• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Broncos/Titans...Time to see those mighty Titans fall once again

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said that earlier but thanks for posting that again. Peace.

Well Randymon seemed to be asking about it again so figured I would repost it. Really the 1st half offense just comes down to some things really not going our way. That deep bomb to Sanders that really could have turned the game was a matter of an inch of it missing the defenders finger tip.

A missed block here and there lead to some bad 3rd downs. I think there was also a tipped pass at the LOS where Sanders had nobody around him if the ball gets past the defender. That might have been the 2nd half of the game.

Our offense has moments where it shows what it can be but they just struggle to put it all together.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are giving the o line way to much credit. They spent money on tackles in free agency and how has that worked out? It just isn't that simple to sign a guy at RT and the o line is fixed. After Paridis there is noone on the o line that gets any push on run plays at all. Mostly on short yardage. Watching Like I said before which CD pointed out again they are having trouble with the 3rd and shorts and in the redzone. If they could just convert those by running the ball this offense would be in better shape and I think Denver has 2 less losses. Peace.

I guess it all depends on your view of the OL of if a person is giving them too much credit or not. They are not good. That much is obvious. But I wouldn't put them as a bottom-5 unit in the NFL. Booker has made them look much worse than they are. His lack of vision and ability to even break one tackle has completely destroyed our running numbers this year. Just look at Forsett this past game. He had a few nice runs behind this OL. Something we haven't seen from Booker in a while. Same with Bibbs before his injury.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booker lasted until the fourth round for a reason, he's got the potential but he's also got some things he struggles with. Some Runningbacks don't click their first year but I've seen enough good from him to give him the benefit of the doubt .

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booker lasted until the fourth round for a reason, he's got the potential but he's also got some things he struggles with. Some Runningbacks don't click their first year but I've seen enough good from him to give him the benefit of the doubt .

I'm with you here. I think we have a good player who is still adjusting to the league. And it's not like he's running behind the Cowboys line, either.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure this has been happening all year long. One misstep by one player on the Oline brings the whole play down.

Denver brings in 2 TEs so they have 4 Olineman on the left side, 2nd and 2and the play is a toss sweep left. Sambrillo is lined up outside the LT and is responsible for the DE. Both LT and LG are pulling along with the other TE . All he has to do is stand in his way and not let the DE down the line and the other 3 have all three titans squared up hat on a hat and the cut back lane is wide open . Sambrillo had one job to do and failed miserably and the play gained 1 and the next play zero and a punt. Should have been a gain of atleast 10.

Poor technique or poor coaching to let his man get outside leverage on a toss play because Sambrillo started outside of the DE to begin with. Incredible crappy play.

Twice in the 1st qtr they had 2nd and 2 and failed to pick up a first down.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure this has been happening all year long. One misstep by one player on the Oline brings the whole play down.

Denver brings in 2 TEs so they have 4 Olineman on the left side, 2nd and 2and the play is a toss sweep left. Sambrillo is lined up outside the LT and is responsible for the DE. Both LT and LG are pulling along with the other TE . All he has to do is stand in his way and not let the DE down the line and the other 3 have all three titans squared up hat on a hat and the cut back lane is wide open . Sambrillo had one job to do and failed miserably and the play gained 1 and the next play zero and a punt. Should have been a gain of atleast 10.

Poor technique or poor coaching to let his man get outside leverage on a toss play because Sambrillo started outside of the DE to begin with. Incredible crappy play.

Twice in the 1st qtr they had 2nd and 2 and failed to pick up a first down.

Yup it really seems like we have 1 player messing up on most plays that just completely throws the play off. Such as that 1st drive when we decided to throw on 3rd and short Booker didn't know his assignment was the blitzing linebacker and was late getting into position leading to a sack. Beyond just Booker being late though the play design was terrible. They had Stephenson crash inside to help on a double team with Schofield instead of blocking the DE and leaving that to a RB. Even if Booker isn't late getting over there asking a RB to take on a DE is setting up for the play to fail. And the guy that Siemian was to throw the ball to (I think it was Green) running out into the flat was starting to get open for a 1st down.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then after the game DT and Harry Douglas exchange jerseys. If that doesn't cause friction in the lockerroom then this team does has some vet leadership even though Manning is gone. I doubt it though.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other part of it is we don't have the players needed that when that one player messes up that they can still make something happen. CJ Anderson was that guy for us that could make something from nothing. Booker doesn't make that 1st man miss. And with a hobbled Siemian he doesn't quite have that escapability that you need when the OL breaks down.

This is again why I'm hoping the addition of Forsett can finally be that guy who can make a guy miss now and then. He showed that a couple of times in this past game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then after the game DT and Harry Douglas exchange jerseys. If that doesn't cause friction in the lockerroom then this team does has some vet leadership even though Manning is gone. I doubt it though.

I doubt that is all that big of a deal. DT didn't exactly look happy in the picture and players do the jersey exchange every week.

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are giving the o line way to much credit. They spent money on tackles in free agency and how has that worked out? It just isn't that simple to sign a guy at RT and the o line is fixed. After Paridis there is noone on the o line that gets any push on run plays at all. Mostly on short yardage. Watching Like I said before which CD pointed out again they are having trouble with the 3rd and shorts and in the redzone. If they could just convert those by running the ball this offense would be in better shape and I think Denver has 2 less losses. Peace.

And you may honestly not be giving enough. None of its working great, but the running game is better with other RBs the yds/carry is telling. We wouldn't be more than average, but right now it's nonexistent and that has a lot to do unfortunately with Booker. The NFL holes are much smaller in the NFL than what he saw at Utah behind a big physical line. As far as RT Stephenson was signed as a swing backup tackle, (unfortunately ty looks like schoefield did early) but we signed Okung and he isn't really the problem. The reality is we didn't have money to spend this year, but kc signed a fa who is pretty dang effective against miller and really we won our first two Super Bowls with fa RTs ... just saying it should be fixable in the offseason and I do think it is the biggest problem on the line and skewing the overall line play along with booker.

Overall the line is better than what people are saying (complete garbage) at this point which isn't the same as being good/great, but I think with a more seasoned Siemian who can clearly threaten deep if he has time and a vet RB who can pick up a blitz (something booker was struggling with too as he practically got himself benched after getting Siemian killed on the first drive) will do a lot to settle the offense... and hopefully a reserve role can help rebuild Bookers confidence.

This offense hasn't had the resources invested in it to be great (those went to build an elite D)... we just need it to be marginally competent and effective. I am hopeful we might see that here (then again bb is a tough coach to be facing when you need a win).