• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do You Cucks Admit Howie Needs to Be Fired Yet

Is Howie a Waste

• Yes

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give it a C. I like that they drafted some speedy wideouts, and I like K'Von Wallace and Prince Tega Wanogho selections. Not crazy about the linebackers but they do have speed so we shall see if they can develop some.

I hate the Hurts selection, but I know we need depth at QB due to Wentz's obvious injury history. I just wish they would have taken Mims there and addressed backup Qb later. But clearly they must see Hurts as a potential starting NFL QB, even if they don't intend to have him start over Wentz.
overall they ended up with some people with pretty good physical traits that need a lot of seasoning. downside there for development is not known how much offseason programs there will be. i know all 32 teams will be going through it, but there's a reason they were able to get people with decent tools where they did

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people think the Eagles might convert Driscoll into a center. That would be interesting.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of where and when they decided to pick the QB how about the evaluation? This dude played with 4 NFL WRs and an NFL TE at Alabama and he couldn’t make the passing game go? He’s a one step in the progression and then take off guy. He’s not an athletic QB. He’s an athlete trying to play QB. He couldn’t read a Golden Book. Balls down the field look like arm punts. If Wentz goes down and this guy is the back up it’s season over.

Also, philosophically, what the fuck is the point of employing a back up QB with an entirely different skill set from your starter? If Wentz goes down you have to install an entirely new approach and attack.

This pick makes zero sense.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people think the Eagles might convert Driscoll into a center. That would be interesting.
i can see them cross train him, as they do for a lot of the line, but figured if they didn't go for one specifically they might plan on just kicking isaac over.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since they didn't draft a guard or a center, I thought that Driscoll and the Prince might be moved inside.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give it a C. I like that they drafted some speedy wideouts, and I like K'Von Wallace and Prince Tega Wanogho selections. Not crazy about the linebackers but they do have speed so we shall see if they can develop some.

I hate the Hurts selection, but I know we need depth at QB due to Wentz's obvious injury history. I just wish they would have taken Mims there and addressed backup Qb later. But clearly they must see Hurts as a potential starting NFL QB, even if they don't intend to have him start over Wentz.

Not to say I understand their thought process or what their big board looked like but Hurts is a total different QB then Wentz and Douggie has shown he can change his playbook to who he has at QB (Foles) and That is my wait and see approach as to how this all plays out

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Sheil Kapadia of The Athletic asked Doug and Howie in a press conference last night, "What is the best case scenario for the Jalen Hurts pick?" and they stuttered and had no good answer. That is a great question and the fact that they had no answer tells you everything you need to know.

The best case scenario of course is that he supplants Wentz and becomes a star. But they were seemingly clueless about the fact that this might cause issues in the locker room, a locker room that apparently is already not great.

“Best case is that we develop him well and ship him for a draft pick in a few years “

Imagine how Hurts would feel with that one.

Just because a question sounds reasonable doesn’t mean that it needs to be answered. Especially on draft night.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a day of digesting it ... I can understand the Jalen Hurts pick. Look, Carson gets hurt often ... that's just a fact and backup QB's worth a damn are expensive if you can even find one in free agency. Hurts is a talented guy the Eagles can groom, can contribute early in certain packages and may give you a better shot to win games than most washed up backup types you will find on the market. Plus he's relatively cheap for 4 years. I've heard Tim Tebow a few times ... but this kid can actually throw the ball, something Tebow sucked at doing. Hurts can actually run as well ... a 4.59 is very solid for a QB and he rushed for nearly 1300 yards and 20 TD's in 2019; that's pretty amazing. Tebow did ok in that area, but his best season rushing was around 900 yards and his 40 time was in the 4.7's. Hurts imo is the better QB prospect by far.

imo the rest of the draft turned out well enough where this pick no longer bothers me .... we have loads of speed now on Offense and I really like the Defensive guys we added as well. Going to go watch some tape on the OL guys ... those will be the guys not talked about much, but may ultimately decide if this was or wasn't a good draft.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! I wish the NFL Network carried the Draft instead of combining it with ESPN, and ESPN controlling it. Kiper is a maniac, and very hyper. He drives me nuts. Jeremiah, Bucky Brooks, and Charles Davis are much better, along with Eisen.

I may be one of the few that doesn't mind Kiper, even if he's inaccurate a lot of times - this was the first time I've actually paid any attention to their host Trey Wingo, he is VERY annoying! No wonder ESPN has gone in the toilet. Louis Riddick is very good, and so was Booger MacFarland... Plus I have no idea why Michael Irvin continues to get face time on TV... can't stand that guy, he offers absolutely no intellectual insight whatsoever.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a day of digesting it ... I can understand the Jalen Hurts pick. Look, Carson gets hurt often ... that's just a fact and backup QB's worth a damn are expensive if you can even find one in free agency. Hurts is a talented guy the Eagles can groom, can contribute early in certain packages and may give you a better shot to win games than most washed up backup types you will find on the market. Plus he's relatively cheap for 4 years. I've heard Tim Tebow a few times ... but this kid can actually throw the ball, something Tebow sucked at doing. Hurts can actually run as well ... a 4.59 is very solid for a QB and he rushed for nearly 1300 yards and 20 TD's in 2019; that's pretty amazing. Tebow did ok in that area, but his best season rushing was around 900 yards and his 40 time was in the 4.7's. Hurts imo is the better QB prospect by far.

imo the rest of the draft turned out well enough where this pick no longer bothers me .... we have loads of speed now on Offense and I really like the Defensive guys we added as well. Going to go watch some tape on the OL guys ... those will be the guys not talked about much, but may ultimately decide if this was or wasn't a good draft.

You pretty much summed it up Rey but I will take it one step further - the Hurts pick to me is very complicated... Hurts is in the perfect situation that he can sit for 2, maybe even 3 seasons, learn his craft and get coached up. If Wentz continues to be an injury liability, and Hurts develops correctly, the Eagles will move on from Wentz, regardless of his ability. Not saying that should happen, but I can see it being an issue a couple of years from now.

The playoff loss to Seattle was IMO an eye opening experience for this franchise... Wentz gets hurt and they had no one else to turn to except a 40 year old QB who just didn't have the physical ability to bring his team back, and I don't think the Eagles want to get caught in that position again. Enter Hurts, who brings the new-age dual-threat style that was apparently too intriguing to pass up, and brings abilities to open up the playbook, regardless of if Wentz is available or not...

the Eagles IMO definitely needed to groom a young project QB behind Wentz, but they shocked everyone and took him in the 2nd. Poor value and the only explanation for me why they took Hurts so high was that they must have been spooked that another team was going to take him right after if they didn't get him at 53... if he was the pick at 103 I think more people would've been OK with it.

FWIW, from what I've seen on the two OL we took - Driscoll is a transfer from UMASS - a technician with G/T versatility, has also been taking snaps at Center so look for that as a possibility. Prince is the more athletic of the two with LT upside, would've been drafted higher but played through a knee injury this year that affected his play... both guys seem to project well with plenty of experience against top level competition in the SEC.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my thoughts:

Howie knows that good backup QBs are important but expensive. Hurts allows him to pay his backup QB a relatively cheap contract but get good production if he ever needs to play. This is probably the biggest factor since the team simply doesn’t have the money to pay a backup big dollars. Instead of using money, they use draft capital. A player of Hurts’ caliber would not have been there in the 3rd round or later.

On top of that, there is a possibility that Hurts develops and the Eagles are able to trade him for additional picks...or that he eventually leaves in free agency and helps out the comp pick formula.

That’s what I think went into it. I disagree with the strategy. I’d prefer to draft a QB later and hope they become a reliable, cheap backup by year 2...but that hasn’t really worked out for the team recently.

I am not a fan for where they drafted him, but I will say this about Hurts - people are drawn to this guy. Everyone raves about his work ethic and intangibles. He is a supreme competitor. If his physical talent gets coached up correctly, and Wentz cannot overcome his injury liability, it's possible the Eagles will move on from Wentz, not Hurts. Not saying that could be an issue next year, or even the year after. But at some point...

Or maybe this could be the move that pushes Wentz to take his game to another level now that he has someone like Hurts behind him. Wentz's injuries has been unusually freaky, and I truly hope he has overcome them. But at least Hurts gives them a very talented developmental insurance policy.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to just throw this out there. I admit I was not happy about taking Hurts at 53. However, Howie went into this draft having eight picks after the Slay trade and left this draft with ten players and including a trade to get a speedster Goodwin. If he hits on some of these picks, then he should get some props. It's a crap shoot with the draft. He addressed the issue of speed, which was a huge need.
FWIW, Daniel Jeremiah liked the Eagles draft a lot. Maybe not so much of the Hurts pick, but you never know, Hurts may be a key player for us down the road. Keep your chins up boys! Good days ahead!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! I wish the NFL Network carried the Draft instead of combining it with ESPN, and ESPN controlling it. Kiper is a maniac, and very hyper. He drives me nuts. Jeremiah, Bucky Brooks, and Charles Davis are much better, along with Eisen.

I hate it when he ejaculates all over the 243rd pick in the draft.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie got 4 wide receivers this weekend, which I am VERY happy about. If he needs to draft more of them next year because these 4 are incompetent, than Howie will need to be fired.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, Daniel Jeremiah liked the Eagles draft a lot. Maybe not so much of the Hurts pick, but you never know, Hurts may be a key player for us down the road. Keep your chins up boys! Good days ahead!

Here is why these talking heads don't like it even though the all had Hurts sitting around #45-50 on their big boards, its cause there has been so much written about Carson and the locker room and how he takes things personal, they think this will back fire in the Eagles face, ( which it could) or it simply plays out the next time Wentz goes down this team doesn't miss a beat. They have restocked the wide receivers, they have Oline depth, the dline was stacked to begin with. They have depth and a faster roster that isn't one of the oldest in the league

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is why these talking heads don't like it even though the all had Hurts sitting around #45-50 on their big boards, its cause there has been so much written about Carson and the locker room and how he takes things personal, they think this will back fire in the Eagles face, ( which it could) or it simply plays out the next time Wentz goes down this team doesn't miss a beat. They have restocked the wide receivers, they have Oline depth, the dline was stacked to begin with. They have depth and a faster roster that isn't one of the oldest in the league
In other words, on paper, there don't appear to be too many holes that still need to be filled.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words, on paper, there don't appear to be too many holes that still need to be filled.

I think running back needs depth Warren out of Cincinnati undrafted kid can be one of those diamond in the rough Eagles look for. But overall yeah the have the holes filled

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think running back needs depth Warren out of Cincinnati undrafted kid can be one of those diamond in the rough Eagles look for. But overall yeah the have the holes filled

Im not going to sleep on the Killins UDFA signing. I think he can absolutely bring depth. Not as much of the grinder I would like to have seen to match up with Sanders and Scott, but he does have speed and proved to be hard to tackle easily (mind you it was against AAC defenders).

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I debated this for a bit. It was one of my first thoughts....”what will this do to Carson to have another viable backup breathing down his neck?”

But you can’t run an organization that way. Thinking about it more.....Hurts is NOT a threat to Carson’s playing time if Carson is healthy. If anything the “footsteps” Carson might hear have to do with injury. Maybe that makes him listen to being more injury aware on the field and amend his game as such.

Maybe that ”all balls“ playing style is where his magic lies, and if he limits it his magic will wane. That’s about the only threat to Wentz I can see. In which case we have a viable backup.

It’s a big boy game. If Carson accepts that and keeps playing his game he is fine. If he is injured then we aren’t losing out by having a non threatening backup in place.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Howie was a shrewd GM after the Hurts deal, to wind up trading back and forth to accumulate many other picks, and also getting Marquise Lee in a trade of just swapping 6th round picks.