• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare... 11/4/14

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks amazing.

Between this, Destiny, Batman: Arkham Knight, and AC 5, I'll have plenty of material to survive the Seattle Jan/Feb winter hump. Along with another Seahawks SB run, my Xbox will be begging for mercy. If all goes as planned, should have the Xbox 1 to launch these titles and show them right.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks amazing.

Between this, Destiny, Batman: Arkham Knight, and AC 5, I'll have plenty of material to survive the Seattle Jan/Feb winter hump. Along with another Seahawks SB run, my Xbox will be begging for mercy. If all goes as planned, should have the Xbox 1 to launch these titles and show them right.

Destiny is Xbox1 exclusive right? I love how that game looks and it tempts me to get one. I love the PS4 but if Titanfall doesn't deliver like I expect it to I really am considering Destiny and Xbox1.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so they aren't going to make this for the PS3?

They probably will. But the game is being made for the new gen consoles.

I just need some friends on the PS4... :pout:

i have no friends.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That shit cost too much. I just dropped 300 bones on a pressure washer this morning.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't bought a CoD game since MW2. I just got tired of the single player modes getting little effort put into them. The story(ies) just became convoluted messes and none of the missions were anything special. It was clear they were just trotting the games out for multiplayer. And I'm not much of a multiplayer gamer. I'll play with select friends, but that's it. The game looks cool and if it actually has a solid campaign mode, I might get it.

Other thoughts:

-I didn't look but I bet there's already 500,000 House of Cards jokes being made

-At around the 1:00 minute mark, that airship looks like a ripoff of one of the Spartan dropships (can't remember the name) from Halo. Also, there's a tank later in the trailer that looks like a ripoff of Halo as well.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Destiny is Xbox1 exclusive right? I love how that game looks and it tempts me to get one. I love the PS4 but if Titanfall doesn't deliver like I expect it to I really am considering Destiny and Xbox1.

It's still going to be awhile before they stop releasing games for the Xbox360, but the games coming this fall are truly designed to take full advantage of the Xbox 1 and game studios can test on production Xbox1 boxes to make sure compatibility is maximized. They couldn't do that last year. But now, they can which should be a big difference in development. Not only will games like COD and AC be available for Xbox 1 this fall, but they will truly be designed to maximize the new hardware and really push graphics and game performance to the next level.

You can run Titanfall on either right now and some have been saying they can't tell much of a difference which at first glance is probably the case. But the graphics processing power is going to be superior on the 1 no matter what. But your still also limited on the performance of your HD tv, but the 1 will push it a lot harder.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably won't get it unless the maps are legit. I'm kind of indifferent towards the whole CoD franchise right now.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Destiny is Xbox1 exclusive right?

Believe Destiny will be released on all consoles. (ps3, ps4, xbox 360, x1)
That said, I'd expect a sizable difference between the new gen and old gen.

Also, on your list of games to look forward to.. The Division & Watch Dogs.
Plus, Halo 2 anniversary (its rumored right now...but expect the news to drop at E3)

As for CoD - looks beautiful. But I'll wait to see how the gameplay plays out...before I even consider buying another CoD game.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably won't get it unless the maps are legit. I'm kind of indifferent towards the whole CoD franchise right now.

Yea Ghosts blew because of the multiplayer maps... Ruined the entire game for me because I never play the campaigns. Black Ops 2 is where you'll find me until this drops. I've been reading that they plan to downsize the maps to make them more competitive... The way everyone likes them!

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Ghosts blew because of the multiplayer maps... Ruined the entire game for me because I never play the campaigns. Black Ops 2 is where you'll find me until this drops. I've been reading that they plan to downsize the maps to make them more competitive... The way everyone likes them!

I'd like a little bit of open space where assault rifles, machine guns, and snipers actually mean something. It seems like these maps just get smaller and smaller (at least where the combat happens). They like to make it where no matter what the smg is going to be the gun of choice because you have to clear out so many tight spaces and rooms. Also, because of the rate of fire they'll catch more hit markers. If you're going to give me a wide selection of weapons at least let me be able to be successful while playing with them. Otherwise they might as well cut out a ton of them.

I don't mind a few small meat grinder maps where everyone on your team is going to post at least 10 kills. It's not fun when every map is basically running off of that strategy. I used to really love some of the older medium to larger sized maps.

But hey, that's probably why they have to recycle so many old maps.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like a little bit of open space where assault rifles, machine guns, and snipers actually mean something. It seems like these maps just get smaller and smaller (at least where the combat happens). They like to make it where no matter what the smg is going to be the gun of choice because you have to clear out so many tight spaces and rooms. Also, because of the rate of fire they'll catch more hit markers. If you're going to give me a wide selection of weapons at least let me be able to be successful while playing with them. Otherwise they might as well cut out a ton of them.

I don't mind a few small meat grinder maps where everyone on your team is going to post at least 10 kills. It's not fun when every map is basically running off of that strategy. I used to really love some of the older medium to larger sized maps.

But hey, that's probably why they have to recycle so many old maps.

Then you probably really liked Ghosts. Those multiplayer maps were too big for my taste. But I know what you mean with the tight spaces (hiding spots essentially). I like the maps that are small enough to allow a lot of action, but spaced out enough where some sort of accuracy skill is involved.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still play World at War if it wasn't hacked to high heaven. I've played Ghosts a few times at a buddy's house but it was pretty meh. It was kind of funny because hardly anybody was playing matchmaking (it was at night so it should have been peak hours).

I don't know if it was like this in Ghosts (of if it even had a zombies mode) but in Black Ops 2 if you leave one last crawler for the round so you can go hit up the random box, reload, and get goodies they made it so you'd hear zombie noises even if the last one wasn't even close to you. Before, they had just done it normally where you only heard it when it was near you. It can mess me up a lot especially if I think there is only one but there turns out to be a couple and I'm just thinking that noise is just the game being an asshole. :L So many decent runs ruined.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe Destiny will be released on all consoles. (ps3, ps4, xbox 360, x1)
That said, I'd expect a sizable difference between the new gen and old gen.

Also, on your list of games to look forward to.. The Division & Watch Dogs.
Plus, Halo 2 anniversary (its rumored right now...but expect the news to drop at E3)

As for CoD - looks beautiful. But I'll wait to see how the gameplay plays out...before I even consider buying another CoD game.

I have Watch Dogs on pre order. And I am all in on this COD game. I love BOPS and BOPS2 while couldn't stand MW3 or Ghosts. Treyarch COD games are still legit.

Every other COD game is Treyarch, but I saw no mention of them on Advanced Warfare, so I don't know. Will buy it for sure though. As it seems every other COD is good.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Battlefield 4 is the ultimate on line game right now IMO.

Surprisingly Killzone: Shadowfall has a good on multiplayer as well.