• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G71 37-22-11 Kings @ Canucks 3/25/24

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game day, I have a bunch of kid stuff planned starting at 445pm so I wanted to get this out early.

Kings traveled to BC yesterday afternoon and with a 6pm start time didn't hold a practice today so we don't know what their lineup is going to be or the goalie situation.

Talbot has the better lifetime record against Vancouver, he's played well of late but I'm still nervous about Jill over extending him as the POs approach. Much like Copley did last season saving the Kings, Rittich did so when Talbot couldn't stop a beach ball and I think has deserved the right to play some more. I don't see anything wrong with going into the stretch with a 1A/B rotation in order to save Talbot from physically breaking down again.

Turcotte didn't accompany the team so he's here in LA, Grundstrom is skating now but still on LTIR. I'd be very curious to know what exactly he did, he has missed the last 20 games (injured 2/13 in that 7-0 belting against Buffalo) so it had to be pretty significant. His offense dried up but he's tye type of L4 guy you need in the POs. Turcotte, the injuries continue no matter what level he plays at. Has that Legend stink about him, constantly injured. If theynhavent already it may be a good time to consider moving him after 5 years but the issue is he has minimal value.

Arty Retardy is available in which case the Kings would go 12/6 and most likely scratch Moverare, if they stay 11/7 Retardy is the scratch yet again. You have to believe the relationship between LA and he has completely soured, he will be moved this summer even for peanuts. Guys like him are holding/have held back others chomping at the bit. Great example why I say the JADs, Kaliyevs, etc need to be jettisoned sooner rather than later. Both guys, here too long after getting shot after shot after shot.

Vancouver has been hot, 7-1-1 in their last 9 games. Demko is hurt so the Kings will see DeSmith who doesn't have good career numbers vs LA. The Canucks are tied for first overall in the league with 98 points (NYR) and have a league best +60 goal differential. I still can't believe JT Miller is an 80+ point guy, he's centering L3. They have a ton of firepower so a defensive effort will be key tonight and no soft goals. This is a potential WCQF match up should the Kings fall into WC2. Like I said, I rather see that than Edmonton again although I do want LA to finish as high as possible.

Like many here, I believe they've played better since the change, Hiller got them playing like the first 20 games again mostly but more importantly switching up to an 11/7 has forced players to learn to play with different linemates, something McLellan just didn't want to do. It cost him his job, the stubbornness and lack of in game adjustments. However I still do not believe this is a contending team. That L4 is going to stop them from moving on yet again. Hope I'm wrong.

Big game coming up, prediction: Canucks 4-2. Arvidsson and Kopitar with goals. For some reason I think the Kings are already looking ahead to the Thursday night game against Edmonton and will lose focus in this one. Again, hope I'm wrong.

Let's Go Kings!

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing the game....

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing the game....

I'll miss maybe the first 10 minutes, have to pick Junior I up from baseball practice at 615pm. Making dinner in a minute for the others, always go go go it seems.

Watching Vegas Blues for a minute, Leddy honored for 1000 games. I forgot how long that dude has been in the league. Need a Blues win but Vegas just scored, 1-0 early.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting for em to get it ready....i was going to get a grey one.... Most of my vehicles are white or kind of plain colors.... I saw this one it's called chili pepper, It's exactly The same as the one I was going to get except a different color and I like it.

Ya Rubicon is gone

I had looked at these a few years ago when they first came out, But I had passed on them During covid times..... Now i'm kind of looking at my vehicle for last one most likely.... I have lots of work trucks that I put miles on. So this thing probably won't get much except on weekends or after work. And when I go hunting and camping.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-1, didn't get to watch much of the first getting the kids settled with dinner and all (made killer pork chops - crunchy, moist and flavorful), they're destroying the kitchen making cake so I can sit down now and watch.

Looks like Fiala scored and I missed that, but saw Lafferty's goal - WTF were Gavrikov and Roy doing? Dude just went right between both and to the net, seems like lack of communication figuring out who was going to take him. Gavrikov was engaged but picked the wrong dude to stay with allowing Lafferty to go to Talbot. Clean that shizzle up Kings, Vegas up 1-0 second intermission on the Blue. Vegas win and Kings loss means WC2 by the end of the night.

Sounds like you'll get use out of the Bronco for fun. Do you work in construction or something? Sounds like a lot of work trucks.

I detest car buying, it's right up there with moving and court. I usually buy a new car every 10 years or so, I hate it so much. Had my Suburban for about 10 years, traded it in in 2020 after 223,000 miles, it served us well when the kids were little. Got a new 2020 Yukon XL SLT 4x4 (custom - had the big 7.4L GM V8 dropped in, some other extras. It's essentially a Denali but because I had them remove the middle row captain's chairs and put the bench back in they refused to give me the badge. Same wheels, grill, everything. Bastards) and it was the first time in my life I was able to buy a new car in cash.

It wasn't cheap but considering I keep these things for 10 years or so I wanted everything I got, no payments and was in a position to do so. I don't see anything that interests me in recent years (maybe a Silverado 2500 4x4 crew cab) but if I do at least I know owing anything on this won't be an issue. Cars seem to be getting uglier and uglier every year.

If anything I plan on getting another Harley, been eyeing the sporty Low Rider S to add to the big Road Glide touring bike. But again, I even hate the motorcycle buying process. You're a brave man.

*took two of the kids on it finally last weekend and they loved it but I got a ration of shit from the boys mom. Umm they're my kids too and I don't need to ask your permission to put my kids on it, I'm an experienced rider and obviously their safety comes first - go pound sand.

It's been 5.5 years but she screams and yells at me like we're still together. Must take a lot of energy to have me live rent free in your head.

=)~~

Last edited:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lizard, 2-1. Soucy took the initial penalty, Kings with full control on the delayed penalty and off Soucy and in. Kings getting a lot of those types of goals recently, about time that started working for tye Kings.

Critical 2:40 left, can't afford a late period goal. Canucks have played stride for stride with LA and vice versa, late goals are killers.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kopitar, 3-1. Kings going for the jugular, do it!

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got back to see 2 quick gosls by LA.

Yes, i am in construction....but thats not exactly where my vehicles came from. For the company i work for i have a chevy Silverado 2500 box truck....thats where my miles go these days.

Previous company gets rid of trucks at 150k....so i bought that one for 1500, it is an 2007 F150 and now has ~235k on it. I have a 1999 7.3 F250 that i got for hauling wifes horses and my Bobcat its just under 250k. Wife has a 2019 Rav 4....yes i know why buy something else haha. The Jeep was my driver/camp/hunt/fun rig.....now its this Bronco. As long as its not a POS it will probably be my last. All my vehicles run and are in good shape, If I was to get rid of one it would probably be the F150 But it's so nice to have that truck.So when people and kids need to borrow a truck they can take that one.

I also hate dealing with salesman, But I'm usually pretty prepared and know what I want for a deal and I get them to that right away and we go from there.... But i'm always ready to walk away

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly all the digital shit scares me, 12" center screen all digital drivers panel etc.... But it's all set up and so far.Pretty darn handy and cool. I can push a button and see all the way around the vehicle which will be cool when I go off roading. It has all the buttons and tricks the jeep (locking diffs etc) had and a few more. They give a ticket to goto Vegas and drive a Bronco on their 4 x 4 course and play with all those options and see how they work....so i will do that.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love getting 2 points from Van

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge win, Vegas beat the Blues 2-1 in OT. Blues in that pack chasing WC2, could have done without the 3 point game.

I fully thought LA would come out flat, glad to be wrong. Take the 2 and move on, good game overall. Looking like they're rounding into form.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got back to see 2 quick gosls by LA.

Yes, i am in construction....but thats not exactly where my vehicles came from. For the company i work for i have a chevy Silverado 2500 box truck....thats where my miles go these days.

Previous company gets rid of trucks at 150k....so i bought that one for 1500, it is an 2007 F150 and now has ~235k on it. I have a 1999 7.3 F250 that i got for hauling wifes horses and my Bobcat its just under 250k. Wife has a 2019 Rav 4....yes i know why buy something else haha. The Jeep was my driver/camp/hunt/fun rig.....now its this Bronco. As long as its not a POS it will probably be my last. All my vehicles run and are in good shape, If I was to get rid of one it would probably be the F150 But it's so nice to have that truck.So when people and kids need to borrow a truck they can take that one.

I also hate dealing with salesman, But I'm usually pretty prepared and know what I want for a deal and I get them to that right away and we go from there.... But i'm always ready to walk away

It's always good to have some trucks around, they come in handy more often than people realize. Now that I don't have one whenever I do need one I'm scrambling to borrow a friend's or something. Thus also the Canyon, it's not a full size but it's something. I've tried to preserve the Yukon as much as possible, not only did the kids pretty much trash it over a decade I smoked in it and that wasn't good either. That thing took a beating and lasted but at the end it needed more work than it was worth (motor mounts, window motor, things like that) so I said well guess it's time. I rarely let the kids even eat in the Yukon haha.

I'm always prepared with dealerships, I've walked away multiple times. And color me shocked they always miraculously find a way to call you 4 days later with a deal. It's annoying, your couldn't have just done that initially? And I learned this time around cash IS king, I walked in with a certified check and that absolutely commands their attention. I strongly recommend it if people can afford it.

The two best experiences I had were my 2007 Silverado 1500, dude literally threw me the keys, didn't even ride with me and said have fun, you got 20 minutes. Never pressured me, nothing. Got the deal I wanted and walked out with it that day. Second was this Yukon in 2020, I actually went through the Costco auto program, got a $90K truck for $80K and then put the $10K I saved into those upgrades. Out the door it was $91.4K but a major step up from the standard SLT package. My budget was $90 so I think I did OK going $400 over.

OT: what are tags like in Nevada? I just had to renew mine on the GMC and the Harley (genius here bought both 1 month apart in February and March 2020), the GMC was $721 and the Harley was $319. I was so pissed walking out of AAA, $319 for a motorcycle? GTFO, this is why I hate CA and its politics and why I am leaving in about 6 years and taking all my assets with me. This state can suck it - keep the sunshine, that shit is free everywhere.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty solid game. Canucks carried a lot of the play I thought but LA was really in it. Felt like a playoff game, honestly. Big two points.

Only major gripe was just yet another inability to lock it down late with a big lead. It feels like unless the Kings are up by 3, the game is still in play (And if this is Game 4 last year against Edmonton... 3 goal lead is also still in play). Moore did miss two empty-netters, and the Kopitar own goal didn't help. But Vancouver was all over LA that final 5 minutes, so it felt like a matter of time before one went in. And Lizzotte just whiffing a clear late.

But, solid win against 1st place team in the road, so how hard can I really complain? Time for the ole visit to Edmonton next. Big test. Feels like Edmonton is always on some sort of losing streak heading into the LA game, and the Kings help them get back on track.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pace of the game was pretty consistent, felt very much like a PO game. I think tye Canucks would be a much better match up for LA, let Vegas and Edmonton slug it out in the WCQFs and beat each other up.