• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clint Bowyer

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't blame the drivers, blame the decision makers. If your boss tells you to so something, you do it. Nascar had to penalize drivers to make an effect on MWR.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't blame the drivers, blame the decision makers. If your boss tells you to so something, you do it. Nascar had to penalize drivers to make an effect on MWR.

And still didnt effectively penalize Bowyer. He seems to be above the law that NASCAR implements. Glad i am not a driver or Bowyer wouldnt finish a race the rest of the year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said. I didn't see the race and don't watch much of it anymore but this is total bag of shit!

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just know Gordon won't let Bowyer get by with this. Justice will be served.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I came from CBS. There are some others from CBS who post at NGS forums too. I like both, so I post at both.

Send me the NGS link? I missed posting with those nascar guys and I been looking for them since the board went down but I couldn't remember that website

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to wonder what will happen with MWR and Toyota. After the big Daytona cheat Toyota told MWR one more incident of bad pulicity and he would lose all R&D and sponsoring from Toyota.... so now will they be true to thier word and also yank the rug from under MWR!!!!

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MWR Hammered, and rightfully so. Newman in, Truex out. 300K fine, largest in Nascar history, plus points deducted.

Should have dumped Logano too.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I think this is still bullshit as Gordon was in as of the time of the spin and was in no danger of not being in due to no competitors for points being close to him. He should be in also, if they are going to let Newman in based on this incident as its only fair. He got screwed as bad or worse. Newman had to win to get in, Gordon was in based on where he was assured of finishing had race finished under green with no yellow flags. I am sure Hendrick will be calling Nascar on this matter, it may not help but you can rest assured that MWR will get retaliation from Hendrick Motorsports and more specifically Bowyer needs to be watching his back on the track.

Agreed. This ruling is a GIANT slap in the face to the four-time champ. How in the fuck are you letting Newman in but not Gordon? I understand that Logano had no part in all of this, but as previously mentioned, the ONLY reason he got in ahead of Gordon was due to Bowyer and Vickers tanking enough for him to pass them. Gordon still finished 8th despite the caution, which was enough to beat out Logano (who was 2 laps down) if he couldn't pass Bowyer and/or Vickers, which he never would have been able to do otherwise.

So, wtf are we doing here? I agree with subtracting Truex and adding Newman, but if you're going to do that, you HAVE to at least add in Gordon as well. You don't necessarily even have to subtract Logano as far as I'm concerned since he appears to be just an innocent benefactor in all of this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just know Gordon won't let Bowyer get by with this. Justice will be served.

You're probably right, but Bowyer did get docked 50 points, yes? That is pretty substantial. He's almost guaranteed to finish 12th in the standings, or dead last among "The Chase" drivers, no matter how well he does in the next ten races.

I suppose they could've taken it a step further and dropped him from it entirely, then added Gordon. That would've been a major penalty, but I do tend to agree that this sort of violation calls for just that, a major penalty. It was extremely blatant by anyone's standards. Even Michael Waltrip himself appeared to be in on it.

I do feel as if Nascar is going to lose a lot of credibility and even more fans if they don't insert Gordon in place of Logano or at least with Logano.

Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His points were deducted before the chase standings and since he had no wins this year the 50 points means absolutely nothing so it is not substantial at all.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MWR Hammered, and rightfully so. Newman in, Truex out. 300K fine, largest in Nascar history, plus points deducted.

Should have dumped Logano too.

He was just an innocent bystander. Not his fault MWR did what they did.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. This ruling is a GIANT slap in the face to the four-time champ. How in the fuck are you letting Newman in but not Gordon? I understand that Logano had no part in all of this, but as previously mentioned, the ONLY reason he got in ahead of Gordon was due to Bowyer and Vickers tanking enough for him to pass them. Gordon still finished 8th despite the caution, which was enough to beat out Logano (who was 2 laps down) if he couldn't pass Bowyer and/or Vickers, which he never would have been able to do otherwise.

So, wtf are we doing here? I agree with subtracting Truex and adding Newman, but if you're going to do that, you HAVE to at least add in Gordon as well. You don't necessarily even have to subtract Logano as far as I'm concerned since he appears to be just an innocent benefactor in all of this.
You have to treat the race results as official; you can only apply the penalties after the race. You can't just decide who gets in where. The only reason Newman was in the chase was because Truex was penalized 50 points and the penalty was enough to push him out of the chase. Now if Clint Bowyer had been penalized 100 points and fell out of the chase so Gordon got in, I wouldn't have complained either.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His points were deducted before the chase standings and since he had no wins this year the 50 points means absolutely nothing so it is not substantial at all.

lol That's a complete fucking joke. They should've suspended him for a race or subtracted the 50 points from his "Chase" total.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to treat the race results as official; you can only apply the penalties after the race. You can't just decide who gets in where. The only reason Newman was in the chase was because Truex was penalized 50 points and the penalty was enough to push him out of the chase. Now if Clint Bowyer had been penalized 100 points and fell out of the chase so Gordon got in, I wouldn't have complained either.

Well, I'm officially done with Nascar. This is just not legitimate to me. A team was still allowed to manipulate who did or did not gain entrance to "The Chase" via Logano being the luckiest man alive to get in and Gordon being the one guy who got shorted. The penalties are not serious enough to prevent this from happening again next season. That is the whole problem.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, Gordon is going to punt Bowyer at least once in the next ten races to ruin his slim chances of winning a championship. I hope he does it a couple times even. More power to him as he's the one driver who got completely fucked in this whole deal.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the way i see it. Nascar has allowed Bowyer to do pretty much what he wants on the track for a couple of years, with no significant penalty to him. We have MWR who is known for bending the rules anyway and now they have come up blatant and done a very big injustice to a major race with implications to a teams bottom line. We have NASCAR sitting back and applying apunishment to a team they feel is just, but are not looking at the bigger picture that Bowyer yet again is only put in time out, no real punishment for what amounts to race fixing. We also have the sports most high profile driver over the last 20 years who is left on the outside of a chase format he had clearly raced his way into, until MWR got involved. I dont see how this is a just punishment until it goes back to the way it was with 8 laps to go, when the spin occurred. If Gordon is not allowed in, then MWR has effectively won because they still affected the outcome of the standings in the end.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Feel bad for Truex. He got in under controversy now out due to it. But the guy who started all of this not effected at all??? Don't agree!"

Gordon tweeted that.

Boyer best have a complete car ready for back up cause 24 is gonna get some revenge for sure.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Feel bad for Truex. He got in under controversy now out due to it. But the guy who started all of this not effected at all??? Don't agree!"

Gordon tweeted that.

Boyer best have a complete car ready for back up cause 24 is gonna get some revenge for sure.

If I was in Gordon's shoes, I would wreck Bowyer on purpose after talking about it on the radio, then when he came to discuss it, I would break my foot off in his ass on television. Afterwards I would dare NASCAR to say a thing as they are the ones who fostered this breeding ground of cheating by not handling it correctly to start with. Bowyer is a piece of shit driver and he works for a piece of shit owner at MWR. Justice will bome when the sponsors bail, Toyota pulls its support and MWR closes its doors due to lack of funds. Bowyer will be hard pressed to find a ride after this stunt, he is tainted and so is Vickers.