• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Changes are coming, will these guys be back?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not taking into account the back-court chemistry that Curry and Thompson have developed. Sure, finding a SG that can do 85% of what Thompson can isn't as hard, but replacing that chemistry is a variable we can't really measure.

Fair point, but I slightly disagree that finding a two-way player who can give you 85% of Klay isn't "hard." I think it'd be pretty rare.

If Klay defended like Curry, I'd agree, but he's elite.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More important, I'd personally disagree simply because there are less 4's out there. There are plenty of 2's out there...Think supply and demand.

As for it being a good deal for Minn...I'd agree with everything you said, except the last point. But just because it's a good deal for them, doesn't mean it wouldn't be a good deal for the Dubs. They're not mutually exclusive. The 15% that Love gives you over Lee are huge. Especially on a team that would thrive on that spacing. Finding a guy that gives you 85% of what Klay gives you wouldn't be nearly as hard (or expensive).

There might be more 2's available, but there aren't many two's that are excellent two way players like Klay. Sure you can replace his offense to a certain degree, but likely not his D. I have league pass so I've watched Kevin Love alot. He's the best stretch four in the league, but he isn't a great defender by any means, so in that sense he's not an upgrade over Lee. I also think Lee is a better offensive player in the low post as he's a traditional pf vs Love who is a stretch four.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There might be more 2's available, but there aren't many two's that are excellent two way players like Klay. Sure you can replace his offense to a certain degree, but likely not his D. I have league pass so I've watched Kevin Love alot. He's the best stretch four in the league, but he isn't a great defender by any means, so in that sense he's not an upgrade over Lee. I also think Lee is a better offensive player in the low post as he's a traditional pf vs Love who is a stretch four.

Lee is the best in the league with his back to the basket around the hoop in the league, but he cant get himself to that place regularly... Love can back guys down and hit that mid-range shot, get to the middle and pass. Much bigger threat than Lee, not to mention face up and stick a 15-18 footer. There's no argument there. Plus, Love is a better defender than Lee (not saying much). Lee simply doesn't have the athleticism Love does. Now Love dogs it a lot... but he has the ability to play Defense. Love is MUCH more than a Stretch 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee is the best in the league with his back to the basket around the hoop in the league, but he cant get himself to that place regularly... Love can back guys down and hit that mid-range shot, get to the middle and pass. Much bigger threat than Lee, not to mention face up and stick a 15-18 footer. There's no argument there. Plus, Love is a better defender than Lee (not saying much). Lee simply doesn't have the athleticism Love does. Now Love dogs it a lot... but he has the ability to play Defense. Love is MUCH more than a Stretch 4.

Interesting how players can be perceived differently, by different people. I've watched Love alot, and I would never call him a better athlete than Lee. I think Lee is quicker, runs the court better, and is more explosive leaper than Love. Love is bigger than Lee, has wider shoulders and longer arms, and is a great position rebounder. He's also spends alot less time scoring in the low block than Lee as evidenced by 505 attempts from 3 point range (Curry took 615 3's for a little context). He only outrebounded Lee on the offensive glass by .3 rebounds a game (2.6 to 2.9) once again evidence of the fact that Love plays away from the basket alot on offense. Love is clearly a better player than Lee and no one would argue that. But he hasn't moved the playoff needle in Minnesota, and I doubt Myers will give up two starters to get one in return. If Love was a big impact player on the defensive side of the ball I'd be more willing to move Klay and Lee to get him.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting how players can be perceived differently, by different people. I've watched Love alot, and I would never call him a better athlete than Lee. I think Lee is quicker, runs the court better, and is more explosive leaper than Love. Love is bigger than Lee, has wider shoulders and longer arms, and is a great position rebounder. He's also spends alot less time scoring in the low block than Lee as evidenced by 505 attempts from 3 point range (Curry took 615 3's for a little context). He only outrebounded Lee on the offensive glass by .3 rebounds a game (2.6 to 2.9) once again evidence of the fact that Love plays away from the basket alot on offense. Love is clearly a better player than Lee and no one would argue that. But he hasn't moved the playoff needle in Minnesota, and I doubt Myers will give up two starters to get one in return. If Love was a big impact player on the defensive side of the ball I'd be more willing to move Klay and Lee to get him.

Exactly, I think most are in agreement that upgrading to Love would be great, but I wouldn't involve Klay. This team doesn't have enough bodies that contribute now and trading any 2 for 1 could upgrade the starting talent, but weaken what they should be looking to improve. I think when healthy this team is Barnes tapping into that potential we've seen and becoming a consistent contributor and a solid 3rd guard who can run some loin away from competing for the division and running with the big boys of the west.

I could only see Klay being traded if Lacob and Co are enamored with Love and believe building around Curry and Love, both will be 26 starting next season, and adding the right mix of players who will enjoy playing with two elite scorers with high BBall IQ. If they do that I think its a step back before they actually improve.