• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cutting The Cable

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just drove in. Been at my brother's in Chatanooga since last Tuesday.

He's got You Tube, Prime, shares a couple with his son like Netflix.

He got notified before the game on Thursday that he no longer could access those share networks and would have to pay. His son called Thursday night because he couldn't get share channels. Streamers are cracking down on people sharing their access. From all indications, almost every "Free" network is going to be charged for using any other network without paying. Everyone is scrambling for advertisers and the big guys are getting pissed because the streamers are taking less for commercials and are willing to show antique ones.

Broadcasting is getting cutthroat. Pretty soon the tower owners are going to be able to block access and all of the guys broadcasting off someone elses towers will pay or not be able to broadcast. Sorta like having a Wifi in your house and not putting a password on it. Everybody in the neighborhood will use your Wifi and you pay for it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just drove in. Been at my brother's in Chatanooga since last Tuesday.

He's got You Tube, Prime, shares a couple with his son like Netflix.

He got notified before the game on Thursday that he no longer could access those share networks and would have to pay. His son called Thursday night because he couldn't get share channels. Streamers are cracking down on people sharing their access. From all indications, almost every "Free" network is going to be charged for using any other network without paying. Everyone is scrambling for advertisers and the big guys are getting pissed because the streamers are taking less for commercials and are willing to show antique ones.

Broadcasting is getting cutthroat. Pretty soon the tower owners are going to be able to block access and all of the guys broadcasting off someone elses towers will pay or not be able to broadcast. Sorta like having a Wifi in your house and not putting a password on it. Everybody in the neighborhood will use your Wifi and you pay for it.
Well I cannot blame companies cutting down or ending stream sharing, it directly cuts into potential revenue. The stream should be specific to a ISP address. Issue with that is they lose the ability to make your streaming mobile. When I go to NH I stream my Netflix and Amazon, not sure how they allow that and not construe it sharing. Perhaps the user would need to contact the provider and clarify where they will be for the amount of time and a one time password could be issued.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many at once? And I don't care about anywhere, I only watch at home.

Can you leave one and go to another with ease? And you need smart TV's?
Can you switch between live games?
Yes.
Can you switch between live and recorded?
Yes.
Can you switch between recordings?
Yes, stop one and start another.

With ease?
Not sure, I'm not so Spasmodically ADD that I need to do that. I start 1 recording and watch it, then start another.

My TV is a 12 year old Panasonic Plasma. Picture is STILL with the best out there. But factory updates and Amazon/Netflix/etc. connectivity are no longer supported. I use a Firestick and add the apps.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this stuff is on the internet for free except local channels. Get an antenna for each tv and then just search the web for sites that provide the content you want. I pay just for 1G internet for 80 bucks a month. You can also go underground if you live in US or Canada. 5 or 10 bucks a month and you will literally have every channel and package on the planet. With most IPTV players you can record anything without limit (well limitations of where you are saving it to).