• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers 3 Stars 2013-14

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back again for another season, the stars/goats thread! Post your stars and goats here. The 3 and 3 quickly faded to 'who you thought played well' and 'who sucked', but that works!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only caught the last 5 minutes, but Coburn gets my goat of the 5 minutes. What's he doing on that third goal? Don't get the puck on the wrap, dumb but not the end of the world. Doesn't win the puck in a battle with lupul, still not the end of the world. Covers no people on a 2 on 1,STILL not the end of the world (thanks mason). Falls down trying to bail mason out. Goal. That's a lot of bad stuff on one play there Braydon.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sooner Lavy is fired the sooner we can start being serious. This man is 3 years past expiration.

Vinny looked good.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sooner Lavy is fired the sooner we can start being serious. This man is 3 years past expiration.

Vinny looked good.

Yeah. I'm starting to change my opinion on Lavi now. I think a change should come soon. The Flyers were very impressive for 2 periods and Bernier stole the show. Leafs had no business being in this game. Some bad bounces and then here we are down 3-1. This game fucking bothers me. I can't pinpoint it why it bothers me? I feel we never have that goalie that can steal a game for us. Anyway, sooner or later we will know Lavi's fate.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly they played a pretty good game but ran into a hot goalie again....how many times have we seen this??? Next game they probably put up 5-8 goals but when they only need two nothing goes in. Give leafs a little credit as they hung in there by their bra straps and found a way to win on the road. Flyers did look rusty around the net so I'm not going to get excited and try to fire everyone.

Lecav looked great plays well with Simmonds but not sure why they moved Schenn off that line as he seems to work well with Vinny too. I'm guessing Jake wasn't 100% so they bumped him to 3rd line?

Either way Schenn looked pretty good but sputtered at times first game can't complain. G didn't look like G but need to give him some time. Harts a little rusty too but didn't play bad except for not finishing on some great chances.

The rest of the fwds weren't bad but nothing special Couts not one of his better games.

Thought Timonen played great so did Streit. Luke not bad but lost his man on boland game winner. Mez actually played a strong game.

Rosehill was blatantly cross checked in the face by orr but he only got 2 min. He was so incensed that he got 2 but orr could be suspended it was that bad the refs missed a textbook head shot.

I would say the PP was the goat but they created chance after chance but bernier either robbed them or they weren't sharp around the net. Anyway that's my 2 cents....

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I'm starting to change my opinion on Lavi now. I think a change should come soon. The Flyers were very impressive for 2 periods and Bernier stole the show. Leafs had no business being in this game. Some bad bounces and then here we are down 3-1. This game fucking bothers me. I can't pinpoint it why it bothers me? I feel we never have that goalie that can steal a game for us. Anyway, sooner or later we will know Lavi's fate.

That's it right there.We would need Lundqvist,Quick or Rinne to give us a feeling of confidence going into a game.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worked thank God so I missed the whole game and from what I am gathering I missed nothing at all, same bullshit different year! Lavy is like spoiled milk, he needs to go!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Brayden Schenn
** Vincent Lacavalier
*** Mark Streit

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great first 45 minutes, awful last 45 minutes. My mental notes:

Watched Talbot coasting in picking his nose on the first goal, Read doing the same on the 2nd, instead of covering open guys near the net. Coburn and Mason tag-teamed to allow the 3rd goal. Timonen with a major gaff that could have turned ugly, instead he took the 2 minutes. Yes, B Schenn scored a goal, but he was very unimpressive the rest of the way, either getting easily pushed off the puck or making bad decisions with it. Giroux played a strong game in all 3 zones, even if he didn't find his way onto the scoreboard. LeCavalier with a nice set-up and created a few other scoring chances. Nice to see Streit's puck moving ability. Hartnell shoots wide (repeat)! Simmonds puts it right into Bernier's pads (repeat)! Meszaros was steady. I was worried about him going in. Couturier was a beast in the face-off circle, and was able to muscle through the Toronto D almost at will. His decision making with the puck was weak, though. He still needs to make his reads a bit more quickly. I thought Hall was supposed to be good on faceoffs? Did he win ANY? Enjoy the press box. Time to see what Laughton can bring.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars
1- Brayden Schenn Goal and a fight
2-Vinny! Played an excellent all around game
3- Timmo,Streit, Read, Rinaldo, Harty all played very well

Goats
1- Power Play
2-Lavi
3- Cooter, Jake, Talbot and Luke Schenn were all invisible

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I think you probably have to fault a few guys on the first boland goal lots of them watching puck carrier. Just bad defensive zone coverage. Coaches have to drill that into their heads or they won't win anything this year.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire Lavy or #TankForEkblad

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G looks like he can't shoot Jake looks hurt and Harts looks lost. Glad they worked out rust in preseason. Lecav looks good his line ok. Couts better game but not enough from his line Talbot invisible. Probably 2nd best player was Rinaldo all over the place hitting!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Vincent Lacavalier
**Brayden Schenn
***Mark Streit

Pretty much the same as last time, seems like those have been the only Flyers to show up the 1st 2 games.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep but Rinaldo was good he did his job and didn’t do anything stupid. I'd put him on 3rd line move Talbot down to wake him up! Habs were skating for their lives.....

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Couturier - i thought he was the best flyer all night.. used his body well, had pretty good vision offensively and made a few nice plays defensively as well

**B Schenn - i also thought he had some jump in his game as well.. if these two had someone other than rinaldo on their line, they may have been a force, but rinaldo was pretty useless

honorable mention: mason, would've gotten the 3rd star but the first goal was pretty weak so no 'star' status.. but aside from that he looked real solid i thought

goats.. everyone in the defensive zone.. from up high at pnc arena (maybe 3 rows behind us), they looked completely lost.. they frequently had 3 guys collapse on the puck leaving 2 people wide open.. or, when they did win the puck, they were all right next to eachother so there was no where to go.. they only thing they could do all night was chip it out to center ice and they had almost no possession because of that

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stars of the game
1-Matt Read best player on the ice for us
2-Mason if it wasnt for him it wouldve been a blow out
3-nobody
Honorable mention; Rinaldo was one of the few players doing anything out there. Couts skated well and made a few plays Luke Schenn for scoring a nice goal

No Stars:
1- Gee for being terrible when everyone is counting on him
2- Luke Schenn for giving up the puck like he was passing for an assists
3- Every other defenseman
4-Lavi just because we really need a change

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3