• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners Trade Kelenic & Marco

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line..
Fans..want..xxxxxxxxx
For there.money..there.not.
Going to get.it..
Cuz Stanton..is dipping into.
The money...

Mariners .money..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There not .getting there.
Money's worth..
Are tickets going down..

No there not ....end of story

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay and whom have they brought in so far to change that? Still too to early ask?

Well I would say so I think it would be asking for too much to have the 2024 lineup already set in early December. This is the part of the offseason where players are set into free agency and traded away for cap space. Once players are signed and moves are made and teams are heading into spring THEN start bashing the lineup.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
........Nick Senzel for my Reds was talented too. Doesn't make him a good ball player.
Not sure what your point is there. Kelenic was a better player than DeLaCruz was, and how would you feel if he was dealt so they could offload contracts?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would say so I think it would be asking for too much to have the 2024 lineup already set in early December. This is the part of the offseason where players are set into free agency and traded away for cap space. Once players are signed and moves are made and teams are heading into spring THEN start bashing the lineup.
No one is asking for the lineup to be completely set. Most want for them to be looking for 1 or 2 bats instead of the 5 they have to get to be competitive.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a couple of days ago I was willing to wait out the next couple of weeks before getting too up in arms, but this recent news of budget cutback from ownership is complete and utter bullshit! JeDi and Scott deserve a fair amount of handwringing for dumbshit decisions over the years, but I genuinely feel bad for what this completely incompetent ownership group has done to them if what is being reported is true. If they sent these guys into the offseason with a clear scope of budget only to pull the rug out from under them days before going into the Winter Meetings they should be stripped of their ownership. How in the hell does this team get on the doorstep of playoff runs after decades of below mediocrity only to have the ownership group intentionally stick a wrench directly in the heart of progress?!?! I am beyond pissed off, frustrated, bewildered, and every other dejected feeling we should all have but being shocked is not one of them. Stanton is a mega nerd that should have never bought this team and if we could ever be so lucky convinces himself that this isn’t the business for him to be in. Billionaire owners get revenue streams outside of baseball, this should somewhat be a hobby focused on winning for the organization, the fans, and the city they reside. If you can’t afford to win then FTFO!!!!

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a couple of days ago I was willing to wait out the next couple of weeks before getting too up in arms, but this recent news of budget cutback from ownership is complete and utter bullshit! JeDi and Scott deserve a fair amount of handwringing for dumbshit decisions over the years, but I genuinely feel bad for what this completely incompetent ownership group has done to them if what is being reported is true. If they sent these guys into the offseason with a clear scope of budget only to pull the rug out from under them days before going into the Winter Meetings they should be stripped of their ownership. How in the hell does this team get on the doorstep of playoff runs after decades of below mediocrity only to have the ownership group intentionally stick a wrench directly in the heart of progress?!?! I am beyond pissed off, frustrated, bewildered, and every other dejected feeling we should all have but being shocked is not one of them. Stanton is a mega nerd that should have never bought this team and if we could ever be so lucky convinces himself that this isn’t the business for him to be in. Billionaire owners get revenue streams outside of baseball, this should somewhat be a hobby focused on winning for the organization, the fans, and the city they reside. If you can’t afford to win then FTFO!!!!

This I agree it is terrible when owners are cheap with their franchise which makes me ask why are you even an owner? An owner before anything should be a fan of the team or at least the sport.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I agree it is terrible when owners are cheap with their franchise which makes me ask why are you even an owner? An owner before anything should be a fan of the team or at least the sport.
The ownership group didn’t really change hands, money was just exchanged to turned the Nintendo guys son into a minority owner. The cheap part vs a fan thing is different. Paul Allen didn’t like football or even care about the Seahawks. But unlike the Mariners, when the city and county basically illegally funded their stadiums Paul Allen considered himself a steward for the city. The Mariners owners haven’t when it comes to on the field. Off the field they are one of the best run organizations in American sports.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dipoto should run for political office. He lies about as good as anyone in Olympia or DC.
Dipoto staff member : Jerry, should we just call it what it is? A fire sale?"
Dipoto: "Absolutely not. Anyone who calls it a fire sale can expect their pink slip shortly. Fire sales don't sell season tickets. We'll give it a positive twist with a chocolate swirl on top."

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLBTR headline: Mariners showing interest in Jorge Soler
Yeah, that makes sense. Let's cut loose all of our '3-outcome' guys and then hire another one back.
Dipoto: "Hell yeah, see what I did there? I got us a 32-year-old outfielder who hit 48 home runs five years ago!"

Geno Soler/Jorge Suarez - minus the excellent defense.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought Fletcher would be a good Mariner.

Jeff Passan

@JeffPassan
·
5m
The Atlanta Braves are acquiring infielder David Fletcher and catcher Max Stassi in a trade with the Los Angeles Angels for first baseman Evan White and right-handed reliever Tyler Thomas, sources tell ESPN.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what your point is there. Kelenic was a better player than DeLaCruz was, and how would you feel if he was dealt so they could offload contracts?
When was Kelenic ever better than Elly?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks. I'll go ahead and bash the lineup now. If ownership had developed a trust with the fan base, to do the right thing, then, yes, it would be too early to bash the lineup.

But, we fans who have been following the team for decades have seen this scam pulled on us time and time again. So, now, right now, is a perfectly fine time to bash the lineup.

Honestly, the Kelenic and Suarez trades are the types of trades we usually see Tamp Bay, Oakland, Pittsburgh, Kansas City orchestrate. The Mariners have long since worn out any reason for me to remain optimistic that money is being moved in prep for something big. It isn't.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought Fletcher would be a good Mariner.

Jeff Passan

@JeffPassan
·
5m
The Atlanta Braves are acquiring infielder David Fletcher and catcher Max Stassi in a trade with the Los Angeles Angels for first baseman Evan White and right-handed reliever Tyler Thomas, sources tell ESPN.
So the Braves have already jettisoned Gonzales and White. Kelenic is going to thrive in that lineup. He'll have more protection than Fort Knox.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Braves have already jettisoned Gonzales and White. Kelenic is going to thrive in that lineup. He'll have more protection than Fort Knox.
Yep, best thing for him.Mariners are like a charity. They are spreading love throughout baseball...Sell!

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be surprised to see .300/40/100 from Jarred this year, assuming he doesn't punch any water coolers. Would not shock me in the least.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be surprised to see .300/40/100 from Jarred this year, assuming he doesn't punch any water coolers. Would not shock me in the least.
If that is the case then the 27 Yankees need a new nickname cause the Braves would be the real murders row.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was Kelenic ever better than Elly?
Basically all of last year.
WAR
Kelenic oWAR 1.5, dWAR 0.0
DeLaCruz oWAR 1.3, dWAR -0.1

OPS+
Kelenic 109
DeLaCruz 89

Completely superior offensively and defensively despite the fact that Kelenic played in a pitchers park while DeLaCruz played in a hitter;s park.

Your guy steal bases. I'll give you that. And made a highlight reel for stealing home. But him stealing more bases doesn't make him a better player.