• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cutting The Cable

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick and tired of paying $135 a month for shitty programming. I am a Prime Member so I have Prime also have Netflix, pretty sure for $70.00 I may get HULU + Live TV

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick and tired of paying $135 a month for shitty programming. I am a Prime Member so I have Prime also have Netflix, pretty sure for $70.00 I may get HULU + Live TV

i have youtube tv... i like it... thinking of changing to Hulu+ live tv, at the end of the year because i use my sisters hulu account, where she was paying the promotional black friday price from last year which was an insane $1 per month... if that promotion exists this black friday, i can always get someone else to do it for the year, and continue with youtube tv...

but if i am going to pay for hulu, then $75 dollars for hulu(no adds, disney, espn+, and live tv is very similar to the 65 dollars for youtube live and then paying for hulu(with adds). I would not pay for disney and espn+ because i dont need or understand why anyone would pay for espn + and i use my sisters Disney account...

But i do think if you are going to do the hulu + live tv you should pay the extra 5 bucks for NO ADDS...

I do think youtube tv is better than hulu... but the hulu deal is much better if you are going to get hulu too either way...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have DirecTV Stream.... "Choice" 105 Channels $89.88/month and I do have all the streaming channels as well... Yeah I'm dumb but oh well.

Have had two issues with the TV lagging but fixed both times right away when I contacted them... It actually could be the box itself so they are sending me a new one for free

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have youtube tv... i like it... thinking of changing to Hulu+ live tv, at the end of the year because i use my sisters hulu account, where she was paying the promotional black friday price from last year which was an insane $1 per month... if that promotion exists this black friday, i can always get someone else to do it for the year, and continue with youtube tv...

but if i am going to pay for hulu, then $75 dollars for hulu(no adds, disney, espn+, and live tv is very similar to the 65 dollars for youtube live and then paying for hulu(with adds). I would not pay for disney and espn+ because i dont need or understand why anyone would pay for espn + and i use my sisters Disney account...

But i do think if you are going to do the hulu + live tv you should pay the extra 5 bucks for NO ADDS...

I do think youtube tv is better than hulu... but the hulu deal is much better if you are going to get hulu too either way...
Yeah for $5 I will get no ads.

Does you tube allow for local channels? I do not want to miss ND football or whatever NFL games may be broadcast? If you think youtube is better why switch to HULU?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does you tube allow for local channels? I do not want to miss ND football or whatever NFL games may be broadcast? If you think youtube is better why switch to HULU?

Not trying to answer for @MilkSpiller22 but when I looked into YouTube TV it did have "regional" black outs" for local channels. Not sure if that has changed or not...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

youtube tv- not youtube... same company... both owned by google...

youtube tv has live tv, and local tv... you can look at the list of channels on their website, if there is any specific you want...

but youtube tv has the best DVR, and you will use it...

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dumped dish months back and now I just follow the multi stream program.
Basic hulu
Philo right now because I need it to get paramount so I can watch yellowstone
prime because I had it already, buy a lot of stuff from amazon
Took Disney because granddaughter watches our house when we're in Florida for the winter and great grandson likes it, then I ended up watching it a lot for Marvel stuff.
Netflix because it doesn't cost much and has a few things I like from time to time.

And a lot of broadcast antenna.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to answer for @MilkSpiller22 but when I looked into YouTube TV it did have "regional" black outs" for local channels. Not sure if that has changed or not...

i dont know much about the regional blackouts... i am sure, that all depends on your region...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dumped dish months back and now I just follow the multi stream program.
Basic hulu
Philo right now because I need it to get paramount so I can watch yellowstone
prime because I had it already, buy a lot of stuff from amazon
Took Disney because granddaughter watches our house when we're in Florida for the winter and great grandson likes it, then I ended up watching it a lot for Marvel stuff.
Netflix because it doesn't cost much and has a few things I like from time to time.

And a lot of broadcast antenna.

yea, i have been thinking if live tv is even necessary with all these streaming... but i do think that id rather have live tv than ONLY streaming... and not sure about antenna, since i do love a good DVR...

i still think DVR is better than streaming through the site...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know much about the regional blackouts... i am sure, that all depends on your region...

Yeah certainly does. I can't remember now what I couldn't get since I live in CT now when I looked at Youtube TV but I know it was something based on the "region"

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't smoke money.

I pay $200/month for internet, landline phone (with long distance), internet and when Sunday Ticket is tacked on add another $50.

Platform lets me room to room on 5 TVs, wireless. And It gives me Netflix, Youtube, Prime and Disney.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YoutubeTV and Hulu + Live seem the same to me? At least not a lot of difference.

Some of the Hulu originals seem interesting.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been “screwing” the cable company for 6-7 years now. Bwahahahaha

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been “screwing” the cable company for 6-7 years now. Bwahahahaha

I tried this for what ever reason it did not work for me or my location. Thought it was me but I have a tech buddy he could not get it working either

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cut when I moved into my latest house.
I have;
Amazon Prime
Netflix
Disney/ESPN/HULU bundle - Free with my wifes Verizon
HBO Max - Free with my AT+T Internet
Fubo
NFL+ App
Paramount - Free with my sons...something...
Apple TV - Free with my sons new Apple Air Mac.

WAY more than enough.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried this for what ever reason it did not work for me or my location. Thought it was me but I have a tech buddy he could not get it working either
Find the tower first. Then get the right antenna. You have to have a tower somewhere somewhat close

0C62B0E3-BA33-407B-B50C-EEFF34785591.png

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find the tower first. Then get the right antenna. You have to have a tower somewhere somewhat close

View attachment 314682
I pick up plenty from a $15 amazon antenna laying on the tv stand.
I like it down in florida at our spot where the tv stations battle it out amongst themselves every day.
Got a winegard wing antenna on the motorhome cranked up in the air. In the morning I get perfect reception from one coast. When it goes away I get perfect reception from the other coast.

Either Palm Beach or Ft. Myers, one or the other. I'm in the middle.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pick up plenty from a $15 amazon antenna laying on the tv stand.
I like it down in florida at our spot where the tv stations battle it out amongst themselves every day.
Got a winegard wing antenna on the motorhome cranked up in the air. In the morning I get perfect reception from one coast. When it goes away I get perfect reception from the other coast.

Either Palm Beach or Ft. Myers, one or the other. I'm in the middle.

It’s just a way to get your major network channels in HD for free with some extras as well. Then stream what you want.

I was tired of dealing with the cable companies and I am willing to bet most people just hold the controller and flip and flip and flip

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Invest in a decent HD antenna for your roof.

I'm assuming you still have all the old coaxial cables (for cable tv) running to all of tv's from the outside.
Find the old cable connection box on the outside of your house and run that to the HD roof antenna.
Than just plug in the old coaxial cables for each TV in to the antenna input.

The best picture I get for anything is from the HD antenna. (I'm in NY so all the station are pretty close)

Tip of the day: Always watch sports on the dynamic picture setting on your TV.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s just a way to get your major network channels in HD for free with some extras as well. Then stream what you want.

I was tired of dealing with the cable companies and I am willing to bet most people just hold the controller and flip and flip and flip
I don't give a damn about hd.
Used to have an antenna on a pole when I bought this house in 1978. If something wasn't coming in I'd go out and twist the pole. One day it was about 15 degrees and I just stepped outside without a jacket and twisted the pole, it came loose on the gable and there I am holding it up. I said fuck it and gave a directional push to the ground, all mangled up.
Later on I had a tower.
Then the old big dish with the huge box.
Then direct, then dish.

I'm just happy to have color and not have to put foil on the rabbit ears.