• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers 3 Stars 2013-14

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason was phenomenal
Rinaldo killed many
Berube with the win

Thomas sucked
Giroux is trying too hard

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to give it to Mason he saved their arse tonight.
B. Schenn is turning the corner which is nice to see.
Tie between PK, Couts, Rinaldo and Streit.

The rest are playing like a bunch of brain dead fucks. The give aways are ridiculous and killing them and most happen when they try to force the puck. They can't get it out of their own zone because they seemed to forget how to pass a puck the only thing working is to flip it out and let the other team come right back at them. The Panthers looked twice as fast out there which says something....Berube has a lot of work in front of him.

Saying all of this a wins a win and hopefully they can loosen up and build some confidence. They need to figure out their PP way too much talent to not be scoring some goals after all they added Lecav and Streit!!!!!

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars:

Mason was #1, no question
Rinaldo was also good.
Schenn scored a goal, that's nice.

Goats:
Rosehill
Mezaros
Rosehill again (wtf, dude)

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved what I saw in Mason. Knock on wood... Just a couple of days ago in another thread I stated that how I wish we had a goaltender that could steal one for us, it finally happened. Mason has it in him to bring his game to another level IMO, it's possible that his mental state just has to remain in focus. Maybe the goalie coach can praise him or whatever? His talent is there boys.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars
1-Mason for just stealing that game
2- B Schenn another goal
3-Rinaldo is a crusher
Honorable mention Berube, Talbot Coots, Read and Mezz
Goats
1-Rosehill you ass face
2-Gee ,Harnell, Simmonds line you better wake up.
3- Tim Thomas thanks for sucking

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add one more star to the coaching staff for fixing the defensive pairings. They went back to what worked in the past. Timonen with Schenn is the key the kid still needs guidance. Coburn and Grossmann work well together too and can do some heavy lifting against big lines. Street and Mez can get the job done too just as long as Mez gets back into game mode.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add one more star to the coaching staff for fixing the defensive pairings. They went back to what worked in the past. Timonen with Schenn is the key the kid still needs guidance. Coburn and Grossmann work well together too and can do some heavy lifting against big lines. Street and Mez can get the job done too just as long as Mez gets back into game mode.

:agree::agree:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is all true. It's about as balanced as you can possibly make the pairings. And despite our lack of success last season, Timonen and Schenn were still solid together for us. Once everyone gets it in gear, I think you can put any of those pairings out against any opposing line and be confident.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's how I feel...I also meant Streit stupid spellchecker on my phone haha!

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brayden Schenn and Couturier looked great.

Mason was alright.

Giroux and Simmonds are frustrating to watch, and I don't quite understand the 4th line fetish.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schenn was very good tonight for the most part the D was ok as well as Mason but the rest should be sent to the AHL. I won't waste my time listing all of the players that were garbage but it amazes me that a guy like G or Jake can't make a pass more than 10 feet away and its sooooo bad that they ice the puck. I'm no pro but I can make that pass 99% of the time. Blows my mind not sure why I watch these millionaires shove this shit down my throat. Be surprised if they don't get blown out tomorrow night....

First thing I do is assess the injuries and call up anyone on the Phantoms that has a pulse. I bench at least 3 starters. Rosehill should be gone he can't even shoot, I was happy to see Rinaldo progress but then he throws it all away with stupidity send him down, Hall can at least take face offs but he looks like a turtle out there, Read forgot how to shoot, Talbot has lost his hockey sense but you can't send everyone down or to the presser so I don't know. Rant over...for now.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars:

1. Mason - .935 save percentage, same as it's been all year
2. Talbot - scored a goal, yay.
3. Hall - showed some real spark

Goats:

1. Rinaldo - yeah, he got an assist on the goal, but three dumb penalties. You are here to draw penalties and fire the team up, not take them and kill off our energy. Also please don't crosscheck people into OUR goalie, kthx.
2. Rosehill - only reason he didn't take a penalty was 'cuz somebody on our side got to him first.
3. Nobody else really stood out to me as worse than the others.

We did a great job taking shots, but not a good one of getting to rebounds. Our power play setup isn't working, the entry in particular, but the setup isn't very good either. We have to watch the counterattack, and for the love of god get the puck out of the damn zone.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brayden Schenn and Couturier looked great.

Mason was alright.

Giroux and Simmonds are frustrating to watch, and I don't quite understand the 4th line fetish.

Yep. This. I thought lecav played pretty well too.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+Raffl
+Getting more than one goal
+No injuries

-Losing
-Emery's first goal

Overall this was our best game to date.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+Raffl
+No injuries

-Losing
-Emery's first goal

Did schenn come back after colliding with Simmonds? I was worried about him

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+Raffl
+No injuries

-Losing
-Emery's first goal

Agreed definitely their best game but only seem to score on breaks which are few and far between. Unbelievably bad luck tonight which seems to be the norm. I would honestly not have a clue as to what to say to this team. Keep trying even though every bad bounce will end up in your net but you can only score if you get a lucky bounce because nothing else will go in???

One thing that has to change is the penalties still completely out of control. Keep benching guys who lose control that's all that you can do.

At least G got on the board and McGinn looked good on his line. Lots of hustle.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason was amazing.

Simmonds was a bad, and Coburn was horrible.

My body is ready, tank mode is nearly engaged

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason was amazing.

Simmonds was a bad, and Coburn was horrible.

My body is ready, tank mode is nearly engaged

I'm at the point where I want to trade guys like Talbot and a few others and load up for the upcoming draft and prospects. Maybe it's time for Hextall to take over? I don't know. If these guys aren't sparking under Berube, then I don't know what will at this point? At what point do you decide on what direction you are going?