• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Changes are coming, will these guys be back?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Steve Blake
  2. Jordan Crawford
  3. JO
  4. Coach Jackson

Not sure why Blake didn't play so much in the last few games, it worked in game 6, but In game 7, Dubs could have used another ball handler to run the offense. I hope Blake comes back, he's a solid vet that could help us next year.

Crawford - Had an exciting stretch in game 7, but for my taste, is far too inconsistent as a 2 for us to keep around. He has too much Swaggy P (Nick Young) in his bag to be a reliable rotation piece.

JO has the heart of a lion. He could probably come back and give us 10 solid minutes off the bench again next year. Will he want to go through all the prep and training to do so? Probably not. Love this mans character and ability to lead.

Coach Jackson - HELL YES HE WILL BE BACK. Every player from Steph to Baze (when he was here), fought their ass off. He took a team with lesser talent and pushed a better, talented, more healthy Clipper team to a game 7. Are the Dubs going to find a better suited Coach for this roster? Will they want to start over and blow this team up? NO.

The other thing to consider is, NYK, LAL, MINN, DET, among other teams will be seeking need HC's, the Dubs aren't going to have the pick of the litter, Jackson will be back, despite what the haters say.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were GM:
I'd give Jackson a 2 year extension.
I'd bring JO come back as an assistant.
Bogut, Lee, Ezili, Speights and Armstrong should be enough to fill the front court roles

The Warriors should let the rest walk.
Target Isaiah Thomas and Brandon Rush to fill the bench roles.

If something opens up in the Kevin Love arena, go for it. Otherwise this team as constructed and healthy will have 1 more year together. They should be a 55 win team. You target home court and push forward.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Not sure why Blake didn't play so much in the last few games, it worked in game 6, but In game 7, Dubs could have used another ball handler to run the offense. I hope Blake comes back, he's a solid vet that could help us next year.

1. Blake needs to run a consistent offense. The warriors just aren't that team. He needs a slasher/scorer next to him. Our bench, hell even our starters, simply isn't constructed that way. Klay should make the leap next season. I fully anticipate his game growing. After his grandfather passed away, he came back driving the ball with a little more fire. Now he just needs to add 1 or 2 moves. His goal needs to get to the line more consistently so he can fight through the games where the shot isn't falling.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were GM:
I'd give Jackson a 2 year extension.
I'd bring JO come back as an assistant.
Bogut, Lee, Ezili, Speights and Armstrong should be enough to fill the front court roles

The Warriors should let the rest walk.
Target Isaiah Thomas and Brandon Rush to fill the bench roles.

If something opens up in the Kevin Love arena, go for it. Otherwise this team as constructed and healthy will have 1 more year together. They should be a 55 win team. You target home court and push forward.

I love Isaiah Thomas, he was a fantasy steal this year for me, but he's going to want Jack type money to come here, and we don't really have the room to wiggle under the CBA. I'd rather have a larger Point come here, not sure if Andre Miller has much left, but someone like him would be my choice.

Then's there the darkhorse to make the rotation next year Nedo if can get his stuff together.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing to consider is, NYK, LAL, MINN, DET, among other teams will be seeking need HC's, the Dubs aren't going to have the pick of the litter, Jackson will be back, despite what the haters say.

This isn't Cohan's Warriors anymore buddy. The Dubs are just as attractive, if not MORE attractive than any of those other jobs.

And I'm still dumbfounded by the infatuation with Jackson by some people on this board.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't Cohan's Warriors anymore buddy. The Dubs are just as attractive, if not MORE attractive than any of those other jobs.

And I'm still dumbfounded by the infatuation with Jackson by some people on this board.

Not sure who is "infatuated".

These are the facts as I see them:

1) The Clippers are a better team, on paper, than the Warriors. (even with Bogut playing).

2) Bogut wasn't playing.

3) The Clips had home court advantage.

4) The Ws bench is very weak. In fact, in game 7 Jackson (intelligently) played the bench guys almost zero minutes. Meanwhile, the Clips have a decent bench along with the 6th man of the year in Crawford.

5) Griffin is far, far better than Lee. Horrible matchup for the Ws there.

AND with all of this, the Warriors were a strong two-minute stretch from pulling off the upset. Even with all of Jackson's shortcomings, the fact that he had his guys playing efficiently on offense and totally bought in to the team concept is pretty damn impressive.

Hope he's back and gets an extension.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Steve Blake
  2. Jordan Crawford
  3. JO
  4. Coach Jackson

Not sure why Blake didn't play so much in the last few games, it worked in game 6, but In game 7, Dubs could have used another ball handler to run the offense. I hope Blake comes back, he's a solid vet that could help us next year.

Crawford - Had an exciting stretch in game 7, but for my taste, is far too inconsistent as a 2 for us to keep around. He has too much Swaggy P (Nick Young) in his bag to be a reliable rotation piece.

JO has the heart of a lion. He could probably come back and give us 10 solid minutes off the bench again next year. Will he want to go through all the prep and training to do so? Probably not. Love this mans character and ability to lead.

Coach Jackson - HELL YES HE WILL BE BACK. Every player from Steph to Baze (when he was here), fought their ass off. He took a team with lesser talent and pushed a better, talented, more healthy Clipper team to a game 7. Are the Dubs going to find a better suited Coach for this roster? Will they want to start over and blow this team up? NO.

I think the three players are gone. I thought Crawford and/or Blake would be the answer. It appears they are not (although if Blake had a more talented bench to work with, he might have shined some more. Too many wide open missed shots though). I love JO, and he could help mentor Ezeli. Not sure how much more he has in the tank.

Jackson? I can't for the life of me figure out why the ownership wants him gone. I guess more information become available if he isn't back that might make more sense of it. To me, if the stars on this team want him back, he should be back. Steph and Klay seem to love him. Perhaps Bogut and Jackson don't get along?

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have a larger Point come here, not sure if Andre Miller has much left, but someone like him would be my choice.

Shaun Livingston would be the other option.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaun Livingston would be the other option.

I like Livingston, but would be pretty surprised if he left Brooklyn.

I doubt the Warriors could afford Thomas, but his aggressiveness would be great off the bench.

It would be great if Nedo could step up and be the 4th guard on this team.

Whatever happens with Lee will have a huge impact on the shape of this roster. If he stays, I see Draymond starting and Lee to the bench. I saw on ESPN that we should try and get Love. NO SHIT, but I think it would at minimum cost Klay, Lee and either Green or Barnes. Is Klay, Barnes, Lee and a 2015 1st fair for Love and whatever filler? Is it too much for the warriors to give up? Love would be great fit, but it would be tough for me to move 3 rotation players. I think Klay, Steph, Green and Bogut should be kept and whatever improvements you can make moving anyone else should be explored.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the link to the insider has an article titled: Love to Warriors?
I cancelled my insider subscription so I don't know what it's all about. Can someone that has it can give us the gist?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the link to the insider has an article titled: Love to Warriors?
I cancelled my insider subscription so I don't know what it's all about. Can someone that has it can give us the gist?

Love ends up on the Lakers someway somehow, I don't have access to the article, but if I had to bet Tzill's $100 monthly assistance check, I would bet it happens via a S&T with Gasol or Kobe forking over $50 mil under the table somehow.

Folks "love" to dream, pun intended, about dumping D.Lee and HB on some hapless GM, but unless Isiah Thomas gains control in NYK again, its not going to happen.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love ends up on the Lakers someway somehow, I don't have access to the article, but if I had to bet Tzill's $100 monthly assistance check, I would bet it happens via a S&T with Gasol or Kobe forking over $50 mil under the table somehow.

Folks "love" to dream, pun intended, about dumping D.Lee and HB on some hapless GM, but unless Isiah Thomas gains control in NYK again, its not going to happen.

I don't think Love ends up anywhere other than LAL. All the powers that be want it to happen, unfortunately. God do I despite that franchise.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL!

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake should be gone, he seems to have nothing left.

Crawford should not be back for $3.2M, it's too much for what he provides. If he wants to sign for $2M or less, maybe.

JO I would be fine having back for a modest cost ($2M or less).

Jackson I would ideally like to replace but with who is the hard part. Not for Kerr. I don't know enough about the Iowa coach to say one way or another, but moving college coaches to the NBA is always risky (we all remember Mike Montgomery, right?). Unless they are prying away someone like Thibidaue or Rivers, or coaxing Jerry Sloan out of retirement, it's a tough sell, especially with the Curry support.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, a player may love and respect his coach, but he plays the game at the highest level he possibly can for himself. If the front office decides that the team needs more information and less inspiration from their head coach, the players may be disappointed, but as professionals, they'll get over it as soon as the new coach arrives.

These decisions are made on current and future expectations and not on performance relative to past seasons. If Lacob is smart, he'll ultimately go with whatever The Logo tells him to do in this regard.

I say this team has gone about as far as they can with a preacher, and to become champions, they'll need a teacher.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, a player may love and respect his coach, but he plays the game at the highest level he possibly can for himself. If the front office decides that the team needs more information and less inspiration from their head coach, the players may be disappointed, but as professionals, they'll get over it as soon as the new coach arrives.

These decisions are made on current and future expectations and not on performance relative to past seasons. If Lacob is smart, he'll ultimately go with whatever The Logo tells him to do in this regard.

I say this team has gone about as far as they can with a preacher, and to become champions, they'll need a teacher.[/QUOTE

Checkmate. Well said.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I say this team has gone about as far as they can with a preacher, and to become champions, they'll need a teacher.

I'm not 100% sure this is true. If listen to all the interviews, everyone on the team preaches love towards Jackson. Klay has said he's become a much better player under Coach. Dubs were a victim of injuries again. Blame that on the Coach?

Folks in MEM thought changing coaches would be the answer, instead of getting past the 2nd round again, they failed to make it out of the 1st round this year. You think they regret firing Hollins?

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not 100% sure this is true. If listen to all the interviews, everyone on the team preaches love towards Jackson. Klay has said he's become a much better player under Coach. Dubs were a victim of injuries again. Blame that on the Coach?

Folks in MEM thought changing coaches would be the answer, instead of getting past the 2nd round again, they failed to make it out of the 1st round this year. You think they regret firing Hollins?
If they are professional athletes, they'll provide their own motivation. If a significant upgrade can be found from an informational and tactical standpoint, they'll get over their hurt and play just as hard for the new coach.

This ain't college, and it ain't a revival meeting either. This is The Association, where the finest athletes work with the finest minds to reach the top. What the Warriors need is one of those fine minds. I'm sure that the players enjoy all the smoke that Jackson blows up their asses, but if they're going to get better, which for them, as we all know, means playing smarter, they need someone who will crack the whip as often as necessary as well.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are professional athletes, they'll provide their own motivation. If a significant upgrade can be found from an informational and tactical standpoint, they'll get over their hurt and play just as hard for the new coach.

This ain't college, and it ain't a revival meeting either. This is The Association, where the finest athletes work with the finest minds to reach the top. What the Warriors need is one of those fine minds. I'm sure that the players enjoy all the smoke that Jackson blows up their asses, but if they're going to get better, which for them, as we all know, means playing smarter, they need someone who will crack the whip as often as necessary as well.

I'll give you that, we should always upgrade when possible. Thing is, we didn't exactly have a "full roster" for most of the year. Our bench has fluctuated from decent to extremely bad. How often have the Dubs starters left the game only to have their reserves blow large leads?

Besides Green and JO in small stints, the backups have given us next to nothing. FE wasn't around all year, Speights showed up once every 10 games, and the rest aren't really worth mentioning.

How can you judge a Coach when he hasn't had a full roster to work with? Adelman, who by all accounts is a great Coach, had a top 5 PF in the league in Love, a developing PG In Rubio, a very good Center in Pekovic, but no supporting cast. Does that mean Adelman isn't a good Coach aswell?

My point is, Jackson has a done a very good job with the talent he's had. Bring in a Coach into the mix, and we are stuck in the 2-3 rebuilding cycle we've all known for the last 20 years. The devil that we know sometimes is better than the devil we don't know.

Unless you can guarantee there's a better Coach willing to come here, we stick it out with Jackson until the wheels fall off.