• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare... 11/4/14

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I'm going to get so many games starting in late August-early November

Madden
Fifa
GTA
COD

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, it's just a different style of play. Much slower and calculated with people holding positions without too much movement until it's near the end of the round.

we used to play search and destroy all day everyday, and we rolllled people.........and trust me, we didnt camp, we went right at em, learn the maps, and its easy to ambush in search

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we used to play search and destroy all day everyday, and we rolllled people.........and trust me, we didnt camp, we went right at em, learn the maps, and its easy to ambush in search

I imagine it helps to have an entire team being in the same party. I don't think I could have prestiged as much as I did without knowing the maps. I've had rounds where I took out an entire team myself and ones where I was instantly killed but it always helps to know the strategy of your teammates so if you're playing with randoms it's basically a crapshoot. My favorite gametype is kill confirmed because it's easier to get the high killstreaks. I like rushing head on because I'm confident I can take the other guy out before they can put enough shots on me to kill me.

Using diversion tactics is hilarious. The guys I normally play with and I put the grenade where it simulates gun fire in one of the Blops games (I forget which one) but we would toss them all over the map (you would get 2-3 depending on your loadout) and it would confuse the living hell out of the other team because they constantly had red dots all over their mini maps lol. Funniest shit I've ever seen in a game.

There are other times when one of us will know someone isn't using a suppressor and there is one guy left so we'll have someone stand in a certain position near where we think he is and have him shoot with the area covered. He pops his head out round over.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno, i played it exclusively , lots of party play, but even solo i rolled, if you know how to get the plant off, your good......... and can get tons of points

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think SnD is camping and setups the whole time, then you're playing SnD wrong.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So anybody picked this up? How is it?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably won't get it for a while. I'm looking forward to GTA too much.

Probably won't get this until early 2015

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really tempted to get it. It looks pretty good -- better than the last few editions of the game. I'm still waiting to see how the multiplayer maps are. This is what ultimately made me stop playing is that the maps were just too small and didn't offer any variety. They were all like nuketown and catered to just running around with no strategy

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really tempted to get it. It looks pretty good -- better than the last few editions of the game. I'm still waiting to see how the multiplayer maps are. This is what ultimately made me stop playing is that the maps were just too small and didn't offer any variety. They were all like nuketown and catered to just running around with no strategy

Multiplayer wasn't loaded for me last night, but if the maps are decent this will be the best COD since BLOPS. Just based off a couple hours of campaign mode.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious if there's already a patch available or not? I learned from Battlefield to not buy a game til they have the first legit patch out.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are the maps? Ive played a decent amount of BLOPS, MW3, BLOPS2 and Ghosts and usually only about half of the maps were any good. Thats going to be the main selling point if I decide to dive into yet another COD

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Skip to 12:30 for gameplay. It's only 1 map but this guy usually makes good points. Ground dashes and superjumps seem to higher the skill ceiling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The older CODs had a fairly high skill ceiling for sure. Just because you add abilities doesnt mean that scrubs cant take shortcuts (*cough Destiny)...there are always shortcuts and I feel like most CODs are pretty notorious when it comes to weapon balance and perk balance.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The older CODs had a fairly high skill ceiling for sure. Just because you add abilities doesnt mean that scrubs cant take shortcuts (*cough Destiny)...there are always shortcuts and I feel like most CODs are pretty notorious when it comes to weapon balance and perk balance.

The last COD I played was World at War so I don't know too much about the franchise after that. Just based on what I've seen, it seems like you get a lot more of a chance to evade if someone gets the drop on you, which from my experience, used to mean instant death in most cases.

The weapons are different but I've heard the weapon balance is about the same. At least they're trying something new and not just re-releasing the exact same game. :noidea:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was interested in seeing people's thoughts on the single player stuff. I don't play much MP so if there's quite a bit of campaign stuff will determine if I buy it. How long is the campaign? Does it have other single player modes like MW2 had (the last COD game I bought)? Pretty much every COD game since MW2 has abandoned just about all that stuff and just focuses on online multiplayer

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was interested in seeing people's thoughts on the single player stuff. I don't play much MP so if there's quite a bit of campaign stuff will determine if I buy it. How long is the campaign? Does it have other single player modes like MW2 had (the last COD game I bought)? Pretty much every COD game since MW2 has abandoned just about all that stuff and just focuses on online multiplayer

I heard today that the Campaign was extremely linear and only 6 hours long. I'm not 100% sure but I think it has Co-Op.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It takes about 5-6 hours to complete on regular difficulty. There was definitely some effort placed into the story. Probably the best COD campaign since World at War.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 hours? Fuck that shit. That's weak.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah that's one thing I always hated about COD is how fast the campaign mode is.

I know they're 2 different type of games but one thing I always loved about GTA is how long the story mode is.