• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency/Off Season Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are listed among the teams. Before okc came out of the blue, the heat & spurs were listed as 2 of his 3 possible destination. But no way can we get him if he's demanding 10-12 million yearly

Thing is, ESPN is saying it's likely he's going to OKC. They can only offer him the MLE. Right now, Miami can offer him more.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Jameer is on the Heat's radar now, sorry avalon.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1m
Point guard Darren Collison is leaving Clippers for Sacramento on a three-year, $16 million deal, according to LA Times' @BA_Turner

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WojYahooNBA
Pat Riley is still setting up free agent meetings for his trip to L.A. this week, selling promise of rings over Miami's shrinking cap space.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, it is not looking good right now from fans' perspective. If LeBron does leave, I hope Riley signs Gasol and a Nelson and retains Bosh and Wade. I hope things work out for you guys but as some have already stated, things in South Beach are getting dicey.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know never to doubt Riles and that whatever approach will eventually work - But,tough not to think that the longer we wait for Diva James to make another The Decision, the harder is going to be for us to pick up the quality free agents we need to strengthen our team. We need to start making moves ASAP whether Lebron approves of those moves or not is irrelevant at this point - Riles needs to do what is right for the TEAM and let Lebron do whatever the fuck he wants since that is what he is going to do regardless.

Collison is another FA that goes off the board today. We will probably have to settle for end of the road vets again

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We know never to doubt Riles and that whatever approach will eventually work - But,tough not to think that the longer we wait for Diva James to make another The Decision, the harder is going to be for us to pick up the quality free agents we need to strengthen our team. We need to start making moves ASAP whether Lebron approves of those moves or not is irrelevant at this point - Riles needs to do what is right for the TEAM and let Lebron do whatever the fuck he wants since that is what he is going to do regardless.

Collison is another FA that goes off the board today. We will probably have to settle for end of the road vets again
Again, relax. No way, we offer $5 million per year to a point guard. We need perimeter help and perhaps another person in the middle if Bird does not resign.

We have to wait on Lebron. With him, we are in the top 4 teams. Without him, we may be OK, but would need to strike lightening in the bottle to make a deep run.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, relax. No way, we offer $5 million per year to a point guard. We need perimeter help and perhaps another person in the middle if Bird does not resign.

We have to wait on Lebron. With him, we are in the top 4 teams. Without him, we may be OK, but would need to strike lightening in the bottle to make a deep run.

seems to me point guard was your biggest hole. I dont think lebron and wade want to bring the ball up, they have no trust in cole or chalmers.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems to me point guard was your biggest hole. I dont think lebron and wade want to bring the ball up, they have no trust in cole or chalmers.

But we also lost due to a lack of perimeter defense and help. Chalmers wasn't in the role of prototypical PG. I hope Miami can convince Nelson to take about $3.5 mil, but his agent says he's asking for $5 mil. What the hell is going on with all of these players getting overpaid?

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know much about college players, is Napier good enough to come in and start for us? I know LBJ was really high on him.. Can he come in and be like Westbrook was for the Thunder? Or are we getting another ChalmerS? a guy who seems to have talent but can never play up to it.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can Miami get Kyle Korver away from Atlanta? LOL.. we could use a knockdown 3pt shooter like him. Can we resign players only to trade them away?

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yes and no. During the regular season, the team needed a solid perimeter defender and scorer to fill in for Wade and take a load off Lebron. Obviously, point guard play was inconsistent and awful in the playoffs, but in the playoffs Lebron and Wade handle more of those duties. Obviously, with our draft pick we believe we have improved the position or can improve with a combination of two of the following: Cole (or Chalmers but not both), Napier, and a savy old veteran point guard coming free. The last one can come much later in the game. Look...if Lebron leaves, then we all bets are off. However, I am not sure that a ton of tweaks are needed.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can Miami get Kyle Korver away from Atlanta? LOL.. we could use a knockdown 3pt shooter like him. Can we resign players only to trade them away?

According to Stein & Ethan Skolnick we are trying to get Morrow & starting to chase realistic targets to fit around our 3.

Morrow shot 45% from 3 last year and for his career he is just about 43% from 3 in his career

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I dont know much about college players, is Napier good enough to come in and start for us? I know LBJ was really high on him.. Can he come in and be like Westbrook was for the Thunder? Or are we getting another ChalmerS? a guy who seems to have talent but can never play up to it.
Napier can create his own shot, plays very good defense and can rebound. Perhaps, a more focused and consistent Chalmers?! Yet to be seen. Seems like Mario got progressively worse last year with the emergence of Lewis who took his shots.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So LBJ agents met with multiple teams and Lebron will choose 3 of those teams to meet with him and his agent next week in Cleveland.

As I said before time to move on from this guy. He's wasting our time and killing our offseason

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat & Spo are in LA meeting with players

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Daleany, Heat assistant now with the Charlotte Hornets - Heat assistants are desired by many teams - David Fizdale is always on other teams radar but he just doesnt seem to want to leave the Heat

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So LBJ agents met with multiple teams and Lebron will choose 3 of those teams to meet with him and his agent next week in Cleveland.

As I said before time to move on from this guy. He's wasting our time and killing our offseason
yes...he will meet and yes he may leave, but we must stay in the game till the end. If worse comes to worse, we stick with the team we have and tank the season and have a ton of cap space for next season. Look, the has the option of the Lakers, the Bulls, the Rockets, Suns, Mavs and Cavaliers. The Heat will also get a crack. Will be interesting to see what happens. As always, Bosh is critical. Always thought that if we lost, there was a 50/50 shot he could leave. We shall see.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I have been saying, this is another case of a diva just holding a team hostage. This clown is leaving the Heat out in the cold not knowing what he will do - The most unfortunate part is that is seems the Heat are allowing Lebron to toy with them when they could have made an impact in FA ALREADY.

You either want to stay on the team or you dont - make up your mind. The fucking guy cant live without the spotlight on him.

He choked far too much in the finals to have the spotlight on him so now he wants it in the off-season.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Like I have been saying, this is another case of a diva just holding a team hostage. This clown is leaving the Heat out in the cold not knowing what he will do - The most unfortunate part is that is seems the Heat are allowing Lebron to toy with them when they could have made an impact in FA ALREADY.

You either want to stay on the team or you dont - make up your mind. The fucking guy cant live without the spotlight on him.

He choked far too much in the finals to have the spotlight on him so now he wants it in the off-season.
With fans like you, perhaps he should leave. He is the best player in the world...deal with it. We must fight to retain. If we do not, the sun will still come up and we will have to do our best to field a competitive team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gasol meeting with Miami tonight