• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buyout Period / Cap Central 2013

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know when/where the buyout period is spelled out. I am sure it is after the playoffs but I cannot find it spelled out.

THanksx

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
this is all I could find...

"As of now, compliance buyouts are scheduled to take place over the same brief timeframe as ordinary buyouts: Starting the latter of June 15 or 48 hours after the final Stanley Cup Final game, and ending at 5 p.m. Eastern on June 30. However, because of the late start to this abbreviated season, the latest the final playoff game could be is June 28 -- and 48 hours from June 28 is June 30 (which is also the day of the NHL draft).

Thus, expect the NHL to clarify the buy-out period at some point in the coming weeks."

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is all I could find...

"As of now, compliance buyouts are scheduled to take place over the same brief timeframe as ordinary buyouts: Starting the latter of June 15 or 48 hours after the final Stanley Cup Final game, and ending at 5 p.m. Eastern on June 30. However, because of the late start to this abbreviated season, the latest the final playoff game could be is June 28 -- and 48 hours from June 28 is June 30 (which is also the day of the NHL draft).

Thus, expect the NHL to clarify the buy-out period at some point in the coming weeks."

it's definitely going to get interesting.. there's no way they have buyouts before the cup finals are over.. that's a huge distraction/disadvantage to teams that are still playing and have someone they want to buy out

so the draft, buyouts, trades, free agency, everything, will be on the table at the end of june in to july 1st.. crazy!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's definitely going to get interesting.. there's no way they have buyouts before the cup finals are over.. that's a huge distraction/disadvantage to teams that are still playing and have someone they want to buy out

so the draft, buyouts, trades, free agency, everything, will be on the table at the end of june in to july 1st.. crazy!

I cant wait for the end of June having no team in the playoffs is like the worst thing ever!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of compliance buyouts, Seravalli says Bryz should go, and builds a reasonable case for it: Fixing the Flyers' goaltending

Decent goalie that cant handle the puck which hurts the offense and defense and just isnt worth the money and needs to go. He had his shot but 9% of the cap he is not worth

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont want to buyout bryz for the sake of buying him out. if they have a plan to use 2-3 of that on another decent goalie, and then use the other 2-3 to improve somewhere else, that's what i want to do.

if they're going to buy him out because they think mason is the answer and will find some way to improve the lineup w/ 5.9 mil extra to spend (and overpay someone most likely), then i think keeping bryz is the right play

i do think option 1 is what needs to happen though.. i dont think bryz/the team can handle the bryz/media clash

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont want to buyout bryz for the sake of buying him out. if they have a plan to use 2-3 of that on another decent goalie, and then use the other 2-3 to improve somewhere else, that's what i want to do.

if they're going to buy him out because they think mason is the answer and will find some way to improve the lineup w/ 5.9 mil extra to spend (and overpay someone most likely), then i think keeping bryz is the right play

i do think option 1 is what needs to happen though.. i dont think bryz/the team can handle the bryz/media clash

I just want to buy him out to get that contract off our books which wouldnt be buying him out for the sake of buying him out. There has got to be 10 goalies availible for a lot less money that could have the 32nd best GAA and a save % of .900

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to buy him out to get that contract off our books which wouldnt be buying him out for the sake of buying him out. There has got to be 10 goalies availible for a lot less money that could have the 32nd best GAA and a save % of .900

absolutely, 1 of the compliance buyouts has to be used on that contract (and will be IMO). the only thing up for debate in my eyes is whether they do it this summer or next summer.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be a lot of goalies available this year.
Miller,Price,Luongo all could be had.

Will be interesting if they give Bryz one more shot this year. They can buy him out next year if he shits the bed again.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be a lot of goalies available this year.
Miller,Price,Luongo all could be had.

Will be interesting if they give Bryz one more shot this year. They can buy him out next year if he shits the bed again.

He's been here two years now and to be honest this year was the better of his 2 years as embarassing as that is. i dont think one more shot is nessessary.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question is who else goes? Is danny b a definate buyout this summer?

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been here two years now and to be honest this year was the better of his 2 years as embarassing as that is. i dont think one more shot is nessessary.

The one shot I refer to is that they can buy him out followig next season as well. If they feel Mason can take the reins then he is gone. They will try to sign or trade for a veteren backup.

Regarding Danny Briere. I think the Flyers hold on to him. Just a gut feeling

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one shot I refer to is that they can buy him out followig next season as well. If they feel Mason can take the reins then he is gone. They will try to sign or trade for a veteren backup.

Regarding Danny Briere. I think the Flyers hold on to him. Just a gut feeling

I like danny b but hate the way he has digressed over the years and has that huge salary so i'm torn on him. I know a lot of people on here want him gone badly.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm ok either way with DB, but from all accounts it looks like he's gone. IMO they need to find another top 6 forward if they do that though, couts and schenn just haven't shown enough to be relied upon to fill that role

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm ok either way with DB, but from all accounts it looks like he's gone. IMO they need to find another top 6 forward if they do that though, couts and schenn just haven't shown enough to be relied upon to fill that role

How about Laughton? or Mcginn?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Laughton? or Mcginn?

there's a lot made about the team preventing goals, it needs to score more too. i dont see either of them replacing DB offensively.. not that he's been very good lately either, but that's what the team is missing. if G and voracek are on the same line, which they should be, there's nobody to spark offense left for the rest of the lineup.. simmonds, read, couturier, schenn, hartnell are all accessories to offense IMO, if that makes any sense to anyone.. there's nobody to really drive the offense

laughton and mcginn are more energy guys, i dont expect a ton of offense from either of them

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really think the Flyers hold on to Briere. Holmgren has given no indication whatsoever that he plans on buying him out, and even when asked about it, he seemed very pissed off.
I think Bryz is going to be the only buyout. I know Briere's offense has dropped and his age is getting up there and he has a ridiculous cap hit, but I think he serves a valuable purpose on this team. I don't think we can count on a 21 year old Schenn and 20 year old Coots to be our 2nd and 3rd line centers just yet. They still are 2-3 years away from that. 2 years more of Danny can't hurt.

I REALLY hope if they keep Danny they stop putting him on the wing. He would be a great 2nd/3rd line center if he can pick up his offensive game a bit.

I want Schenn on the wing.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the Flyers hold on to Briere. Holmgren has given no indication whatsoever that he plans on buying him out, and even when asked about it, he seemed very pissed off.
I think Bryz is going to be the only buyout. I know Briere's offense has dropped and his age is getting up there and he has a ridiculous cap hit, but I think he serves a valuable purpose on this team. I don't think we can count on a 21 year old Schenn and 20 year old Coots to be our 2nd and 3rd line centers just yet. They still are 2-3 years away from that. 2 years more of Danny can't hurt.

I REALLY hope if they keep Danny they stop putting him on the wing. He would be a great 2nd/3rd line center if he can pick up his offensive game a bit.

I want Schenn on the wing.

i think the long term plan is to have schenn be the 2C, so i dont think they'll move him to wing.. i agree 100% with putting danny in the middle though.. it's beyond a proven fact that he's better at C

i think they should try giroux at W to be honest.. that's where he played in juniors (RW) so it's not that foreign of a position for him.. when you have 4 guys who are supposed to play top 6 center, why not move the guy who grew up a winger, to wing? if ti doesn't work, move him back to C, but you've already tried schenn and briere at wing and it doesn't work, and couturier is a little too good defensively to move outside, so why not try it?

a voracek, briere, giroux trio could be terrifying G or voracek would have to adapt to LW though.. which may not work because you kinda need a physical presence with a left-wing lock, but who knows?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the long term plan is to have schenn be the 2C, so i dont think they'll move him to wing.. i agree 100% with putting danny in the middle though.. it's beyond a proven fact that he's better at C

i think they should try giroux at W to be honest.. that's where he played in juniors (RW) so it's not that foreign of a position for him.. when you have 4 guys who are supposed to play top 6 center, why not move the guy who grew up a winger, to wing? if ti doesn't work, move him back to C, but you've already tried schenn and briere at wing and it doesn't work, and couturier is a little too good defensively to move outside, so why not try it?

a voracek, briere, giroux trio could be terrifying G or voracek would have to adapt to LW though.. which may not work because you kinda need a physical presence with a left-wing lock, but who knows?

Giroux to wing would hurt us on faceoffs badly and we cant really afford that.