• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here's why I'm against firing Rivera or anyone else right now.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe we swapped Kyle for Mayhew.
I think Ron wanted a yes man.
My guess is Kyle acted like the GM ànd wanted to be promoted to GM in 2020. Rivera said he and Kyle would handle the draft and free agency together. It didn't go well clearly. I trust Kyle, not rivera.
Rivera wanted total power like a dictator so he ran off Kyle and hired a circus to do his bidding.
Hurney is worthless and mayhew is a joke.
This front office is amoung the worst in the league. It is the blind leading the blind. Rivera literally took the job with no front office experience and we were supposed to accept that?
This is nothing short of a train wreck that I am sick of watching. Good for Kyle for getting out of this crap. It is literally a circus act.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Kyle acted like the GM ànd wanted to be promoted to GM in 2020. Rivera said he and Kyle would handle the draft and free agency together. It didn't go well clearly. I trust Kyle, not rivera.
Rivera wanted total power like a dictator so he ran off Kyle and hired a circus to do his bidding.
This front office is amoung the worst in the league. It is the blind leading the blind. Rivera literally took the job with no front office experience and we were supposed to accept that?
This is nothing short of a train wreck that I am sick of watching. Good for Kyle for getting out of this crap. It is literally a circus act.
I can't kill Ron completely. The trade down with the Saints was a steal. Last year's draft and FA isnt looking good. Part of me feels he was under pressure from Dan to can Kyle. That's just speculation on my part though.

Its not that im really down on Ron. Everyone hits amd misses. Its just that im really high on Kyle. Not sure who gets the credit but most or all of the ballers on this team were drafted when Kyle was here. Especially the late round steals.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't kill Ron completely. The trade down with the Saints was a steal. Last year's draft and FA isnt looking good. Part of me feels he was under pressure from Dan to can Kyle. That's just speculation on my part though.

Its not that im really down on Ron. Everyone hits amd misses. Its just that im really high on Kyle. Not sure who gets the credit but most or all of the ballers on this team were drafted when Kyle was here. Especially the late round steals.
Some of the gruden era picks are the backbone of the team: TMac, Sweats, Allen, and Payne. Not sure what role Kyle had in any of those. Maybe he picked all of them and got Bruce on board? We all know about the Haskins pick and Dan.

The 2023 doesn't look good at this point. We clearly can't pass full judgement until year 3 or so.
Somebody said that the Commanders are getting less production from their 2023 draft class than any other team in the nfl. Not sure how that is measured obviously as it's an opinion. Forbes is the only one playing meaningful minutes.

The trade down with the Saints might be his best move since coming here. The Williams trade and trade for Wentz are his worst trades IMO.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle would make a fine GM here under new ownership. His choice of picking a new coach would be interesting. Steve Wilks looking good as 49'ers DC. Quinn looking good as Cowboys DC. EB of course would be under consideration. When you start talking about it, the future looks bright.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle would make a fine GM here under new ownership. His choice of picking a new coach would be interesting. Steve Wilks looking good as 49'ers DC. Quinn looking good as Cowboys DC. EB of course would be under consideration. When you start talking about it, the future looks bright.
Don't forget about Ben Johnson.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey! At least they’re the most diverse, and I believe that’s where the problem lies. Instead of hiring the best qualified no matter the race. They just hired the race including coaching

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if harris has any sense he,ll fire them all as soon as the season ends,he,ll probably keep bienemy cause he,s still under his two year deal.but everybody else should be gone.
I thought Bieniemy signed for a year maybe I’m mistaken though

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget about Ben Johnson.
He might be the hottest name on the market. What he is doing is crazy IMO. Goff looks like an All Pro.

If Harris called me right now and asked me who the new GM should hire, I would say Johnson at this point.

Johnson and Vic Fangio = SuperBowl champs!!!!!!!

LOL

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be the hottest name on the market. What he is doing is crazy IMO. Goff looks like an All Pro.

If Harris called me right now and asked me who the new GM should hire, I would say Johnson at this point.

Johnson and Vic Fangio = SuperBowl champs!!!!!!!

LOL
Ben Johnson has been a hot name for a couple of years now. One of the Skins channels I follow stated in his offense the QB is generally under center. Howell being short seems like he's better suited to be a shotgun QB.

Everything is still up in the air. What's the narrative if they win the next two? Im trying not to be so reactive. The NFL is a week to week league.

One thing for sure, I never want to feel the way I felt when I took my son to see that Skins massacre in Dallas and I never want to feel the way I felt Thursday.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Johnson has been a hot name for a couple of years now. One of the Skins channels I follow stated in his offense the QB is generally under center. Howell being short seems like he's better suited to be a shotgun QB.

Everything is still up in the air. What's the narrative if they win the next two? Im trying not to be so reactive. The NFL is a week to week league.

One thing for sure, I never want to feel the way I felt when I took my son to see that Skins massacre in Dallas and I never want to feel the way I felt Thursday.
We probably disagree here and I respect your opinion. It is a week to week league...that is for sure.

If the Skins win the next 2, which they should, that doesn't change anything for me or the organization at all IMO.

Why, because we know what we have with Rivera: the data is all there.

Good teams don't get blown out by 20 at home to the worst team in the league. Upsets happen, but that is 2 blow outs in 5 games. One by an elite team, one by the worst team. We have played 3 very bad teams and are 2-3.

We just talked about the poor structure of the front office and how it is made up of individuals with poor track records. I would like to see that come to an end.

We are in year 4 of Rivera with total control and we are about 1/3 of the season done: the offense is 19th and the defense is 31st.
Our QB is on pace to break the all-time sack record.

I hope things still aren't up in the air and I hope the decision is already made to move on from Rivera either at the bye OR most likely, end of the season. Again, Rivera has not had a winning season in 5 years.

I know I disagree with Dean on this, but it is time to move on. If Harris would have taken possession at the end of last year, I am willing to bet Rivera would have been gone. As stated, the coach-centric model isn't working here and generally does NOT work.

For the record, I am not trying to make anyone feel guilty for supporting Rivera or cheering on the team. If someone believes Rivera is the guy and needs to be extended, you do you. For me, I was the against the hire the day it was made, and it has been a terrible 3 years.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We probably disagree here and I respect your opinion. It is a week to week league...that is for sure.

If the Skins win the next 2, which they should, that doesn't change anything for me or the organization at all IMO.

Why, because we know what we have with Rivera: the data is all there.

Good teams don't get blown out by 20 at home to the worst team in the league. Upsets happen, but that is 2 blow outs in 5 games. One by an elite team, one by the worst team. We have played 3 very bad teams and are 2-3.

We just talked about the poor structure of the front office and how it is made up of individuals with poor track records. I would like to see that come to an end.

We are in year 4 of Rivera with total control and we are about 1/3 of the season done: the offense is 19th and the defense is 31st.
Our QB is on pace to break the all-time sack record.

I hope things still aren't up in the air and I hope the decision is already made to move on from Rivera either at the bye OR most likely, end of the season. Again, Rivera has not had a winning season in 5 years.

I know I disagree with Dean on this, but it is time to move on. If Harris would have taken possession at the end of last year, I am willing to bet Rivera would have been gone. As stated, the coach-centric model isn't working here and generally does NOT work.

For the record, I am not trying to make anyone feel guilty for supporting Rivera or cheering on the team. If someone believes Rivera is the guy and needs to be extended, you do you. For me, I was the against the hire the day it was made, and it has been a terrible 3 years.
No im right there with you @duke1861. Ive seen enough. I was never a big Ron guy, i just thought he was the best we could do with Dan owning the team.

I'll still root for the Skins and Ron because he's the current coach but much better options are out there.

When i mentioned narrative i was referring to Harris. Does a season saving rally give Harris pause?

I love what Mayhew did for this team. Playing opposite Darrell Green on the Capitol Punishment defense will never be forgotten, but his track record doesnt do it for me.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i expect a housecleaning of everybody if harris wants the team to ever get back winning again,i think eb is the only safe coach.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid coach....not sure why you would want to fire him at all.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No im right there with you @duke1861. Ive seen enough. I was never a big Ron guy, i just thought he was the best we could do with Dan owning the team.

I'll still root for the Skins and Ron because he's the current coach but much better options are out there.

When i mentioned narrative i was referring to Harris. Does a season saving rally give Harris pause?

I love what Mayhew did for this team. Playing opposite Darrell Green on the Capitol Punishment defense will never be forgotten, but his track record doesnt do it for me.
Agree on Mayhew!!!!!!!!!!

I think a season-saving drive will give Harris pause. Magic has seen enough but Rivera always goes on some type of streak. That is why he stuck around CAR for so long. The front office must be changed IMO...completely. We cannot move forward under the coach centric method.

Call me a homer but I think several GM candidates would love this job. I could be wrong.

I think several coaching candidates would love this job. Again, I could be a homer and be very wrong.

I agree that Rivera was probably the best we could do under Snyder. I think that is true.
Harris now owns the team though and I think we can do much better. Again, I could be wrong on that as well!

Last edited:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were early on Ron @duke1861 but to say you were against Ron from the beginning is not entirely true. Js
Screenshot_20231009_102703_Samsung Internet.jpg

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were early on Ron @duke1861 but to say you were against Ron from the beginning is not entirely true. Js
View attachment 342679
If I was responding to Dean...I am sure this was 100% sarcasm. Dean and I have gone at it for years.

I actually left the board shortly after Rivera was hired. Skinsdad and Sportster can verify that.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was responding to Dean...I am sure this was 100% sarcasm. Dean and I have gone at it for years.

I actually left the board shortly after Rivera was hired. Skinsdad and Sportster can verify that.
Okay