• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buck Gone

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Buck Curse has been officially broken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap:

Thank god for Felix. That's what an ace is supposed to do, pitch his team out of slumps. Dumb move though. I don't care if he wasn't that good. It was obviously a punch in the gut to the locker room and Z should have known better. But he's oblivious to that sort of thing.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think losing Buck is what led, directly or indirectly, to the mini-losing streak the M's just ended. They had losing streaks longer than that one when Buck was still here. Also, remember when this organization was criticized for focusing too much on "character" guys and not enough on talented guys? There was probably plenty of chemistry with those teams, but it didn't translate to wins. There have also been cases around the league over the years of teams having absolutely no chemistry (didn't talk to each other much, never hung out with each other, etc.) winning anyway.

I think it's great if the guys all like each other and hang out when they're not playing, but I think the whole idea of chemistry having an effect on wins and losses is overblown. It makes for good speculation and good article/thread topics, but I think that's about as far as it goes in most situations. I also don't think that veterans like Cano, Felix and Chavez would let something like this become a distraction or something that has a big impact on what goes on on the field. Being a professional athlete, especially in a team sport, means playing through adversity or continuing to focus or play well regardless of what's happening around you. The decisions made by the coaching staff and the front office won't always be popular in the clubhouse, but it's not their job to make popular decisions, it's their job to make decisions to make the team better.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on!! What else could it have been? And don't give me the 'lack of offense' excuse. We scored 5 runs in a game once this year so it can't be that.

:peace:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Buck | C
Angels sign John Buck to minor-league deal

----------------------

And the plot thickens....lol