• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buck Gone

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of has to be a move to make room on the roster for some type of deal doesn't it? At best Sucre would be a minimal upgrade and I can't even see a dude dumb as Jack screwing up the clubhouse for a backup. No way they are dealing for a catcher so if would point to them dealing for a RH bat. If they were making a deal with Walker in it then this move would be unnecessary.

It's Smoak, that's why they left him in Tacoma

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think there's some weird "Major League" thing going on with ownership. Being successful is against the plan because now there's going to be the expectation that we pick up the final pieces we need to contend in the off-season and that is just unacceptable. Or maybe Buck kind of sucked and just wasn't that much better than the alternative.

Players need to strap on a pair and keep doing what they've been doing. Zunino obviously has the staff in order and Buck isn't that much better than a guy off the street.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is only one thing I don't like about Buck getting released and that is becuase he was very well liked and respected by the other players. Like Zunino said he was the "glue". As far as skills behind the plate or at the plate I think it ends up being a wash in the whole scheme of things. Although I personally give a slight advantage to Sucre because I think he is an excellent behind the plate catcher.

This is a minor move in the whole scheme of things. There is no reason to overreact as fans or players. This should not hurt the teams chances of winning games if it does then the team doesn't deserve to win anyway.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is only one thing I don't like about Buck getting released and that is becuase he was very well liked and respected by the other players. Like Zunino said he was the "glue". As far as skills behind the plate or at the plate I think it ends up being a wash in the whole scheme of things. Although I personally give a slight advantage to Sucre because I think he is an excellent behind the plate catcher.

This is a minor move in the whole scheme of things. There is no reason to overreact as fans or players. This should not hurt the teams chances of winning games if it does then the team doesn't deserve to win anyway.

If this isn't a set up move then it doesn't make sense. Baseball is more about chemistry than any other sport, the Mariners record is exceeding their talents and just letting the guy go makes no sense. He's a back up so it's not as though he was counted on to contribute, just to spell Zunino.

Screwing with a good thing just for a backup player just is a recipe for disaster.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this isn't a set up move then it doesn't make sense. Baseball is more about chemistry than any other sport, the Mariners record is exceeding their talents and just letting the guy go makes no sense. He's a back up so it's not as though he was counted on to contribute, just to spell Zunino.

Screwing with a good thing just for a backup player just is a recipe for disaster.

I almost completely disagree, I played baseball my entire life on many different teams. Many times on teams where all players were strangers to start off with. Its one of the only sports where your teams success depends on individual perforamances all taking place at different times. Your entire team doesn't hit all at the same time, they hit one at a time and the pitcher throws to one batter at a time. It is also one of the easiest sports to build new "chemistry" with new players especially if you already have good "chemistry".

As professional baseball players at the level they are at if loosing John Buck hurts their feelings so much that they can't win ball games then this team is a bunch of frickin pussy's that deserve to loose.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just say, chemistry matters. Worth how many wins? No way to tell. Just like 'heart' when describing a player. It doesn't show up in stats, but you can see what it means to a tam during a season.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just say, chemistry matters. Worth how many wins? No way to tell. Just like 'heart' when describing a player. It doesn't show up in stats, but you can see what it means to a tam during a season.

I don't disagree with "chemistry" mattering I actually think it does to a certain extent. Baseball is a very mental game and getting along with your team and having fun can make the game easier.

What I disagree with is the idea of John Buck getting DFA'ed is a bad move because of his "chemistry" with the team, unless cutting Buck loose was so the M's can make a trade to improve the roster with a brand new guy, only then will Buck's "chemistry" not matter. ( Im saying all that in a sarcastic voice.)

I also believe chemistry can be had in different ways. Are the M's winning ball games because of chemistry? Or does the team have chemistry because they are winning?.... My answer is probably a little bit of both.

If these ball players at the major league level can't perform because John Buck isn't on the bench cheering them on then this team was destined to lose anyway.

I am shocked how much this move bugs a lot of you on this thread... I am also shocked how much some of these posts on here have bugged me!!! Finally I am shocked that I have posted three times on this particular thread about a backup catcher!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-2 w/o Buck. :suds:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost completely disagree, I played baseball my entire life on many different teams. Many times on teams where all players were strangers to start off with. Its one of the only sports where your teams success depends on individual perforamances all taking place at different times. Your entire team doesn't hit all at the same time, they hit one at a time and the pitcher throws to one batter at a time. It is also one of the easiest sports to build new "chemistry" with new players especially if you already have good "chemistry".

As professional baseball players at the level they are at if loosing John Buck hurts their feelings so much that they can't win ball games then this team is a bunch of frickin pussy's that deserve to loose.

Well we will completely disagree with that. IMO, a team with great chemistry and talent almost always beats greats talent with no chemistry.

In baseball chemistry is huge because of how many games and all the time you spend with one another, it is an individual statistical sport but I've seen talented teams with fractured locker rooms and it isn't a great environment. Great chemistry can lead to great moral, bad chemistry can lead to bad moral which snowballs from a bad game. You need talent, but you need guys who will fight for each other and be there for one another when times are down.

The 2001 Mariners were nowhere close to the most talented team nor the most talented ever nor the most talented team that season yet their chemistry IMO is what helped them to win 116 games.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well put. My point exactly.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let the buck post hoc claims begin!

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BEEDEEBEEDEEBEEDEE...So long, Buck.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain to me again why Sucre was called up? Zunino starts again so it isn't the excuse about him needing a break. Not playing Sucre takes out the theory he was hitting well in Tacoma and needed a better bat right now. M's confuse me.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain to me again why Sucre was called up? Zunino starts again so it isn't the excuse about him needing a break. Not playing Sucre takes out the theory he was hitting well in Tacoma and needed a better bat right now. M's confuse me.

I was wondering about this as well. At least have him come in as a right hander when Saunders came out, shit... better than Ackley.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with Ackley batting there? He looked great like a deer in the headlights. :doh:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the Seattle Mariners.... Weird moves... I remember Jeff Nelson before the trading deadline years back voicing his disappointment that the team made no moves saying the fans in Seattle deserve better... The next day they cut is ass... lol

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the Seattle Mariners.... Weird moves... I remember Jeff Nelson before the trading deadline years back voicing his disappointment that the team made no moves saying the fans in Seattle deserve better... The next day they cut is ass... lol

Yup.

Can you name another team where 3 managers quit on them in a decade? That says a lot about this franchise because managers never quit and we have had 3!!!!!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

Can you name another team where 3 managers quit on them in a decade? That says a lot about this franchise because managers never quit and we have had 3!!!!!

Man I didn't realize we had 3 quit... That does speak volumes...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Buck Curse has been officially broken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: