• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do You Cucks Admit Howie Needs to Be Fired Yet

Is Howie a Waste

• Yes

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it has been hard for some of you to admit, but is it time to admit that Howie Roseman cannot draft?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that 2nd round pick was... odd.

Reactions: ill

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he is blowing Lurie. We may never know. But he needs to be fired. It is OVER.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mel Kiper LOVES the pick... that tells you all you need to know.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mel Kiper LOVES the pick... that tells you all you need to know.

Exactly! I wish the NFL Network carried the Draft instead of combining it with ESPN, and ESPN controlling it. Kiper is a maniac, and very hyper. He drives me nuts. Jeremiah, Bucky Brooks, and Charles Davis are much better, along with Eisen.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it has been hard for some of you to admit, but is it time to admit that Howie Roseman cannot draft?

I voted NO because Howie does a great job with contracts, and the Cap. they hire these Directors: Douglas, and now Weidl, and never utilize them. Notice how well the Jets draft is going. Lurie is clueless, and Howie has snowed him.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you whiny bitches with your bleeding cunts enjoy the Super Bowl?

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are all Cucks for some reason? Maybe the pick turns out great, maybe it sucks and Mims is an AP for years to come. Fact is we have no idea what will happen. It was a completely surprising pick for everyone not named Howie. Maybe he knows something we don't?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obligatory,

"OP is a faggot."

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my thoughts:

Howie knows that good backup QBs are important but expensive. Hurts allows him to pay his backup QB a relatively cheap contract but get good production if he ever needs to play. This is probably the biggest factor since the team simply doesn’t have the money to pay a backup big dollars. Instead of using money, they use draft capital. A player of Hurts’ caliber would not have been there in the 3rd round or later.

On top of that, there is a possibility that Hurts develops and the Eagles are able to trade him for additional picks...or that he eventually leaves in free agency and helps out the comp pick formula.

That’s what I think went into it. I disagree with the strategy. I’d prefer to draft a QB later and hope they become a reliable, cheap backup by year 2...but that hasn’t really worked out for the team recently.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reagor imo is a perfect fit and a really good pick and I REALLY like the Davion Taylor 3rd round pick. I don't understand the 2nd round pick at all, but that being said I'm willing to give it a chance. Howie is phenomenal with the cap ... I don't want him going anywhere.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie is a Capologist, period! His drafting is and has been suspect. He has made some serious contract blunders including the biggest of all; Alshon. Let him work the Cap but keep him away from everything else.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie is a Capologist, period! His drafting is and has been suspect. He has made some serious contract blunders including the biggest of all; Alshon. Let him work the Cap but keep him away from everything else.
Amen!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn’t me but might as well be

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to post in here as an outsider, but I thought this was the politics board based on the title.

Carry on.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been trying to figure this QB pick out and after considerable thought I think Dougie had a lot to do with this pick. I also think that the organization has concerns over Wentz staying healthy. Whatever the case there are troubles in Eagleville.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reagor imo is a perfect fit and a really good pick and I REALLY like the Davion Taylor 3rd round pick. I don't understand the 2nd round pick at all, but that being said I'm willing to give it a chance. Howie is phenomenal with the cap ... I don't want him going anywhere.

That’s why I think the pick has a lot to do with managing the cap.

The Eagles have made it clear that they think the backup QB is an important position. A good veteran backup QB costs anywhere from $5-10 million, and some of them aren’t even that good.

Jalen Hurts will costs what...$1.5-2.0 million per year for 4 years? They’re saving $12-32 million over the next 4 years by drafting him, with the possibility that they’re able to swap him for picks at some point during that time frame.

I don’t like the pick but I think this is why they did it, particularly given Wentz’s injury history.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been trying to figure this QB pick out and after considerable thought I think Dougie had a lot to do with this pick. I also think that the organization has concerns over Wentz staying healthy. Whatever the case there are troubles in Eagleville.
Under Doug's leadership the Eagles have spent big on backup QBs every year. Lots of cap space, lots of draft capital. It's something he obviously believes in. Last year they spent little on it and look what happened.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the best way to get everyone off the Howie bandwagon is to call them cucks. Well done.

As for the pick, I’m as flabbergasted as the rest of you. Especially at first blush.

But, thinking about it, I think this speaks a lot to finally closing gaps in the roster that the free agent market and moderate money haven’t covered.

The Reagor pick was to finally get a solid option for the future at speed receiver. They tried to do it on the market for years and it hasn’t worked well.

Similarly, since letting Foles go they have signed McCown, a solid backup, as long as he doesn’t have to play much, drafted Thorson later (still early....but he bombed). You can draft another QB later and hope, but we’ve been hoping on a lot of things not panning out for years.

I think this also says a lot about the organizations faith in Wentz staying (and keeping himself) healthy. What if we had someone of Hurts talent to come in against Seattle last year?

It’s perplexing. But it’s also a talented player at a spot that, unfortunately, is important for us with Wentzs injury history.