• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clint Bowyer

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an asshole. Spin out on purpose just so his teammate can make the chase. Add on to the list of reasons why I rarely watch nascar. Way to get your teammate in the chase

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dale Jr on Clint-
"He just spun right out. That's the craziest thing I ever saw. He just came right around. He got ‑‑ we were going into, through 3 and 4, and I don't know if they can put up his brakes and his gas. We got all the technology. But he was hemming around on the brakes and jerking the car around, and then the thing just spun out. It was crazy. I don't know what was going on. It was right there, I almost run into it, so I'm glad we were able to get out of there without any trouble."

"it's very suspect to me, in my opinion," adds Andy Petree regarding Clint's spin

I asked Smoke if he believed someone would purposefully spin out to help a teammate: "Yep. There's a lotta $ involved in making the

#DaleJr: "(15) was on brakes in the middle of the corner, trying to slow it down so he could spin it out w/out really getting in trouble."

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is all from Marty Smith

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase is manufactured bullshit anyway. I'm sure Brian France pissed himself with excitement

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate cautions where a guy spins and isn't in any danger. When I raced WKA, it took a big wreck or someone spinning into the groove for a caution to come out. Even when the kart counts started to thin out in local and state ranks, they still didn't throw a caution for someone spinning out of harms way.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate cautions where a guy spins and isn't in any danger. When I raced WKA, it took a big wreck or someone spinning into the groove for a caution to come out. Even when the kart counts started to thin out in local and state ranks, they still didn't throw a caution for someone spinning out of harms way.

The worst offense is on road courses when NASCAR throws a full caution because 1 driver goes off course in a random turn. Apparently they've never watched any other series on Earth or they would have discovered a miraculous invention called the localized caution

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst offense is on road courses when NASCAR throws a full caution because 1 driver goes off course in a random turn. Apparently they've never watched any other series on Earth or they would have discovered a miraculous invention called the localized caution
The whole throw a full course caution if one cars spins even started to leaking into the Grand Am Series that Nascar owns. The whole ALMS/Grand Am merger is going to be a fiasco.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know he did it on purpose.... did you see the look on his face when they asked him???? He almost pissed himself!!!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made it way too obvious

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised by Bowyers actions. Michael Waltrip Racing has been shady since day 1 when they were busted at Daytona for the jet fuel.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same bullshit I have suspected all along and this product is dying. Did you see how empty the stands were? They kept the camera angles low when possible but if anyone wanted to go to the race, you could have walked up to the window a minute before the start and purchased nearly any seat you wanted. Brian France is a complete idiot and this racing is a dead-man walking!

bored at work

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't notice this at the time either, but Vickers let everyone by him the final lap and Bowyer mysteriously lost 2 laps after his spin. And those are the 2 spots that put Logano in, which gave the 2nd wild card to Truex.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You used to post at CBS right bored?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't notice this at the time either, but Vickers let everyone by him the final lap and Bowyer mysteriously lost 2 laps after his spin. And those are the 2 spots that put Logano in, which gave the 2nd wild card to Truex.

Yeah, I'm done with Nascar after this pushed my driver out of "The Chase." Both Gordon and Newman did what they had to do to make it in, then they got fucked by Clint Bowyer and Michael Waltrip Racing. Bowyer had zero to lose and MWR had everything to gain.

I have a feeling that Nascar is going to lose a lot more fans if this finish holds up as legitimate.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From espn.com

In-car audio framed the situation as his crew goading him into spinning his car to bring out the yellow in an effort to prevent Newman from winning the race.

"Thirty-nine is going to win the race," Bowyer was told over his radio.

"Is your arm starting to hurt?" crew chief Brian Pattie asked. After a pause, Pattie said, "I bet it's hot in there. Itch it."

Bowyer's car then spun.

NASCAR did not have access to that footage until well after the race, and it is presumably among the materials Helton was reviewing Sunday.

Also, it became apparent early Sunday morning that Bowyer and teammate Brian Vickers further aided Truex by taking a dive over the final three laps.

When the race resumed with three laps to go, four-time series champion Jeff Gordon was poised to claim the 10th spot in the Chase, and Joey Logano was ahead of Truex in position to claim the second wild-card.
But Bowyer and Vickers both made pit stops in the final three laps that allowed Logano to improve his finishing position and move ahead of Gordon to claim the 10th Chase berth. That bumped Gordon from contention and freed the wild card for Truex. Gordon was not eligible for the wild card.

The AP reviewed team communications for both Bowyer and Vickers on Sunday, and Vickers was told by MWR general manager Ty Norris to pit because "we need that 1 point."

"We're probably going to pit here on green," Norris says.

"Are you talking to me?" a surprised Vickers asks.

Vickers continued to question the call, at one point asking, "I don't understand, pit right now?"

"You've got to pit this time. We need that 1 point," Norris replies.

"10-4. Do I got a tire going down?" Vickers asked.

Vickers then pitted as the field went green. When he asked after if his crew found anything with the tire, Norris replied, "I'll see you after the race, Brian, I owe you a kiss."

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Read that earlier today. It's painfully obvious MWR pulled shenanigans. Serves NASCAR right though. The Chase opens itself up to bullshit like that. It's always been shit, this is just another reason to add to the laundry list. NASCAR probably won't do anything to punish them though. They'll just play dumb. Truthfully they probably love it because it added to the drama. They think that Richmond cutoff race is some amazing thing. In reality, its just a giant farce.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Wild Turkey. This is why this racing product is going to be gone in 5-10 years. It is a complete bag of shit!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Wild Turkey. This is why this racing product is going to be gone in 5-10 years. It is a complete bag of shit!

I'd much rather watch a 15 minute, 30 lap, 410 winged Sprint CAR race on a half mile oval with methanol and funnel cake fumes in my nose and dirt in my eyes than a 4 hour, 400 lap Sprint Cup race with a bullshit finish at the end of it.

Racing has quite simply morphed into something way too fucking far off from where it originated. Money and greed has ruined Nascar and I'm done with it.

That said, I still hope they at the very least suspend Bowyer for a race, then dock Truex 25 points and penalize MWR as a whole since he clearly had a hand in this as well. Nascar cannot just let this go. There will be way, way too much heat on them to make a stand and I think they could lose a number of fans in the process, myself included. Money talks and I expect them to do something significant here to keep from losing too much of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd much rather watch a 15 minute, 30 lap, 410 winged Sprint CAR race on a half mile oval with methanol and funnel cake fumes in my nose and dirt in my eyes than a 4 hour, 400 lap Sprint Cup race with a bullshit finish at the end of it.

Racing has quite simply morphed into something way too fucking far off from where it originated. Money and greed has ruined Nascar and I'm done with it.

That said, I still hope they at the very least suspend Bowyer for a race, then dock Truex 25 points and penalize MWR as a whole since he clearly had a hand in this as well. Nascar cannot just let this go. There will be way, way too much heat on them to make a stand and I think they could lose a number of fans in the process, myself included. Money talks and I expect them to do something significant here to keep from losing too much of it.

I think they should take the points as they stood at the spin and thwart any effort by MWR to change the outcome. Two drivers worked their asses off all night to remain in contention and to be cheated out of it like this shows NASCAR has lost control. Taking the final lap as the one that Newman led and leaving Gordon in the chase while Newman drives his way in with a win would be almost punishment enough. The final would be to dock MWR 25 points, Bowyer 50 points and fine MWR, The crew Chiefs, Bowyer and Vickers a six figure fine for each entity. Time for Nascar to send a message that this wont be tolerated, especially so poorly done as it obviously was.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have been saying you are done with NASCAR all year and how the product sucks but yet you have watched every race. Either stop watching like you say you will or stop bitching about the product.

Bowyer clearly spun out on purpose and the 55 team called in Vickers for the obvious reasons. It sucks they were able to do that and should be punished for manipulating the finish. Vickers shouldn't be punished as a driver though. It was clear he didn't know what was going on as he was questioning every thing on the radio and assumed they saw something wrong with the car and Truex shouldn't be either. Bowyer should be fined and suspended. NASCAR really can't change who is in the chase though at this point.

I say they should:
1. wipe MWR's owner points clean to 0.
2. Fine and suspend Bowyer - eliminates him from contention with the suspension
2b. Potentially Park the 15 team. Do not let them put a different driver in the car
3. Suspend the crew chiefs of the 15 and 55
4. Deducting points from Vickers would be pretty useless since he didn't run a full slate this year
5. Possibly have carry over penalties for MWR for next year.
6. Fine MWR, Bowyer, the Crew Chiefs of the 15 and 55. I only say to fine them because the money goes into charities. At the end of the day, that money isn't hurting these guys that much but a couple $100k into charities is never a bad thing.

The other option is to clear all the points from the MWR teams. This would force them to qualify and have to qualify for races next year as well.

Last edited by a moderator: