• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: DBACKSvsPIRATES ..Collmenter/De La Rosa/Hellickson

BACKSfromAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 956.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense fizzled tonight.

Really no worse than there's. Both teams with 7 hits.

The consensus seems to be that Ahmed is so good defensively, that it carries his poor offence. I for one am not buying it. You have to bring something to the plate or the team basically has an instant out.

It's getting to the point that we have 3 of those in the rotation...Ahmed, Tuffy and the Pitcher. Pretty hard to counter 1/3 of your offence and expect to be a contender. BLAH!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahmed and Gosewich are both solid defensively but they are almost automatic outs every time they step up to the plate. It's getting old.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the way Chip Hale manages this lineup. Absolutely no reason to pull Peralta and pinch hit Trumbo with runners on second and third and one out just for that stupid righty versus lefty matchup. I knew Trumbo would fail in the situation. TRUMBO SUCKS. Now Peralta is out of the game and Trumbo's horrific defense is in the game at the end. Such a pathetic move by Hale. I have no confidence that Hale is the right manager for this team.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trumbo and Reed. The last of the remaining trash left by Kevin Towers. Please get rid of them. The team is so desperate for a fresh start and it will not happen as long as Towers' garbage remains. I knew Trumbo would screw up and I knew Reed would give up a run. They have both done it so many times before. It was obvious.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only positive tonight is that De La Rosa pitched fantastic. He was awesome. Meanwhile, Ian Kennedy gave up 8 earned runs in 4.1 innings and Brandon McCarthy gave up 6 earned runs in 5 innings. So happy those guys are off the team. I cannot believe that in 2013 the 1, 2, 3 for the Diamondbacks was Kennedy, Cahill, and McCarthy. Possibly the worst 1, 2, 3 in baseball history. Then the fourth pitcher that year was Miley. Another joke. It is unfathomable that almost every single move Towers made was awful. Not just bad. Truly awful. At least he is off the team. Now the Diamondbacks just have to work on finding takers for Trumbo and Reed.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that was fun while it lasted. I think they beat last year when they were relevant for only a week. This year, it lasted like three weeks. Progress, I suppose.

The "secret" is out...the Dbacks still suck.

Chip Hale with a few epic moves this series. My favorite was pinch hitting Tuffy. Way utilize the big bat off the bench. Just leave the pitcher in.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as soon as Lamb went down, D-Backs were fucked. He filled a big time hole in offense at 3rd, now with him out theres just too many holes offensively

IMO, the outfield still needs an allstar player that can hit for power.

2 infield spots need to pick it up. Owings and Goldy are fine, but Hill/Tomas/Ahmed/Pennington are pure garbage

and when those guys are bad, if Peralta, Trumbo, pollock have bad days, this team is gonna be horrific offensively