• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mac/Zap A Problem or No??

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corral has an interesting high school background.

First, he went to a special private high school. He was allowed on a scholarship or something because he was a QB prospect. As a Sophomore his main WR was Michael Pittman (Colts) who caught 86 passes for 1990 yards and 16 TDs.

The high school was Oak Christian in Calif.

Problems started in his Junior year when he punched out some movie mogul's kid. He got warned but decided to vent at a newspaper reporter. He said that the school was for dumb rich kids who could never make it in the real world. Wasn't much the school could do because it's pretty much true. After his Senior year ended he was at a basketball game and some kid called him out and a fist fight ensued on the basketball court. The kid's father happened to be a huge financial supporter of the school and a pretty famous guy. Wayne Gretzky. Again, thing got smoothed over and Corral played college ball, was a Heisman candidate until all of the high school stuff came to light. Corral was supposed to go high in the first round but like many before him, bad stories and a bad reputation for not being able to control his temper or his mouth got him in trouble. Especially after the draft when he said that the NFL coaching club discriminated against U Miss. players.

I couldn't remember every little detail from the conversations on NFLN, NESN, BST, BSTF or EE. Tried to put it together as best I could.

Anyway, the consensus is that Corral has a ton of talent. His temper is questionable off the field, but he he's played lights out on the field. Most of the Panthers' film shown has been him throwing and running and scoring against the Patriots. He pretty mush tore them up in the first preseason game. That's where BB and BOB started looking to see whether or not he'd be on the Panthers' 53 man roster. When he became available they grabbed him.

Two things about him being on the roster. They think that he'll push Mac a bit, just the way JG pushed TB12. The other is that he's football smart and picks up offenses very well. Zap was not BOB's choice to come off the PS if Mac went down. If something happens to Mac against the Eagles, 10 days may not be enough time for Corral to get fully comfortable with the Patriots' Alabama style offense. It could be a really tough start for Corral if he has to take over against the Eagles defense. According to BB, he will get reps with the first team offense and will be Jalen Hurt on the scout team.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, there's some really lovely places in MA. The end of the Cape, the Berkshires, downtown Boston, to name a few.

But then there's some real cesspool level shit. And I'm no fan of the suburbs there. And fuck the winter.
Yeah, I'm well aware. And I agree 100%.

I miss it dearly and am so glad I'm gone.