• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cutting The Cable

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She is addicted to the Hallmark channel!

My wife is into that shit. It's awful. Every show is exactly the same. Moderately attractive single woman moves to a new town and bumps into a divorced or widowed handsome dude with a kid and they gradually fall in love after a bit of drama. Lot's of snow and super nice people that don't exist in real life.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife is into that shit. It's awful. Every show is exactly the same. Moderately attractive single woman moves to a new town and bumps into a divorced or widowed handsome dude with a kid and they gradually fall in love after a bit of drama. Lot's of snow and super nice people that don't exist in real life.

Just like the books.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today I watched four soccer games, three Davis cup tennis matches between Canada and Germany, and three football games. And I never missed anything I wanted to say.

Try doing that without cable had a PVR.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been “screwing” the cable company for 6-7 years now. Bwahahahaha

We were watching soccer on telemundo bc the fox app wouldn't work. Corporate dicks!

Love the announcers in spanish even if I can't understand them

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today I watched four soccer games, three Davis cup tennis matches between Canada and Germany, and three football games. And I never missed anything I wanted to see.

Try doing that without cable and a PVR.

Corrected for talking to phone BS.

Anyway, I still haven't started NE-Minn and it's 7:10 PST. No idea how the game is going. Full media blackout all day long. It's for dessert.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I pulled the trigger went to Hulu+ Live TV. Saves about $50.00 a month but provides a lot more options. What's funny is the internet provider in my area stated the internet will go up $25 because I no longer get the discount of TV+Internet, dirty fuckers. There is not other ISP in my area so I have no choice. I did get all the games yesterday and I get world cup games so it's okay.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I pulled the trigger went to Hulu+ Live TV. Saves about $50.00 a month but provides a lot more options. What's funny is the internet provider in my area stated the internet will go up $25 because I no longer get the discount of TV+Internet, dirty fuckers. There is not other ISP in my area so I have no choice. I did get all the games yesterday and I get world cup games so it's okay.
I meant to chime in a couple days back, that's the part that keeps me in cable. Every time I do the math cable keeps the advantage due to the bundles. I also pay $15 per month total (actually, $25 plus taxes minus a $10 discount to my cable/internet bundle) for four mobile phones through Xfinity. I could never come close to replacing that.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant to chime in a couple days back, that's the part that keeps me in cable. Every time I do the math cable keeps the advantage due to the bundles. I also pay $15 per month total (actually, $25 plus taxes minus a $10 discount to my cable/internet bundle) for four mobile phones through Xfinity. I could never come close to replacing that.
It's been almost 9 years since I went all streaming.
It's by no means TV watching Nirvana ...even today.

But I had 4 cable boxes back then ...which you have to rent at 12 bucks a pop a month.
I was 50 bucks in the hole before you even count the fee for the cable service
For me the switch was based on general principle of just have to rent those boxes.

I found that afterwards those cable boxes (which always ran hot) were costing me about 7 bucks a month in Electricity

I still missed the speed of the cable interface and guide.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still ended up paying less with more options just shitty the way the cable company does it.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been almost 9 years since I went all streaming.
It's by no means TV watching Nirvana ...even today.

But I had 4 cable boxes back then ...which you have to rent at 12 bucks a pop a month.
I was 50 bucks in the hole before you even count the fee for the cable service
For me the switch was based on general principle of just have to rent those boxes.

I found that afterwards those cable boxes (which always ran hot) were costing me about 7 bucks a month in Electricity

I still missed the speed of the cable interface and guide.
I have a TIVO that is years old with an all in plan and I own my own cable modem. I don't have additional fees. Sure, the TIVO wasn't free but I've had it so long the monthly cost is negligible.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today I watched four soccer games, three Davis cup tennis matches between Canada and Germany, and three football games. And I never missed anything I wanted to say.

I don't want to watch tennis nor futbol.
The football games were free yesterday
I won't watch golf either.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to watch tennis nor futbol.
The football games were free yesterday
I won't watch golf either.

Big deal I don’t watch golf basketball or baseball. But what I do watch I want to watch and I want to watch it when it’s on. Just like yesterday when I got to watch all that. Mind you I’m not a cheap bastard.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big deal I don’t watch golf basketball or baseball. But what I do watch I want to watch and I want to watch it when it’s on. Just like yesterday when I got to watch all that. Mind you I’m not a cheap bastard.
I'm tight. I know you are not.
I'm retired and enjoying life - not TV.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Peace of mind is more important than winning or proving a point. Let go of trying to convince people, be alright with them not seeing things how you view them. This will save you so much mental tension and built-up frustration and allow you to have peace of mind. Knowing that you can have a difference of opinion from someone else and move on."​

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tight. I know you are not.
I'm retired and enjoying life - not TV.....

I might as well be (67) but they’re still paying me to work from home. Life is good I’m enjoying it. Go swimming golfing, etc. We eat out and I watch sports on TV.

Did I mention life is good?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fubo lets you record and watch essentially any game.
Anysport.
Anytime.
Anywhere.