• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Final Warm-up Seahawks @ Cowboys

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter who we play, or who's on the field for us - not gonna be a lot of wins with 4 turnovers in a game

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make that 5 turnovers

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know if Vinny Testavedre would be willing to come out of retirement?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we still get Mayfield? lmao Just kidding.... maybe :(

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen Eason play before, but I will say that ball seemed to just effortlessly fly on the run 40 yards.

He played a lot last game the whole 2nd half. Yeah he has a cannon for a arm. He also missed high a lot, like i mean a lot.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played a lot last game the whole 2nd half. Yeah he has a cannon for a arm. He also missed high a lot, like i mean a lot.

Unfortunately, due to life I’ve only gotten to listen to about a quarter of the first 2 games on the radio. The throw had no touch, but it sure traveled with little effort

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, due to life I’ve only gotten to listen to about a quarter of the first 2 games on the radio. The throw had no touch, but it sure traveled with little effort

Oh yeah i bet he could chuck it 80 yards but it wont be on target. Has a huge arm. Doesn't even look like it's thrown that hard but it just takes off. They also brought up the fact that he has the fastest release on the team. To be honest Eason is SO RAW he just needs more playing time. He should have stayed in college one more year if he could have. He just is so raw and then he is always stuck as the #2 for part of his rookie season and #3 since. He just never gets reps.

I hope they carry 3 QB's again and keep Eason on the squad. I feel all he needs is time, he might be 26+ before he gets it if you get what i mean. Hasselbeck was 27 years old when he finally locked down the starting job for good. ( 2002 )

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just watching Mayfield go through his whole progression makes me sick. Geno and Drew can't get off their first read. FOUR reads he made on that play. Still i know what Mayfield would bring us. Good enough to compete but never good enough to do anything accept always picking in the late teens and 20's ( 18-26 range )

Last edited:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock should start, I don’t see a scenario where Geno leads this team anywhere … It’s gonna be a long year if Pete rolls with Geno …

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock should start, I don’t see a scenario where Geno leads this team anywhere … It’s gonna be a long year if Pete rolls with Geno …

Geno was announced as the starter right after the game but lets see if he can hold onto it. I myself just hate how he plays, as he always looks so uninterested in whats going on. It's like he just doesn't care enough or wants to play. Geno in his career has more turnovers per play than Lock does and it's by a bigger margin than you would think. We saw it last year when he played and it will bite him sooner then later and Pete wont stand for it. We saw it against the Rams when the Hawks had a chance to win AND the Steelers, Both those are on Geno for losing the ball.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.

Either the refs are fucking retards or the NFL has just become a complete pussy haven.

Some of these flags for "hitting too hard" are gay as fuck.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some don’t want to hear this, and I understand, BUT if the Niners cut Garop Seattle is scooping him up, it’s almost a guarantee… If the 49rs should find a trading partner things will change, but there is no way the 49rs are paying his salary and they’re playing chicken knowing if they cut him Seattle nabs him and they don’t want that … I know some in here don’t like him but the 49rs worrying about him playing in Seattle for a cheap price scares them … He’s not elite, but he’s got tons of experience, playoffs, etc … Seattle should jump on that if he’s cut, 49rs are trying like hell to avoid that …

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some don’t want to hear this, and I understand, BUT if the Niners cut Garop Seattle is scooping him up, it’s almost a guarantee… If the 49rs should find a trading partner things will change, but there is no way the 49rs are paying his salary and they’re playing chicken knowing if they cut him Seattle nabs him and they don’t want that … I know some in here don’t like him but the 49rs worrying about him playing in Seattle for a cheap price scares them … He’s not elite, but he’s got tons of experience, playoffs, etc … Seattle should jump on that if he’s cut, 49rs are trying like hell to avoid that …

This is what i don't understand....................

Why?

Why are going after him and Ruining our chances at getting Young or Stroud, Getting our QB of the future, and then try again next year?

I don't give a shit about this year. Look at our division.................

We arent gonna win it with Jimmy at QB. So why are we even trying, thus ruining our chances at getting the 2 studs at the top of the board?

Reactions: MrS

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what i don't understand....................

Why?

Why are going after him and Ruining our chances at getting Young or Stroud, Getting our QB of the future, and then try again next year?

I don't give a shit about this year. Look at our division.................

We arent gonna win it with Jimmy at QB. So why are we even trying, thus ruining our chances at getting the 2 studs at the top of the board?

That’s the one thing to be considered, do we want to just throw this year and get a good young QB in next years draft, I get that for sure… But then again, young QB’s sometimes don’t pan out, so there is always that to consider … I get what you’re saying though 100 percent…

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s the one thing to be considered, do we want to just throw this year and get a good young QB in next years draft, I get that for sure… But then again, young QB’s sometimes don’t pan out, so there is always that to consider … I get what you’re saying though 100 percent…

True. it's like a crapshoot sometimes.

But IMO it's worth taking because lets look at the division 5 years from now, when the QB will be ready.

LA: Stafford will probably have retired, Donald too, Ramsey will be washed up. They'll be a shell of their old selves with no talent because of the loss of picks

ARi: Hopkins Gone, Watt Same, Conner See ya, Murray and cards are to have a messy divorce. Competing but 6-10 or 7-9

SF: They will be the only ones really left. IF Lance pans out.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In closing. I work for a chain of Western Canadian grocery stores and just got transferred to a new store that opened almost 2 months ago. At a work dinner last week, I was sitting at a table with a few workers that I knew from the old store I worked at, closed to rebuilding the whole mall,and i girl we all know who took a Corporate job.

We are talking about how bad the start has been, many reasons why. All of the sudden Bree, the girl from coporate, pipes up and says "It's a long term gain"

That is where my mind is.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesnt matter, this front office has 3 years and they are done either way. Its superbowl or bust, so might as well get a shot at a potential superstar and see what happens.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In closing. I work for a chain of Western Canadian grocery stores and just got transferred to a new store that opened almost 2 months ago. At a work dinner last week, I was sitting at a table with a few workers that I knew from the old store I worked at, closed to rebuilding the whole mall,and i girl we all know who took a Corporate job.

We are talking about how bad the start has been, many reasons why. All of the sudden Bree, the girl from coporate, pipes up and says "It's a long term gain"

That is where my mind is.

Hehe.. Yeah sometimes it pays off to be patient, build things up down the road .. I guess my feeling with QB’s is the crapshoot of it, Rick Mirer left me gun shy, he was the no miss next potential Joe Montana, as Bill Walsh said… ouch ! That’s why sometimes it can pay off to build the team up, put a veteran guy in there at QB and get good young players all over the place …

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesnt matter, this front office has 3 years and they are done either way. Its superbowl or bust, so might as well get a shot at a potential superstar and see what happens.

I can’t argue with that, could pan out.. My worry is Pete being held accountable by Jody, is she an owner that’s gonna hold Pete’s feet to the fire if things go south ?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how Lock coulda been this preseason if Pete would have shown even the slightest confidence that he would do anything. He's definitely had the better plays today, he's just had the worst negative ones as well. Honestly, the two picks are things that could be fixed with more reps and coaching, but it's been a theme this preseason - Geno is the starter, Drew is the backup, and Pete has never indicated that he even wanted to see it different.

The problem is Lock has been making those same throws for 4-years now in the NFL. If he was going to improve and show they can be fixed wouldn't he be doing this less and less? Believe me I've been saying the same thing for 3-years in the hopes the lightbulb would come on. Lock can't read defenses. It is why if his first read is covered he struggles.