• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers 3 Stars 2013-14

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we have a top 5 pick this year I think we go into a mini rebuild. Trade Kimmo, Coburn, and maybe a vet like Hartnell. Ride Mason until Stolarz is ready, and by then Morin, Hagg, Ghost, Laughton, and this year's pick will be ready.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS FUCKING TEAM SUCKS

I thought you would give me another answer. We all know that this team sucks, but why? The talent is there. Is there more behind the scenes that we don't know? :noidea:

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you would give me another answer. We all know that this team sucks, but why? The talent is there. Is there more behind the scenes that we don't know? :noidea:

They are running around like idiots
Coots hasnt progressed like an 8th pick should.
Simmonds is out of control

Giroux is being exposed with this teams lack of depth

Trading JVR,buying out Briere and the lack of development are the reasons this team fucking sucks

Do they have talent? Absolutley. They have no fucking heart or desire

To many fucking stiffs as well. The whole 4th line is a waste of Nhl roster spots
3rd line Ive explained Coots, Talbot isnt a fucking 3rd line player and Matt Read looks lost.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the same time they are missing Harts and Vinny even though Harts was struggling. With McGinn looking good on the first line you leave him there and they'll be fine. Vinny comes back to play with Schenn and Simmonds they looked good before so you have two lines. Harts comes back and you play him with Couts and Read hopefully that combo can be better. Move Talbot down where he belongs and he instantly makes the 4th better with Hall and Rinaldo. Sit Rosehill as yes he can fight but he can't keep up he should be gonzo. With those moves you should score more.

On D just adding Gusty has helped back there I'd leave it as is and if you need to bring someone up call Laurd in at least he's hungry. They are at least keeping the goals out and the offense should come when they get some bodies back. Yes I'm an optimist...haha! All else fails make a trade....

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought voracek played his best game to date. He looked real fast. McGinn was a stud tonight. Flying around, scoring twice obviously. And I thought BSchenn looked dangerous again.

Coburn was awful.
Simmonds is only a small step above Rinaldo at this point. His hands are atrocious.
Giroux was pretty invisible again and his weak ass defending on the nucks second goal was costly

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought voracek played his best game to date. He looked real fast. McGinn was a stud tonight. Flying around, scoring twice obviously. And I thought BSchenn looked dangerous again.

Coburn was awful.
Simmonds is only a small step above Rinaldo at this point. His hands are atrocious.
Giroux was pretty invisible again and his weak ass defending on the nucks second goal was costly

This is all on the money just want to add Grossman to the list of player who played well.
WTF happened to Simmer

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all on the money just want to add Grossman to the list of player who played well.
WTF happened to Simmer

Do you mean the same old Grossman who allowed Sedin to have his way w him and embarrassed Grossman w the go ahead goal. Grossman was terrible bro. It was frustrating watching him skate and trying to keep up. He took a solid hit to the back last night. I think he's playing hurt? What else is new.:gaah:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you mean the same old Grossman who allowed Sedin to have his way w him and embarrassed Grossman w the go ahead goal. Grossman was terrible bro. It was frustrating watching him skate and trying to keep up. He took a solid hit to the back last night. I think he's playing hurt? What else is new.:gaah:

Actually, that was the game tying goal and at least Grossmann wasn't one of the two players (Coburn and Giroux) who were standing in front of the net guarding nobody while Higgins stood alone to score an easy one off the pass from Sedin. Besides, Henrik Sedin embarrasses a lot of people. He's one of the best passers/playmakers in the game.

Grossmann was in the process of checking Kesler on the game winning goal when the puck luckily deflected right to his stick off the shot by Higgins and he got yet another lucky one.

Last edited by a moderator:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean the Grossman that had
1 assist
3 SOG
3 blocked shots
4 hits

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought grossmann in general played pretty solid last night.. on kesler's game winner he probably should've done a better job, but at least he hit him and made kesler work for it a little.. not perfect defending, but no atrocious either.. lucky bounce and a pretty solid play by kesler to fight through the check.. the 'defending' from talbot there was my biggest issue.. and by 'defending' i of course mean drifting lazily through the defensive zone while your goalie is fighting for his life

the game-tying goal he probably should've just stayed with higgins rather than leaving higgins to pressure sedin.. sedin's not gunna do much from there.. but at the same time, with 2 guys standing 2 feet away double teaming the ghost of christmas past on the far post, i dont blame him for assuming one of them would rotate over

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in all, I think we played a solid defensive game aside from the blown coverage on the second goal against, which left Grossmann having to essentially defend H. Sedin and Higgins while Coburn and Giroux watched.

Ryan Kesler must've been wearing his lucky boxers last night, because those are two of the easiest, luckiest fucking goals he'll ever score.

I know it's still a loss, but to me, this team deserved a better fate and continues to improve, we're just not yet seeing the dividends.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raffl is good

Coburn is awful

Mason is god

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.Simmer
2.Raffl
3.Talbot

100.Coburn
101.Hall
100000000000000000000 Rosehill

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For every minute of play our 4th line gets, a puppy dies.

Think about the puppies

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For every minute of play our 4th line gets, a puppy dies.

Think about the puppies

Yep no doubt but remember Harts and Vinny will be back maybe next game since they don't play for a week. Just as long as they don't send McGinn and Raffl down they can vastly improve that 4th line.

Mason fantastic again but he must be thinking I left Columbus for this?

Coburn was actually having a pretty good game until the end. All he had to do was rim it around the boards and its out....its the little things killing this team. Gusty was probably the worst dman he was standing around watching too much and he's being beaten up physically tonight. Didn't like seeing that.

Raffl had some zip but started slow. Him and McGinn need to stay up for a bit.

Couts had a strong defensive game probably could have had a point or two but this teams receiving no breaks.

G still having problems in his own zone not sure what's the problem as he's never been this bad. Offensively getting better each game.

Rest of the guys still holding the sticks too tight...maybe a small trade is necessary. Would love for them to steal Vanek though.....

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the Flyers making a move trading a D-man for a depth forward.

When Vinny and Hartnell get back I see Rosehill and Hall gone

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the Flyers making a move trading a D-man for a depth forward.

When Vinny and Hartnell get back I see Rosehill and Hall gone

I'd be cool with that as it would allow them to bring Laurd up I think he's ready big enough to handle things physically too. Rosehills a fossil....I'd much rather have Sestito at least he can skate but they lost him last year. need to find an enforcer like that as he can play a regular shift on the 4th line and not hurt you. Hall can stay but should be in the presser for the most part unless injuries happen....he's too slow.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think G's hand issues aren't completely resolved yet?? Lingering effect?? Something isn't right.