• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Frank Gore WON'T Return

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have had better success in past years. Last year was a let down year because of injuries and Harbaugh half way out the door.

Thats true, but maybe he was only thinking of the present and going forward. They seem to be more stable right now. We are falling apart rapidly.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thats true, but maybe he was only thinking of the present and going forward. They seem to be more stable right now. We are falling apart rapidly.

we might 'fall apart' this season, due to leadership issues. But looking past this season, we'd have to replace Justin and Gore anyway.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we might 'fall apart' this season, due to leadership issues. But looking past this season, we'd have to replace Justin and Gore anyway.

True, but thats the purpose of drafting Hyde and Tank, right? I hope they're ready to step up?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about that. They lost McCoy and Maclin their 2 best players and somewhat don't have a QB. I think both teams are having a bad offseason. The good news 49ers might have around 30 mill to play with if they let go of Stevie and Brooks. Add the retiring of Smith and Willis.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather see him retire as a Niner. Reminiscent of Rice leaving.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, it's looking more and more like we will need a completely new left side of the banner. Crazy.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gore is going to sign a 3 year 12 million dollar deal with the Colts.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...as much as I hate to see him go, I'd love to see him get another shot at a ring...he deserves it.

Agree. Hope he gets back to the Super Bowl. Gore should thrive in that offense especially with Luck. Add Andre Johnson in the mix with Hilton and that offense should score a lot of points.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would go in their places? The poll I made a while back led me to think most posters here wanted current players. Who would they be?

I think it should be current players. Looks like there needs to be three. The first two if we had to pick today would be Navarro Bowman (hope he is back) and Joe Staley. The third one is tough. It comes down to someone like Kaepernick or Vernon Davis. Not ideal, but right now these guys are probably more the face of the franchise than anyone else. If Hyde has a really good year, I could see him as a replacement to Gore

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it should be current players. Looks like there needs to be three. The first two if we had to pick today would be Navarro Bowman (hope he is back) and Joe Staley. The third one is tough. It comes down to someone like Kaepernick or Vernon Davis. Not ideal, but right now these guys are probably more the face of the franchise than anyone else. If Hyde has a really good year, I could see him as a replacement to Gore
Tough to make a list with current players, isn't it? Some had thought that Tomsula should be up there as well. IMO I can't get behind putting unproven talent on the 9er banner but it's a majority decision.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to make a list with current players, isn't it? Some had thought that Tomsula should be up there as well. IMO I can't get behind putting unproven talent on the 9er banner but it's a majority decision.

It sure is. Some of the guys leaving were leadership type guys and the face of the franchise. I would if Navarro Bowman comes back healthy, he is probably the leader and face of the defense. Staley would probably be one of the leaders of the offense and long-time 49er. There are a number of younger players who could step into those roles but that would take some time

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me I think Tomsula has to be there being the HC. I was a big Harbaugh guy and was pissed to see him leave but you can hold it against Tomsula. I get a lot are not fans of Kaepernick but he is the face of the franchise and our QB. So to me Kaep also has to be up there. After that I just have a list of guys who could be up there Bowman, Aldon, Boldin, Vernon, Staley, Reid.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Kaep, Staley, Bowman, sounds about right.