• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buyout Period / Cap Central 2013

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats good news i think.. homer spent a lot of time talking about patience in his pre-draft presser today too, which also makes me happy

.. but, knowing homer, that could mean he blows the entire roster up this weekend

Do you think the exception is ryan.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the exception is ryan.

jjg says its pietrangelo.. i'd believe pietrangelo before i'd believe ryan, but i have no idea.. pietrangelo seems unrealistic because theres no way he's available.. and i dont think ryan is worthy of '1 player he'd trade him for'.. but who knows :noidea:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jjg says its pietrangelo.. i'd believe pietrangelo before i'd believe ryan, but i have no idea.. pietrangelo seems unrealistic because theres no way he's available.. and i dont think ryan is worthy of '1 player he'd trade him for'.. but who knows :noidea:

Speaking of St louis i wouldnt mind having halak.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of St louis i wouldnt mind having halak.

me neither.. i think they could get him pretty cheap and he'd be a great split-time guy with a decent cap hit.. 3.75 if my memory is on today.. he might be 2nd to emery on my available goalie list

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like the bolts are going to buy out lecavalier.. anyone else intrigued?

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To clarify, I don't know if it's Pietrangelo. Somebody was speculating that it was him. The guy also said it would take more than just Coots to make that happen though.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not but this is gonna be a crazy offseason.

more truth.

people were speculating on whether or not the hawks would buy out hossa too.. teams seem very afraid of the recapture penalty, so a lot of everyone's favorite 'back-diving' contracts from the last CBA are candidates for a buyout

i really think luongo is going to be bought out too. now that bryz's contract is gone, and pronger is on LTIR, luongo might have the worst contract in hockey, both in terms of current and future ramifications

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Homer did the right thing as its a good time to have cap space with all these buyouts. May be some bargains out there.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more truth.

people were speculating on whether or not the hawks would buy out hossa too.. teams seem very afraid of the recapture penalty, so a lot of everyone's favorite 'back-diving' contracts from the last CBA are candidates for a buyout

i really think luongo is going to be bought out too. now that bryz's contract is gone, and pronger is on LTIR, luongo might have the worst contract in hockey, both in terms of current and future ramifications

And the truth is, who is out there that needs a goaltender? We still have Miller on trade block, Smith, Halak, and Emery just to think off the top of my head. I think Philly is in an excellent position here. Just my gut.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the truth is, who is out there that needs a goaltender? We still have Miller on trade block, Smith, Halak, and Emery just to think off the top of my head. I think Philly is in an excellent position here. Just my gut.

yep, i agree. aside from the flyers, the panthers and maybe the oilers are the only teams i can think of that will be looking for a goalie.. if they find a great deal the pens or sabres may look too, but i expect they'll stick with fluery and the sabres will give enroth a shot

the isles need a goalie too, forogt about them

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys forgot to mention that they lost Pronger and were crippled with injuries to their D last year. Also a young team who made a lot of mistakes. Otherwise can't disagree.