• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clint Bowyer

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally, they would subtract Logano and Truex from "The Chase" in addition to other penalties, then add Gordon and Newman, but I don't think they can do that just based on the fact that there were 5 or so laps remaining. The race result did not appear to be in doubt, but something legit could've still technically happened.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally, they would subtract Logano and Truex from "The Chase" in addition to other penalties, then add Gordon and Newman, but I don't think they can do that just based on the fact that there were 5 or so laps remaining. The race result did not appear to be in doubt, but something legit could've still technically happened.

And I agree with this totally except for there was really no racing for many positions except Gordon was close to Truex and he was not in the chase as of that moment, Gordon was trying to secure his spot and keep Truex out. Gordon was 4 seconds ahead of his closest challenger for a position on the track and that person was not in the chase either(from memory). The one who got royally screwed was Newman and I am sure that Tony Stewart has been calling for the heads of Michael Waltrip and Bowyer as well as the crew chiefs involved. I am sure that Hendicks and Gordon have been on the phone with NASCAR as well as this is not the first time that Bowyer has screwed Gordon or had contact with a situation that involved Gordon and the Hendrick team directly. This might get ugly for MWR and at the least his team and those drivers will be outcasts in a garage full of drivers looking to get them back, no matter if they were involved or not.

And on a side note, i know that Darrell Waltrip was on ornery son of a bitch when he was on the trak, but he never stooped to such low dealings to get his name on a plaque or be in the running. He would race you hard and sometimes try to take you out, but he was a man among men and respected for his style of driving. MWR is dragging that name through the mud now and i am sure Darrell is plenty pissed himself.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nascar has scheduled a press conference for tonight at 8pm to discuss the Richmond incident. I have a feeling that MWR is about to get reamed.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nascar has scheduled a press conference for tonight at 8pm to discuss the Richmond incident. I have a feeling that MWR is about to get reamed.

Or they're going to do nothing and hope no one notices because MNF is on

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenna Fryer ‏@JennaFryer 16m
BREAKING: Newman in, Truex out among MWR penalties. 300k MWR fine. All 3 drivers docked 50 points. Ty Norris suspended indefinitely.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HA!

Only way it would be better is if they could somehow ban Mikey from television.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job by Nascar.

Maybe this will teach MWR a lesson. If you want to cheat then you don't do it over the in car radio

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenna Fryer ‏@JennaFryer 16m
BREAKING: Newman in, Truex out among MWR penalties. 300k MWR fine. All 3 drivers docked 50 points. Ty Norris suspended indefinitely.

See, I think this is still bullshit as Gordon was in as of the time of the spin and was in no danger of not being in due to no competitors for points being close to him. He should be in also, if they are going to let Newman in based on this incident as its only fair. He got screwed as bad or worse. Newman had to win to get in, Gordon was in based on where he was assured of finishing had race finished under green with no yellow flags. I am sure Hendrick will be calling Nascar on this matter, it may not help but you can rest assured that MWR will get retaliation from Hendrick Motorsports and more specifically Bowyer needs to be watching his back on the track.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, the reason Truex is out is because all 3 MWR cars were hit with a 50 point penalty. That 50 pt penalty put Truex behind Newman in the standings, thus Newman gets the WC. Two thoughts on this, one that's more meaningful and two a hypothetical that should have happened:

1) If the 50 pts is prior to the Chase reset as they explained how Truex got out, that only drops Bowyer to 8th. Since he had no wins anyway, he's in the exact same position after the Chase reset. Surely he's getting more of a penalty. He could still win the Chase with no repercussions.

2) Since Bowyer was the one who spun, I would have given him a 100 point fine. Why? Because 100 points would have given him a total 729. Jeff Gordon finished with 750. Thus, Bowyer drops out of the top 10 and Gordon gets in.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, the reason Truex is out is because all 3 MWR cars were hit with a 50 point penalty. That 50 pt penalty put Truex behind Newman in the standings, thus Newman gets the WC. Two thoughts on this, one that's more meaningful and two a hypothetical that should have happened:

1) If the 50 pts is prior to the Chase reset as they explained how Truex got out, that only drops Bowyer to 8th. Since he had no wins anyway, he's in the exact same position after the Chase reset. Surely he's getting more of a penalty. He could still win the Chase with no repercussions.

2) Since Bowyer was the one who spun, I would have given him a 100 point fine. Why? Because 100 points would have given him a total 729. Jeff Gordon finished with 750. Thus, Bowyer drops out of the top 10 and Gordon gets in.
I'm ok with the penalty given but too bad Bowyer didn't get penalized before and during the chase. However, precedent has been set where penalties are only applied before and after the chase.

I do wish all penalties were applied before and after the chase. For example, a 50 point penalty would be a 35 point penalty pre-chase and a 15 point penalty during the chase. It wouldn't be the first time someone has gotten a penalty before the chase and not have it affect them during the chase.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually feel bad for Truex

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually feel bad for Truex

Why, he was given a gift of something that he had not earned. During the race he was directly ahead of Gordon and was not in the chase with 8 laps to go when the spin happened. Surely he was in on what was happening or he would have been pushing alot harder to try and get himself in. Gordon had come from two laps down to be in the chase, so if you feel bad for anyone, feel bad for Gordon as he is still not in but had done everything right up to 8 laps to go. He drove his way in and got screwed, Truex only got in by his team screwing people.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, so after reading some reporter tweets, Bowyer effectively gets no punishment other than his crew chief being on probation. Which if you follow NASCAR, you know probation doesn't mean a damn thing

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon said he feel bad for truex also

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, so after reading some reporter tweets, Bowyer effectively gets no punishment other than his crew chief being on probation. Which if you follow NASCAR, you know probation doesn't mean a damn thing

Yet again Bowyer does something against Nascar rules or screws a driver out of points and positions and Nascar does nothing about it. If i am Gordon, I go on the track on Sunday and play smashup derby every time Bowyer gets close and if Nascar says anything, just point out their inept ability to govern the sport and how popular he is and how pissed his fanbase is because he got screwed out of his spot in the chase due to their lack of action yet again here Bowyer goes.

bored at work

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why, he was given a gift of something that he had not earned. During the race he was directly ahead of Gordon and was not in the chase with 8 laps to go when the spin happened. Surely he was in on what was happening or he would have been pushing alot harder to try and get himself in. Gordon had come from two laps down to be in the chase, so if you feel bad for anyone, feel bad for Gordon as he is still not in but had done everything right up to 8 laps to go. He drove his way in and got screwed, Truex only got in by his team screwing people.

I agree with some of what you say, but I too feel bad for Truex. He did get in solely by his team screwing the system, but I really don't think Martin Truex himself knew. I think he was busting his ass to race his way in, and after the race, he thought he had done it. I don't think he could have pushed harder..they are already pushing to the max. I'm totally in favor of the penalties though, and I felt 100 times worse for Newman after the race. But I still feel a little bad for Truex.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't feel for Truex. He's a nice guy but a very fortunate one. Despite being a meh driver for most of his Cup career, he's never had a problem having a ride or a full time sponsor. There's quite a few guys with far more talent that haven't got what Truex has.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon said he feel bad for truex also

Yeah, but you left out the important part of that statement. He stated "the guy who started all of this not effected at all??? Don't agree!" His displeasure with this will probably be heard tomorrow from Rick Hendrick and i am sure that Nascar may not be done with this if enough Team Owners voice their displeasure that Bowyer essentially skates on this issue. Things can be dealt with on the track and i am sure that Nascar does not want that, but if they dont handle Bowyer correctly and make sure he understands he is not above the rules, thats exactly what may happen the last 10 races of the year. Remember Hendrick has two cars no in the chase and plenty of money to wreck 10 cars over 10 races and not miss a dime of that cash.