• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Cleveland @ M's For 4

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They opted to go the pitching and defense route, which is fine. These can get you far too, not just offense. So the cry for more offensive help when they have top tier pitching and defense is an odd one.

All you have to do is look at their 1 run games record last 2 seasons…. They are very good with it. It’s absolutely not a fluke at this point.
It isn't an either or situation. You can add both pitching and hitting in the same cycle. Look at most of the other contenders. They added both.

M's picked up Castillo 4 days before the deadline and anchored one of the top lineups in the AL. They also have defense good enough to play deep.

Those can both be true and we still would have liked another bat or two to really go for it all this year.

Pitching and defense win championships. You still have to score to win those. Right now they are sputtering offensively. It cost them the Oakland series and a split with Washington. They also came out on the winning end the last two.

Adding more bats just ups the odds. I have no idea why saying that seems to bother a couple of you.

It will be great to break the playoff drought. I'd also like to see them take full advantage of one of the best pitching lineups we have ever seen in this town and go for it all.

I see nothing strange in that idea.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't an either or situation. You can add both pitching and hitting in the same cycle. Look at most of the other contenders. They added both.

M's picked up Castillo 4 days before the deadline and anchored one of the top lineups in the AL. They also have defense good enough to play deep.

Those can both be true and we still would have liked another bat or two to really go for it all this year.

Pitching and defense win championships. You still have to score to win those. Right now they are sputtering offensively. It cost them the Oakland series and a split with Washington. They also came out on the winning end the last two.

Adding more bats just ups the odds. I have no idea why saying that seems to bother a couple of you.

It will be great to break the playoff drought. I'd also like to see them take full advantage of one of the best pitching lineups we have ever seen in this town and go for it all.

I see nothing strange in that idea.
Point was... IT'S OVER.. the deadline is long gone and they didn't add a bat. MOVE ON.
You're appear to be the one having issues with them not adding bats and constantly bringing it up not a "couple of us"

Also look at where they are in the standings... one would think they're below .500 from some of the posts on here.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m a fan of this. MLB should be calling up and sending down umps. There are a whole lot of blind guys that they call Major League umpires that could use some time in A ball to get their calls right.
They don't send down. The call-ups are for umps on vacation or leave. I do have no problem with call-ups, but why not have them doing games outside the playoff race? They still get the same experience without having the pressure games. Of course the vet guys suck too so...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point was... IT'S OVER.. the deadline is long gone and they didn't add a bat. MOVE ON.
You're appear to be the one having issues with them not adding bats and constantly bringing it up not a "couple of us"

Also look at where they are in the standings... one would think they're below .500 from some of the posts on here.
So you don't see the other one literally patting himself on the back every time Haniger does something, but you see every post wishing they added a bat. Weird.

I'd love to see an end to infighting and just enjoy the ride. I'm not holding my breath for it all to stop.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if anyone else watched the Little League Horme Run Derby but it was a hoot. Some of those little farts are going to be super stars one day. Jayson Veit won the derby with 17 HR's.
Unbeaten Hawaii faces Tennessee for the US Championship today. :suds: :pound:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see an end to infighting and just enjoy the ride. I'm not holding my breath for it all to stop.
This is fighting? I grew up with an Italian mom who grew up in German occupied Italy and a dad who retired as a Sergeant Major in the army after 23 years and went through WW2 and other battles. I call this more of sparring match. Hell Podunk might be right. I mean I never may have pitched against Steven Souza so what do I know? :nod:

It is all good and fun until someone loses an eye. Oh wait...

eye.jpg

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't send down. The call-ups are for umps on vacation or leave. I do have no problem with call-ups, but why not have them doing games outside the playoff race? They still get the same experience without having the pressure games. Of course the vet guys suck too so...
Can someone explain why umpires get vacations during the season? I swear their union is trying to replace all of them with technology.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain why umpires get vacations during the season? I swear their union is trying to replace all of them with technology.
I hope they succeed.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But that’s what a message board is for though dude. No one can dispute they needed a legit bat and every time it shows they need one that is going to be said. Especially if they get to post season and are in a legit 1 run games.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit France :L

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Castillo with the K's to cover that error.

Can't blame him for that ramirez HR. Off speed sinking at the bottom of the zone. Tip your hat.

He's back to looking like the guy that took care of NY twice. Such a competitor.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ump once again making a difference in a game.

Robo umps can't come quick enough

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a difference one bad call makes!!!!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck. Hurts less after taking the first two of the series, but still. Not a good night for the pen.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ump now turns a walk into an out for JP

This shit gets old

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will keep doing it since nothing ever happens to them. They can blatantly screw a team they aren't happy with and do so with impunity.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is justice in the world, Jrod and/ or Haniger will fix this wrong.