• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Begins Today

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what would he bring that Mayo would not?
The truth? Experience.

Experience in dealing with multiple coaches.
Experience in putting together a complete game plan.
Experience in the administration of an NFL Football team.
Experience in the draft.

Basically, he has the experience in areas that Mayo does not.

The next question would be: Can Mayo bring fresh ideas that will be successful??

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth? Experience.

Experience in dealing with multiple coaches.
Experience in putting together a complete game plan.
Experience in the administration of an NFL Football team.
Experience in the draft.

Basically, he has the experience in areas that Mayo does not.

The next question would be: Can Mayo bring fresh ideas that will be successful??
All of that may be true but it's not like Mayo is not involved with that stuff to some degree. And the fact is Vrabel has a failing record, I can't see him as an upgrade over BB or potentially Mayo.

If selected he would be a pick to tickle the anus's of an ass tight fan bases incapable of accepting the variables that lead to a bad season.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of that may be true but it's not like Mayo is not involved with that stuff to some degree. And the fact is Vrabel has a failing record, I can't see him as an upgrade over BB or potentially Mayo.

If selected he would be a pick to tickle the anus's of an ass tight fan bases incapable of accepting the variables that lead to a bad season.
I know a lot of successful head coaches have greater success in their second or third stop, and I love Vrabel, but he hasn't shown me in six years that he should either replace Bill or cut in line in front of Mayo.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of that may be true
What I wrote is the only 'Difference.' Didn't say that it makes him better, only that he has experience that Mayo does not in running the entire operation.

Sucess or lack of it doesn't make any difference. Experience and knowledge have a tendency to tip the scales toward that individual.

Personally, I think Mayo would be a breath of fresh air, even though he's still a limb of the BB tree.

I wold much rather see a completely unattached OC like Hackett, Johnson or Callahan come in and bring a completely new staff. It would be like turning a field that hasn't been used for fifteen years and planting a new crop. You have to hope that the sun shines and it rains every six or seven days.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I wrote is the only 'Difference.' Didn't say that it makes him better, only that he has experience that Mayo does not in running the entire operation.

Sucess or lack of it doesn't make any difference. Experience and knowledge have a tendency to tip the scales toward that individual.

Personally, I think Mayo would be a breath of fresh air, even though he's still a limb of the BB tree.

I wold much rather see a completely unattached OC like Hackett, Johnson or Callahan come in and bring a completely new staff. It would be like turning a field that hasn't been used for fifteen years and planting a new crop. You have to hope that the sun shines and it rains every six or seven days.
Yep, not arguing or disagreeing, just pointing out I don't see it as an upgrade

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOX News Mobile is reporting that is done and that Kraft and Belichick came to a compromise that Kraft doesn't have to pay $25M to BB this year and Bill is free to go wherever he wants. Everyone wins. No one looks like a shmuck.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chemistry plays a huge part in building teams at all levels.

Is Mayo or Vrabel more of a team guy?

Who's to say if Mayo gets the job he doesn't replace some or all on the staff? Or Vrabel for that matter?

Do either of them have a better friendship with Nick C? After Nick's comments I'd love to see him back.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chemistry plays a huge part in building teams at all levels.

Is Mayo or Vrabel more of a team guy?

Who's to say if Mayo gets the job he doesn't replace some or all on the staff? Or Vrabel for that matter?

Do either of them have a better friendship with Nick C? After Nick's comments I'd love to see him back.
Vrabel, Nick Caserio, Skippy McD as OC...It'll be like It'll be just like Phil Collins stepping up to the mic when Peter Gabriel split.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the Patriots hired linebackers coach Jerod Mayo as the team’s head coach.
A succession plan was firmly in place for Mayo, who had become one of the league’s most trusted defensive assistants in the final years of Bill Belichick’s run as head coach. Belichick on Thursday parted ways with the Pats and the team took little time to make the move to Mayo, 37, who played linebacker for New England from 2008 to 2015. The Patriots could hire Mayo without interviewing other candidates because of specific language in his contract detailing a succession plan post-Belichick. Mayo will take over a team with one of the NFL’s worst offensive personnel and a strong defense. The Patriots have the third pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots could hire Mayo without interviewing other candidates because of specific language in his contract detailing a succession plan post-Belichick.
I don't believe that an individual contract supercedes the league and CBA rules. From everything I've read and heard, the Patriots still must follow the Rooney Rule and interview two minority candidate outside of the Patriots' organization before they can hire anyone to be HC.