• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Broncos/Titans...Time to see those mighty Titans fall once again

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you like norwood and fowler bud. I just am not a big fan of what I have seen on tape. I hear both are great guys and I hope they turn it around, but the guy could be jesus christ himself at QB... if he is struggling I am not above calling him out (looking at you Mr. Tebow Christ!) lol

also latimer has been dealing with concussions this year which kinda of matters... but you are right, he has got three THREEEEE undrafted WR who have earned playing time in front of him. That's as big of an indictment as one can get.

I do like both guys, and with that said, I am disappointed with Norwood as much as anyone .. There are guys in this league that are very easy to root for, and Norwood is one of them - in terms of going undrafted and being cut by a few other teams, plus, he's just a well spoken good human being by all accounts ..

He's limited on the field, but I love the fearless attitude - it worked in the Super Bowl, but so far this season, he's been disappointing ..

At this point, I think Fowler still has some upside - I can't say he's been a disappointment, but he could have made a play yesterday that would have changed the game, and probably the entire season ..

But when the entire team struggles to get double digit rushing yards, it is hard to blame a WR for one drop

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although there were some flashes of coming around in the 4th quarter, that game was difficult to watch. I saw a Titans team that simply imposed their will on the Broncos. The score didn't indicate the suffocating nature of the game. Although the defense kept it close enough to give the Broncos a chance in the end, they allowed the Titans running game to chew them up for 3 full quarters. The offense is just clearly broken right now. Anything can happen but it looks to me like this just isn't going to be our year. I have very low confidence that the Broncos will even get into the post season at this point.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like both guys, and with that said, I am disappointed with Norwood as much as anyone .. There are guys in this league that are very easy to root for, and Norwood is one of them - in terms of going undrafted and being cut by a few other teams, plus, he's just a well spoken good human being by all accounts ..

He's limited on the field, but I love the fearless attitude - it worked in the Super Bowl, but so far this season, he's been disappointing ..

At this point, I think Fowler still has some upside - I can't say he's been a disappointment, but he could have made a play yesterday that would have changed the game, and probably the entire season ..

But when the entire team struggles to get double digit rushing yards, it is hard to blame a WR for one drop

agreed the real issue is the inability of the running game. When the mantra all season was building a tough run first offense and we get this? Its a level BELOW disappointing

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue I have with Kubiak. He did not exploit the known mismatches until the 2nd half. Sanders and DT were mismatches against the Tenn CBs and it took Kubiak 2 1/2 qtrs. to start throwing to these guys they pay to make plays.

I get frustrated when you watch BB and his coaches each week exploit the know mismatches while Kubiak has trotted out the same crap offense for the last 2 years.

You can't run the ball with the scrubs you brought in to play Oline so don't try. Use the 3 players who can make plays. TS, ES and DT.

Also scrap your scripted plays. 1 TD in the first 15 plays in 13 games.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Fly Zone destroys another QB who came in with very good numbers
They are not really the issue nor really the defense after they figured out the Titans running scheme . The issue is the slow starting offense.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Fly Zone destroys another QB who came in with very good numbers
They are not really the issue nor really the defense after they figured out the Titans running scheme . The issue is the slow starting offense.

Agreed. Anytiem the defense holds a team to just 13, they have done their job.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue I have with Kubiak. He did not exploit the known mismatches until the 2nd half. Sanders and DT were mismatches against the Tenn CBs and it took Kubiak 2 1/2 qtrs. to start throwing to these guys they pay to make plays.

I get frustrated when you watch BB and his coaches each week exploit the know mismatches while Kubiak has trotted out the same crap offense for the last 2 years.

You can't run the ball with the scrubs you brought in to play Oline so don't try. Use the 3 players who can make plays. TS, ES and DT.

I somewhat agree but if the Broncos throw every down with that o line there will be no QB's healthy on there roster. Throwing every down at Arrowhead equals Trevor being destroyed. I was surprised Trevor made it through the whole Chiefs game and look how banged up he got. This team doesn't need to be great at running the ball but converting the 3rd and shorts running and in the redzone it is a must for this team in my opinion to at least be a decent offense. Elway dropped the ball on this oline and who he got in free agency. Plus some of the high draftt picks on the o line. No way around that at all. Hard for many of you to say but Elway fucked up and the players aren't getting any better on the o line. This is where there problems for there whole team starts. The defense wouldn't have to be on the field as much if they could run the ball and all these missed chances in the redzone wouldn't happen. That's how scoring 10 points happens. That's why they made the Falcons, Jaguars, and Chargers defenses look good. Without any running game there is no playaction or bootlegs which obviously we don't see much due to the lack of a running game. If this team had an average o line and running game they would be in position to win the division. Peace.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Kubiak or whomever tried to go too far downfield too often. When they did throw underneath, it was 3rd and 8 or 3rd and 14 or 3rd and 10. 4 or 5 yard passes are useless in those 3rd down scenarios. I also thoink Sanders was ignored way too often. Siemian was zeroing in on DT or Derby and that's where he was throwing the ball. On how many replays did you see Sanders with an arm up in the air running laterally about 15 yards up field?? Something is very wrong there......

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Kubiak or whomever tried to go too far downfield too often. When they did throw underneath, it was 3rd and 8 or 3rd and 14 or 3rd and 10. 4 or 5 yard passes are useless in those 3rd down scenarios. I also thoink Sanders was ignored way too often. Siemian was zeroing in on DT or Derby and that's where he was throwing the ball. On how many replays did you see Sanders with an arm up in the air running laterally about 15 yards up field?? Something is very wrong there......

Agree they should be throwing to Sanders more often. That guys ability to get open is something to behold. I wouldn't say he zeroed in on Derby though. Derby had 5 targets and had 5 catches in the game. I have loved the addition of Derby even after the fumble to end the game. Yes huge mistake but easy to see the talent this kid brings to the field and that he is quickly becoming our 3rd option in the pass game. Also much better blocker than I thought he would be.

Really our problem in the passing game is that our OL doesn't hold up very well and beyond Derby, DT, and Sanders we just have nothing. We just watched a great pass by Siemian into the end zone late in the game bounce off the face mask of Fowler. Should have been a catch to take the lead instead ends up being a huge drop that could be part of the reason we miss the playoffs.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't get that. Didn't see game but if Denver only ran ball like 10 times in " whole game " , where was ball going first half ?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get that. Didn't see game but if Denver only ran ball like 10 times in " whole game " , where was ball going first half ?

We had so many 3 and outs that there were not enough plays to hardly register anything.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had so many 3 and outs that there were not enough plays to hardly register anything.
Well then I assume they were at least attempting to get ball to Thomas and Sanders. I know Titans secondary has been their Achilles heel as of lately so I would have to guess that in first half that Denver did target Sanders and Thomas but there must of been a prob with pass pro, play calls, penalties, separation,etc that caused the passing game to be so inept in first half compared to 2nd half. It's not like Tennessee was worried about stopping run in 2nd half. If I had to venture on my guess as to why the pass game opened up more in 2nd half.........execution and the O line only had to focus on pass pro.

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos Early Round (first three rounds) Offensive Picks since Elway has taken over :
2011: Orlando Franklin (2nd round)
2012: Brock Osweiler and Ronnie Hillman (2nd round)
2013: Montee Ball (2nd round)
2014: Cody Latimer (2nd round) and Michael Schofield (3rd round)
2015: Ty Sambrailo (2nd round) and Jeff Heurerman (3rd round)
2016: Paxton Lynch (1st round)
And we wonder why our offense has been struggling. We have been absolutely horrible at drafting and developing talent on the offensive side of the ball since Elway has taken over. Only one of these players are offering us any value on the offense right now, and that is Michael Schofield. Osweiler we all see is mediocre, Siemian honestly is better than him. And Franklin is good to great when healthy but we let him walk. We need to bring in some new directors of scouting for the offensive side of the ball because it is these direct picks as to why our offense is in the sad state it is in right now.

Well, I would disagree with this to an extent.

Franklin is an NFL starter... pretty good to get in mid 2nd

Brock was an ego pick ... horrible decision (those who know me can probably tell you all the ways I hated this pick). Hillman at the backend of rd 3 (not rd 2) was good value considering how few 3rd rd picks pan out.

Ball... you need to consider who was available... not much lacy had some success but unreliable work ethic and Christine Michael has been unproductive. Kielce is a good player but we had two up and coming young tes.

Latimer was universally cheered but there were better picks after him.

Sambrailo is struggling but nobody selected immediately after is doing much... would be nice to have t Coleman or d Johnson (almost full rd later) but if you go back far enough you can always find someone, but then you're ignoring all the other front offices missing all over this part of the draft. Late 2nd rd 3rd rd isn't easy.

Too early to say much about lynch

Basically Denver has used all our most valuable picks on D ... it won us a championship hard to complain about that.

My opinion is that the OL woes are a tad overblown ... crazy I know but hear me out. The run game was ok not great early with CJ even with Siemen growing into a starter. It has mainly been the inept running by Booker... he follows his blockers straight into the teeth of the d and never cuts back... the whole point of our system. Bibbs before getting injured flashed great runs cutting back and its unfortunate he got injured early in the kc game on a good run after more ineffective booker. Then forsett fumbles on the best run we've seen in weeks, his first carry. That forced the team back to booker. But when he got more chances he flashed... and busted an even better run only to get it called back. Bookers confidence is shot and he needs to play in a reserve role for awhile see if he can rebuild confidence and hopefully develop better patience and vision.

Rt is atrocious but that can be fixed in fa. I would say ol play league wide is in horrible shape.. we aren't the only team struggling with that.

I'm encouraged by Trevor, he makes some good throws but he can't carry the offense and we have to commit to running (how many first qtr drives start with passes)... CJ may get back and I think you'll see forsett breathe some life into the run game... he's not a savior, but any facsimileof a run game should allow the offense to start being productive. It's not our season but you had to know it would be tough starting a 2nd yr player at qb.

I think the bigger issue is that quite frankly our special teams sucks and has killed us and I believe fowler has now cost us two games ( think he was the one who dropped what would have been game sealing bomb downfield and let the ball bounce off his face mask in the end zone against Tennessee (think that would have been go ahead.. but maybe I'm off on that)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brock was an ego pick ... horrible decision (those who know me can probably tell you all the ways I hated this pick). Hillman at the backend of rd 3 (not rd 2) was good value considering how few 3rd rd picks pan out.

Ball... you need to consider who was available... not much lacy had some success but unreliable work ethic and Christine Michael has been unproductive. Kielce is a good player but we had two up and coming young tes.

Sambrailo is struggling but nobody selected immediately after is doing much... would be nice to have t Coleman or d Johnson (almost full rd later) but if you go back far enough you can always find someone, but then you're ignoring all the other front offices missing all over this part of the draft. Late 2nd rd 3rd rd isn't easy.

Basically Denver has used all our most valuable picks on D ... it won us a championship hard to complain about that.

My opinion is that the OL woes are a tad overblown ... crazy I know but hear me out. The run game was ok not great early with CJ even with Siemen growing into a starter. It has mainly been the inept running by Booker... he follows his blockers straight into the teeth of the d and never cuts back... the whole point of our system. Bibbs before getting injured flashed great runs cutting back and its unfortunate he got injured early in the kc game on a good run after more ineffective booker. Then forsett fumbles on the best run we've seen in weeks, his first carry. That forced the team back to booker. But when he got more chances he flashed... and busted an even better run only to get it called back. Bookers confidence is shot and he needs to play in a reserve role for awhile see if he can rebuild confidence and hopefully develop better patience and vision.

Rt is atrocious but that can be fixed in fa. I would say ol play league wide is in horrible shape.. we aren't the only team struggling with that.

I'm encouraged by Trevor, he makes some good throws but he can't carry the offense and we have to commit to running (how many first qtr drives start with passes)... CJ may get back and I think you'll see forsett breathe some life into the run game... he's not a savior, but any facsimileof a run game should allow the offense to start being productive. It's not our season but you had to know it would be tough starting a 2nd yr player at qb.

I think the bigger issue is that quite frankly our special teams sucks and has killed us and I believe fowler has now cost us two games ( think he was the one who dropped what would have been game sealing bomb downfield and let the ball bounce off his face mask in the end zone against Tennessee (think that would have been go ahead.. but maybe I'm off on that)

JDL IN DA HOUSE ....

On the first series Sunday, it looked like Trevor audibled out of a running play on 2nd and 1. Not sure why when we need to run the ball to help the Oline gain some traction.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then I assume they were at least attempting to get ball to Thomas and Sanders. I know Titans secondary has been their Achilles heel as of lately so I would have to guess that in first half that Denver did target Sanders and Thomas but there must of been a prob with pass pro, play calls, penalties, separation,etc that caused the passing game to be so inept in first half compared to 2nd half. It's not like Tennessee was worried about stopping run in 2nd half. If I had to venture on my guess as to why the pass game opened up more in 2nd half.........execution and the O line only had to focus on pass pro.

Up until the last drive of the 1st half Denver ran about 18 plays total in the first half vs Tenn who had about 40. Titans had 15 in their last drive of the first half.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Few things went wrong in the 1st half...

1st drive--First play of the game we gain 9 yards. Then an incomplete pass and a sack where Booker didn't pick up a blitzer.

2nd drive--Pass to Sanders for 4 yards then Forsett ran for a 1st down on a great running play but fumbled the ball.

3rd drive--Pass to DT for 6 yards. Run for no gain. On 3rd down just out of the reach of Jordan Taylor.

4th drive--Pass to DT for a 1st down. Pass to Sanders for 8 yards. Booker for a 1 yard run. Then Booker up the middle for no gain.

5th drive--Pass to Forsett for a 1st down. Pass to Sanders for 7 yards. Pass to Sanders for 16 yards. Forsett run for 2 yards. Pass incomplete to Sanders (just barely tipped otherwise this was a big play that should have happened), pass incomplete on 3rd down to Latimer.

Final drive of the half we were moving the ball well but then a holding penalty really threw the whole offense off.

So the offense was doing decent at getting the ball to Sanders and DT in the 1st half but the problem was it was usually for 8-9 yard gains and our offense couldn't pick up that 1 more yard for the 1st down. We failed both passing and running in trying to do that. And when you can't pick up 1 yard when you need it not much your offense can do.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are giving the o line way to much credit. They spent money on tackles in free agency and how has that worked out? It just isn't that simple to sign a guy at RT and the o line is fixed. After Paridis there is noone on the o line that gets any push on run plays at all. Mostly on short yardage. Watching Like I said before which CD pointed out again they are having trouble with the 3rd and shorts and in the redzone. If they could just convert those by running the ball this offense would be in better shape and I think Denver has 2 less losses. Peace.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things went wrong in the 1st half...

1st drive--First play of the game we gain 9 yards. Then an incomplete pass and a sack where Booker didn't pick up a blitzer.

2nd drive--Pass to Sanders for 4 yards then Forsett ran for a 1st down on a great running play but fumbled the ball.

3rd drive--Pass to DT for 6 yards. Run for no gain. On 3rd down just out of the reach of Jordan Taylor.

4th drive--Pass to DT for a 1st down. Pass to Sanders for 8 yards. Booker for a 1 yard run. Then Booker up the middle for no gain.

5th drive--Pass to Forsett for a 1st down. Pass to Sanders for 7 yards. Pass to Sanders for 16 yards. Forsett run for 2 yards. Pass incomplete to Sanders (just barely tipped otherwise this was a big play that should have happened), pass incomplete on 3rd down to Latimer.

Final drive of the half we were moving the ball well but then a holding penalty really threw the whole offense off.

So the offense was doing decent at getting the ball to Sanders and DT in the 1st half but the problem was it was usually for 8-9 yard gains and our offense couldn't pick up that 1 more yard for the 1st down. We failed both passing and running in trying to do that. And when you can't pick up 1 yard when you need it not much your offense can do.

Said that earlier but thanks for posting that again. Peace.