• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Frank Gore WON'T Return

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles over paid. We just offered 4 mill for 2 years. He isnt a great fit for the eagles. Bad Oline and Kellys offense.

I dont think Eagles have a bad O-line. Jason Peters is a beast and the Eagles would be smart to run Gore behind that big boy. Gore has proven over the years anyway he doesnt need much of a hole. Frank has great eyes and knows how to find an opening. I agree him in the fast paced Chip Kelly O doesnt make much sense. But im guessing since McCoy and Sproles are so very similar the Eagles were looking for a different type of RB.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles just lost Maclin. Time to load the box. gore is the only weapon they have

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Matthews and Riley Cooper will have to step up big time. I would now bet the Eagles go WR in the 1st.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers talk about winning with class. Well they just let one of the classiest guys to ever strap it on and play for the 49ers go. I will miss Frank Gore from the U . Good luck to Frank ..I wish him the very best. Class.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers talk about winning with class. Well they just let one of the classiest guys to ever strap it on and play for the 49ers go. I will miss Frank Gore from the U . Good luck to Frank ..I wish him the very best. Class.
no they didn't. Eagles over paid for him. we couldn't give him 7.5 mill.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles over paid. We just offered 4 mill for 2 years. He isnt a great fit for the eagles. Bad Oline and Kellys offense.

Kelly has been making some big moves. They better pay off or he will set them back for a decade.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ditto

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly has been making some big moves. They better pay off or he will set them back for a decade.
Yeah if it doesn't work out he is done as an NFL head coach.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It starting to hit me about Gore. its going to be weird not having him on the team and weird seeing him on a different team. He went with money instead of winning. I don't blame him. Man i will miss him.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It starting to hit me about Gore. its going to ird not having him on the team and weird seeing him on a different team. He went with money instead of winning. I don't blame him. Man i will miss him.

How did he choose money over winning? The eagles were better than the niners last year. Also, they promised him he would be the starter.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It starting to hit me about Gore. its going to be weird not having him on the team and weird seeing him on a different team. He went with money instead of winning. I don't blame him. Man i will miss him.

same with all other 49er greats when they left.....Montana, Lott, Rice, etal.

off hand, Bryant Young didn't go another team.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Going to miss him. He's a class act all the way. Niners were mediocre last year. Plus at his age, you have to get as much money as you can.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if it doesn't work out he is done as an NFL head coach.

I don't think so. He gave up McCoy for Kiki Alanso. Kiki has a much lower salary and will benefit that Defense in a positive way. It also allowed the Eagles the extra cap room to land Maxwell. I like all of Kelly's moves so far this off season. I think he over paid for Gore if anything.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BOB, I don't care for Jed's dumb class comment, but letting go of older players happens. Montana, Craig, Lott, Rice all finished their careers elsewhere. Bill Walsh, best 49er coach ever, told Randy Cross he would be an NFL player for 7 or 8 more years, but Cross would only be on the 49ers for five years. Walsh told Cross he wanted Cross' best years. Walsh also called in Dwight Clark to his office and told him the 49ers wanted to cut his pay on half as he wouldn't be the player he used to be. Unfortunately not all of the great players finish with their teams.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOB, I don't care for Jed's dumb class comment, but letting go of older players happens. Montana, Craig, Lott, Rice all finished their careers elsewhere. Bill Walsh, best 49er coach ever, told Randy Cross he would be an NFL player for 7 or 8 more years, but Cross would only be on the 49ers for five years. Walsh told Cross he wanted Cross' best years. Walsh also called in Dwight Clark to his office and told him the 49ers wanted to cut his pay on half as he wouldn't be the player he used to be. Unfortunately not all of the great players finish with their teams.

Frank is not done. He will thrive in that Philly offense this year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank is not done. He will thrive in that Philly offense this year.

I know he is not done. But neither was Montana or Rice or even Lott. I would have liked to have seen Gore back, but he isn't the player he once was. He really needs to be splitting the load with other RB's. The team probably felt what Gore got from Philly was more than they were willing to pay. It might be Hyde's time now,

Mock2Speed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Damn. I was holding onto hope that Gore would stick around. Just loved his old school bruiser, hitting the gaps downhill running style. Hyde looks to be a downhill runner, but with a more explosive first step and decisive cut (none of that Ricky Barlow/Reggie Bush dancing behind the line). I was hoping for him to get at least another year behind Gore, under his tutelage he would better develop and procure how Gore anticipated the gaps opening up.

I wish him wetland hope he continue so we can see his bust in Canton one day.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gore was only coming back if he wanted to be back, and didn't want to play for another team. It was just not feasible for us to re-sign him. We have Hyde and re-signed Hunter. If we wanted we're in a great spot to grab Gordon or Gurley who might be 2 of the best backs in the draft since Peterson.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did he choose money over winning? The eagles were better than the niners last year. Also, they promised him he would be the starter.
We have had better success in past years. Last year was a let down year because of injuries and Harbaugh half way out the door.