• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Browns 'stunned' by Johnny Manziel's nonstop partying"

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You draft a kid with a reputation for partying and being a free spirit, give him millions, and then you're surprised he's living it up ?? Guess that explains why the francise has suffered over the years.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he wants to get benched?

I know he comes from money. But now he has his own. $4.3 million garaunteed, with 8.2 mill over the next four years. Prior to the draft he signed an endorsement deal with Nike too, the "highest for a rookie." So in his first season, he should see about 13 million+.

And I'll never forget when a reporter once asked Steve "Mongo" McMichael if he could play any position on the team, what would it be? His answer: backup QB.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are truly surprised Cleveland needs to close up shop.

In other news, water is wet.

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to be one of their scouts right now, every fan of college football or someone who just happened to flip onto ESPN for 5 seconds knew about his partying; must have been a slow day in sports for someone to come up with this story

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No love for the video link?

:ohwell:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he wants to get benched?

I know he comes from money. But now he has his own. $4.3 million garaunteed, with 8.2 mill over the next four years. Prior to the draft he signed an endorsement deal with Nike too, the "highest for a rookie." So in his first season, he should see about 13 million+.

And I'll never forget when a reporter once asked Steve "Mongo" McMichael if he could play any position on the team, what would it be? His answer: backup QB.

I'll never forget the rhinestoned tuxes that Mongo would dress his chiuhuahua up in for Monday Night Nitro.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol..well I watched. . Kept wondering when Johnny Football and the disapproving coach would show up, and why the ad for this weird old movie was so dammed long. :suds:

Hey - don't be dissin' "Mean Streets", now...:tsk:

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't plan to take any browns' players in the drafts this year because I am NOT rooting for this guy.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was just reading some articles about Johnny Football regressing in camp since OTAs.
CBS was lambasting the Browns for even drafting him...........unless you go back to their draft grades in May.
They were praising the Browns for getting Manziel with their 2nd pick in the first round, claiming that the team needed a franchise QB, and that this turd was a good draft pick.

Now, I kind of want him to be good for 2-3 games then suck, so CBS can say that they told us all that the Browns got a good draft pick, only to have it slap them in the face once again.

Love all the backtracking now that everyone realizes that this kid is only in it for himself.

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft grades are the dumbest things the night of the draft; shouldn't even be allowed to write them until 3 - 4 years after the draft to see how the player pans out

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was just reading some articles about Johnny Football regressing in camp since OTAs.
CBS was lambasting the Browns for even drafting him...........unless you go back to their draft grades in May.
They were praising the Browns for getting Manziel with their 2nd pick in the first round, claiming that the team needed a franchise QB, and that this turd was a good draft pick.

Now, I kind of want him to be good for 2-3 games then suck, so CBS can say that they told us all that the Browns got a good draft pick, only to have it slap them in the face once again.

Love all the backtracking now that everyone realizes that this kid is only in it for himself.

Call me crazy, but I want to actually see him play in the NFL before I pass ultimate judgement on him.

DuffBeer Doug

Burn on big river,burn on
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a non-story Wil. It started with the Browns telling Manziel to tone it down. Then someone reported that they were surprised by his behavior prior to camp opening up. Then Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, who is the biggest ambulance chaser in sports news, parroted it back in one of her columns. From there, Yahoo picked it up and called Mary Kay one of the Browns' most reliable sources (hard to keep from laughing at this). And now SeeBS is running with it.

And the thing that gets me most is that SeeBS bashed the Browns for not taking him at #4. Then they barely applauded getting him later in the first round as they simultaneously bashed the Browns for trading back up to get their #1 rated CB and then to get Manziel.

Chalk it up to a slow news day in the offseason.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I just thought Manziel looks a little like DeNiro so I thought the clip would be funny and was looking for an excuse to post it. :smokin: