• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buyout Period / Cap Central 2013

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but how in the world can Homer take sole blame on the Bryz contract? If I'm not mistaken here, was it not Snider who made this decision? The media is killing Homer on this. I know Homer has been in a slump of late, but overall i think he's been pretty good.

Slayer31

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierre McGuire saying on radio this morning that Homer didn't get fired because the Bryz signing was ordered by the owner; ie Snider didn't just say "Go get a #1 goalie NOW!", he sayd "go get Bryzgalov NOW".

Old news, perhaps? I'd heard speculation as to how specific Syider's command was in the past, but I'd have to agree that Homer's continued employment put's that issue to bed...

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierre McGuire saying on radio this morning that Homer didn't get fired because the Bryz signing was ordered by the owner; ie Snider didn't just say "Go get a #1 goalie NOW!", he sayd "go get Bryzgalov NOW".

Old news, perhaps? I'd heard speculation as to how specific Syider's command was in the past, but I'd have to agree that Homer's continued employment put's that issue to bed...

I think we all can agree that no one on here from day 1 liked this contract. I specifically remember we all thought this would come back to bite us. Here we are today to revisit this. Lesson learned. Again, this is NOT on Homer. Snider needs to stay out and let Homer do his job.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, not sure if I should feel like a tool bc of our Flyer tool Timmy P actually brings up something that I've said on here for weeks now. Hiller and Ryan in a package.
Who's next in net for the Flyers? | Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia

i still think the bobby ryan / jonas hiller stuff is all media driven.. i really dont see that happening.. the flyers have been 'rumored' to be getting bobby ryan for like 5 years

I think we all can agree that no one on here from day 1 liked this contract. I specifically remember we all thought this would come back to bite us. Here we are today to revisit this. Lesson learned. Again, this is NOT on Homer. Snider needs to stay out and let Homer do his job.

exactly.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still think the bobby ryan / jonas hiller stuff is all media driven.. i really dont see that happening.. the flyers have been 'rumored' to be getting bobby ryan for like 5 years

exactly.

I wouldnt mind those two but who goes for them.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6a0120a6dde087970b017ee8aaf773970d-pi

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt mind those two but who goes for them.

i have no idea.. i would think couturier+ though.. i dont really know what the ducks would be looking for, i would think they'd want to hang on to ryan personally.. they dont really have a lot of top 6 wingers i dont think, and selanne cant play forever (can he?).. thats kinda why i dont see that as a realistic option

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see emery before hillier. You can't bury Mason at this point but keep a steady guy in the mix just in case like Awaz mentioned.

As for Bryz if the cap didn't drop I bet he's still here for another year. You always overpay for FA. In the end it was the right move as I don't think anyone realized how important it is for a goalie to handle the puck.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see emery before hillier. You can't bury Mason at this point but keep a steady guy in the mix just in case like Awaz mentioned.

As for Bryz if the cap didn't drop I bet he's still here for another year. You always overpay for FA. In the end it was the right move as I don't think anyone realized how important it is for a goalie to handle the puck.

:agree:

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to win some vcash. I can never quite get over the 150 mark damn it. Where the fuck is 4th these days?

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy hell I forgot to mention this to anyone who enjoys a great tasting beer. I know it's the wrong thread, sorry. First off, I hate American beer w exception of Samuel Adams. I'm even tired of most Canadien beers these days. European beers is what I have found to be the best beers in the world. You have got to try Beck's Saphire. I fucking love it. German beer is where it's at these days in my opinion.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 Thoughts: NHL buyouts no sure thing | Hockey | CBC Sports

15. Flyers fans live in constant paranoia over what Philly will do with its young players. Maybe this will help. I've found a few teams that have asked about Couturier over the last year or so. Holmgren refuses to do it, with one possible exception. I'm not including it because I can't prove it, but if true, it would have brought a strong (and young) return.

-------------------------------

Twitter speculation says that's prob Pietrangelo.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 Thoughts: NHL buyouts no sure thing | Hockey | CBC Sports

15. Flyers fans live in constant paranoia over what Philly will do with its young players. Maybe this will help. I've found a few teams that have asked about Couturier over the last year or so. Holmgren refuses to do it, with one possible exception. I'm not including it because I can't prove it, but if true, it would have brought a strong (and young) return.

-------------------------------

Twitter speculation says that's prob Pietrangelo.

thats good news i think.. homer spent a lot of time talking about patience in his pre-draft presser today too, which also makes me happy

.. but, knowing homer, that could mean he blows the entire roster up this weekend