• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Final Warm-up Seahawks @ Cowboys

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what i don't understand....................

Why?

Why are going after him and Ruining our chances at getting Young or Stroud, Getting our QB of the future, and then try again next year?

I don't give a shit about this year. Look at our division.................

We arent gonna win it with Jimmy at QB. So why are we even trying, thus ruining our chances at getting the 2 studs at the top of the board?
Garopollo isn't going to change our future draft position much. Not on this current team at least. But I think he'd be more fun to watch than either Lock or Smith. And that's all I want this year. I just want to watch some fun games and not expect to win anything. I think Garopollo could be the QB for that.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garopollo isn't going to change our future draft position much. Not on this current team at least. But I think he'd be more fun to watch than either Lock or Smith. And that's all I want this year. I just want to watch some fun games and not expect to win anything. I think Garopollo could be the QB for that.

With the qb class. I want to be in the top 2

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t argue with that, could pan out.. My worry is Pete being held accountable by Jody, is she an owner that’s gonna hold Pete’s feet to the fire if things go south ?
When his contract runs out, he is done regardless. the only question is if schneider is allowed to hang around or not.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is Lock has been making those same throws for 4-years now in the NFL. If he was going to improve and show they can be fixed wouldn't he be doing this less and less? Believe me I've been saying the same thing for 3-years in the hopes the lightbulb would come on. Lock can't read defenses. It is why if his first read is covered he struggles.

It doesn't matter, the sham of a quarterback competition has saddled us with Geno Smith. He'll be in the conversation for worst QBs in Seahawk history, with Stan Gelbaugh and Clipboard Jesus. I would've much rather watched Lock throw 20 picks with the occasional amazing throw, than watch Smith struggle to make throws a high schooler should make effortlessly.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter, the sham of a quarterback competition has saddled us with Geno Smith. He'll be in the conversation for worst QBs in Seahawk history, with Stan Gelbaugh and Clipboard Jesus. I would've much rather watched Lock throw 20 picks with the occasional amazing throw, than watch Smith struggle to make throws a high schooler should make effortlessly.

I would agree. With where the Seahawks are at what could it hurt?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be watching college ball again to watch the QBs, been a long while since I've done that, but the time as arrived once again. I hear this is a decent QB class which helps. This season us fans are going to have to take our lumps.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be watching college ball again to watch the QBs, been a long while since I've done that, but the time as arrived once again. I hear this is a decent QB class which helps. This season us fans are going to have to take our lumps.

We don't have much of a choice. It'll be interesting to go into the draft season with some actual capital. If this team really is bad enough to get the #1 pick, I hope it's just QB play that put us there so the top pick will mean something - otherwise I'm happy with a trade down and stack the draft for the next 3-4 years.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When his contract runs out, he is done regardless. the only question is if schneider is allowed to hang around or not.

You mean in the sense he might just retire ? He’s getting up there now, but still seems to have passion for the game … I doubt Jody cans him, unless things get really bad.. But Pete leading Seattle to back to back Super Bowls is giving him some job security even though things haven’t been nearly as successful lately …

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is Lock has been making those same throws for 4-years now in the NFL. If he was going to improve and show they can be fixed wouldn't he be doing this less and less? Believe me I've been saying the same thing for 3-years in the hopes the lightbulb would come on. Lock can't read defenses. It is why if his first read is covered he struggles.

Some guys just have a harder time going through progressions, they can have the arm, all the physical tools, but they don’t have the mind to quickly make decisions and go through progressions .. When you see Tom Brady who can’t run, doesn’t have a great arm, isn’t a great athlete, but he can go through progressions with ease and almost always finds someone open! Just goes to show you how the QB position is such a mental thing …

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean in the sense he might just retire ? He’s getting up there now, but still seems to have passion for the game … I doubt Jody cans him, unless things get really bad.. But Pete leading Seattle to back to back Super Bowls is giving him some job security even though things haven’t been nearly as successful lately …
Ya I think he retires when his contract is up regardless of what happens.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woolen is going to be special. Quickness AND speed, look how quick he adjust on this coverage. CB are like counter punchers and he has one hell of a quick counter for a 6 foot 4 CB.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woolen is going to be special. Quickness AND speed, look how quick he adjust on this coverage. CB are like counter punchers and he has one hell of a quick counter for a 6 foot 4 CB.

Wow, that was great coverage

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks like SF was hell bent on not releasing Jimmy G, clearly they were worried Seattle would nab him for cheap … Evidently they restructured his contract and he’s staying with the 49rs … I’m surprised he’s gonna potentially accept a backup roll like that because he’s clearly a starter level player … Unless the Niners are restructuring to then trade him and get something, not sure exactly how that works but it could be a strategy they’re using …

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks like SF was hell bent on not releasing Jimmy G, clearly they were worried Seattle would nab him for cheap … Evidently they restructured his contract and he’s staying with the 49rs … I’m surprised he’s gonna potentially accept a backup roll like that because he’s clearly a starter level player … Unless the Niners are restructuring to then trade him and get something, not sure exactly how that works but it could be a strategy they’re using …
Asking price could have been too high so teams figured they wait to release him. Didn't happen and I'm fine the FO didn't do anything stupid to get him.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that was great coverage
His quickness and change of direction on that inside move by the WR was outstanding. He BEAT the WR to the spot even though he "reacted" after the WR made his move LMAO!

Elite quickness to go along with 4.26 speed, a 6 foot 4 frame and a 42 inch vert! I still have zero clue how someone with these tools fell to Seattle but I was SCREAMING for them to draft him and they took Coby. I was mad LMAO yeah mad they took Coby over Woolen lol but it worked out.

In my eyes getting Woolen in the 5th round was bigger than Picking DK at the end of the 2nd. Not saying he is better just saying I thought woolen had early 3rd round talent who just was a little raw. I thought DK was mid-late first early 2nd talent.

Last edited: