that deserves to be the cup final.

Chicago managed to find another gear when down in both games. It's like their talent goes into this freakish mode. It's impressive. I'm bummed as a King fan today, it sucks. But it's really great hockey that they are succumbing too.