• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defense 2016 Right Now

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, that's what I thought. So why would we want him to retire? From the team's perspective I'd like them to decide if the cap hit is worth his release, not having the cap hit forced on them with his retirement.
Because he is just not that effective anymore and we could use the roster spot?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hatcher is worthless. He cant rush the passer anymore and he cant stop the run. He is worth the cap hit if we release him. We will be getting a new dlineman in the draft either 1st or 2nd round. If Pot Roast leaves via FA we will be getting two new dlineman.

This problem would have been solved if we took the right player last year with the #5 overall pick. Ha! Ha!. You guys knew I was going to bring it up.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are going to pass up a dlineman in this draft just to keep hatcher for one more year? No way. The strength of this draft is the dline. We should get one @21.

You don't pass up a DL in the draft even if you keep him. One has no bearing on the other because you don't draft for need. It is foolish.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Secondary, ILB, o-line are more pressing needs imo. Can't fix everything in one year. If they are not going to make a run at Wilkerson, I'd rather them just ride out with Hatcher, see if Paea can give us something, and wait till next year.

Needs are overrated. Drafting for need means drafting inferior talent. You draft the best players and fill in needs with free agents.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so gk if the BPA is OLB @21 do you take him?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hatcher is worthless. He cant rush the passer anymore and he cant stop the run. He is worth the cap hit if we release him. We will be getting a new dlineman in the draft either 1st or 2nd round. If Pot Roast leaves via FA we will be getting two new dlineman.

This problem would have been solved if we took the right player last year with the #5 overall pick. Ha! Ha!. You guys knew I was going to bring it up.

If we had drafted your boy Leonard Williams, who had three sacks playing opposite the second best lineman in football in Wilkerson, who is to say we would have our QB? If we hadn't taken Scherff, we would be scrambling to find an NFL caliber guard.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOt at all gk. Drafting Williams would have solved our d line problem and b/c I new hatcher was worthless. We had a lot of oline injuries this year. We still could of plugged in Kojo(4th round pick) at RG. Our interior oline was still our weakness this year with the drafting of Scherff. So we were better for the future with the Williams pick.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he retires, the team could designate him a june 1st guy for accounting purposes and split up the cap hit. As i mentioned, I dont care about the money because long term we can figure it out. Hatcher is a locker room leader and a mentor to our younger guys. I think his value there is greater than his impact on the field. And him retiring would mean D-Line goes from a possible top need to THE top need for this team.

But we could do that if they chose to release him too. Bottom line is there is no cap advantage to Hatcher retiring. My point remains I'd like the team to decide if he's worth the price, if the player retires they have no choice but to take the hit. But I'm with you guys, another semi-worthless big money signing. I'm fine if they cut him.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOt at all gk. Drafting Williams would have solved our d line problem and b/c I new hatcher was worthless. We had a lot of oline injuries this year. We still could of plugged in Kojo(4th round pick) at RG. Our interior oline was still our weakness this year with the drafting of Scherff. So we were better for the future with the Williams pick.

Give it up already. Williams WAS NOT THE SECOND COMING OF JF CHRIST. For a top ten pick, he was an average lineman. And this was with him playing on what was one of the better Defenses in the league. Kojo could have been plugged in and as mentioned we would STILL be looking for line help. The worthless Hatcher had 2 sacks this year. The greatest guy we ever passed on had an earth shattering 3.

We CHOSE to take the better player and the better fit for our team at the time and going forward. In about a month or so there will be the NEXT great defensive lineman who is a cant miss sure thing. Just like there was Cameron Jordan, and a list of others before him.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it up already. Williams WAS NOT THE SECOND COMING OF JF CHRIST. For a top ten pick, he was an average lineman. And this was with him playing on what was one of the better Defenses in the league. Kojo could have been plugged in and as mentioned we would STILL be looking for line help. The worthless Hatcher had 2 sacks this year. The greatest guy we ever passed on had an earth shattering 3.

We CHOSE to take the better player and the better fit for our team at the time and going forward. In about a month or so there will be the NEXT great defensive lineman who is a cant miss sure thing. Just like there was Cameron Jordan, and a list of others before him.

By everything I read Williams actually had a very good year. In that type of defense it is not always reflected in stats. From what I can tell he was key in stopping the run. However - I also believe that the Redskins made the right move in drafting Scherff. The O line played very well, and I have no doubt that he will serve a key role in the Redskins success for many years.

Enough with the talk of getting by with 4th rounders at the non glamorous positions - that is Cerrato type thinking. In the end I believe that both the Redskins and the Jets made the rt move in the 1st round.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By everything I read Williams actually had a very good year. In that type of defense it is not always reflected in stats. From what I can tell he was key in stopping the run. However - I also believe that the Redskins made the right move in drafting Scherff. The O line played very well, and I have no doubt that he will serve a key role in the Redskins success for many years.

Enough with the talk of getting by with 4th rounders at the non glamorous positions - that is Cerrato type thinking. In the end I believe that both the Redskins and the Jets made the rt move in the 1st round.

I could care less what the Jets got though. We took the right player for US. Williams may turn out to be an uber stud. But the same guy ready to burn SMGM at the stake for taking Scherff over Williams is also the guy who swore up and down Amerson was a bum. Funny that he left here and the Raiders started playing him to his strengths, and he is damn near the best DB on their roster.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could care less what the Jets got though. We took the right player for US. Williams may turn out to be an uber stud. But the same guy ready to burn SMGM at the stake for taking Scherff over Williams is also the guy who swore up and down Amerson was a bum. Funny that he left here and the Raiders started playing him to his strengths, and he is damn near the best DB on their roster.

Like I said - I think both teams made the rt moves. People must have short memories when it comes to this team. Forget about worrying whether another team picked up some stud w/ later picks. Just focus on how well the Redskins pick does & his potential. Do I have to remind everyone about the laundry list of ex-Redskin players taken in the 1st round who ultimately failed? Or recently what was ultimately lost with the RG3 trade?

Just celebrate & be happy with any picks that contribute to this team, and Scherff certainly is part of that list. Enough with all of the "woulda, shoulda, couldas".

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You say we could have plugged in Kojo...we did plug in a number of guys instead of Williams. Plug is not the same thing as being good. We are better off with Scherff because we have to protect our QB that is about to be very rich.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are totally writing off Kojo as a plug in? Why cant a high 4th round pick be a good impact player?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gk, you never answered this question. so gk if the BPA is OLB @21 do you take him?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, Williams has huge upside. Its about drafting for the future. Why are you just comparing this years stats? My point is we could of gotten by with Kojo and other and still would have solved the dline problem. Drafting for the future is key when you are picking in the top 10.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, Williams has huge upside. Its about drafting for the future. Why are you just comparing this years stats? My point is we could of gotten by with Kojo and other and still would have solved the dline problem. Drafting for the future is key when you are picking in the top 10.

The pt is that they didn't draft Williams and Scherff was definitely a success. Are some folks here going to constantly second guess the FO & always worry about who was picked later in the draft? I could see doing that years ago, but now I think that we just roll with it & be happy with the success of the guys actually drafted by the Redskins.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think that you are missing one other key element. O lines operate as a unit & the addition of a quality player can improve the play of other lineman. I believe that having 2 quality lineman like Williams and Scherff improves the play of the others & that may not have been the case if other (lesser regarded) folks were in the lineup.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are totally writing off Kojo as a plug in? Why cant a high 4th round pick be a good impact player?

Who is writing anybody off? Why can't Kearse be the plug in on the DL? The fact is we are about to place a huge investment in KC...gotta protect him.