• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Broncos/Titans...Time to see those mighty Titans fall once again

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here we go. Final quarter of the regular season with easily the toughest part of our schedule remaining. Up first is obviously the Titans. At 6-6 they look like the easiest game left on our schedule. As some of us have talked on here though this might honestly be one of the toughest. Their strengths line up well with our weaknesses in some key areas such as they have a top-3 run offense. They also have a TE that can do some damage.

So game plan wise here is how I would take on this Titans offense. I would for sure play man coverage on the outside almost the entire game. I would tell Talib, Harris, and Roby that this is their time to shine. Show that they are the true "No Fly Zone" in the NFL.

This then allows us to bring TJ Ward down into the box and commit to daring the Titans to throw to win the game. We have to contain that run game and Ward is a great option to have in lowering the boom on those big backs.

So this leaves maybe the biggest issue being that of Delanie Walker. You throw in Marshall being out and this could get interesting. With single high safety I would tell Stewart to key on helping with Walker and just know that playing this style of defense could lead to some big plays down the field. Honestly this is the same game plan we had against the Panthers in the Super Bowl. Worked out well for us then but we also had a couple of playmakers that are missing right now.

As for the Broncos offense--Honestly everything depends on if Siemian is playing or not of how you attack them. They are weak at the Corner position so if Siemian is in then you have him pick on those outside guys hoping that it forces them to commit more to stopping the pass and opens up the run game.

And honestly for me I give Forsett the majority of the carries in this one. Booker looks beat up both physically and mentally. We got some fresh legs in a guy that really knows the system well and a guy the coaches trust. Let Forsett go out there and do his thing. Plus if nothing else he can a big help in protection.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some updates that I am reading today. Looks like Brandon Marshall will for sure be out for the game. Huge loss for that defense.

On a more positive note Siemian has really come along well this week and there is a lot of optimism that he will be playing in this one.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few things to take notice of from the injury report. Brandon Marshall and Casey Kreiter are both listed as out. Marshall I expected but I'm starting to think it might be time to just IR Kreiter. Just not smart to be keeping 2 LS week after week like they are.

Fowler and Siemian are the two listed as questionable. Sounds like Siemian for sure playing. Not sure on Fowler.

One other thing to note is that Matt Paradis actually practiced every day this week with a full practice today. I'm hoping this is a sign that his hips are actually improving. Amazing the season he is having with both of his hips in major pain every week.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kreiter's pulled calf is more problematic then we ever imagined.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is a must win for several reasons. Of the remaining games, this is likely considered the most winnable, despite us all knowing this game will not be a walk in the park. Win it, and it's status quo. The Broncos still have an uphill battle to the playoffs. Lose it and it may be the season. It'll be hard to overcome a loss then be staring down the Patriots, @ Chiefs, and Raiders. I think the Broncos can do it, but by no means am I resting easy at the thought of this one.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're hearing back east that Siemian will not play this week because the Broncos Braintrust want him as healthy as possible to play against the Patriots next week.

Personally, I don't think that the Broncos can take any chances against the Titans. If it were me, I'd go all out to beat the Titans, knowing that the Patriots don't always play well in Denver.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're hearing back east that Siemian will not play this week because the Broncos Braintrust want him as healthy as possible to play against the Patriots next week.

Trevor Siemian to start against Tennessee Titans

Personally, I don't think that the Broncos can take any chances against the Titans. If it were me, I'd go all out to beat the Titans, knowing that the Patriots don't always play well in Denver.

I imagine that's what the Broncos will do. You go all in to win the game right in front of you. All in to win: that's what the 62 yard FG attempt was all about. Because you never know how an opponent's fortunes will change week to week and it shouldn't matter anyway because you're supposed to win YOUR games.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is a must win for several reasons. Of the remaining games, this is likely considered the most winnable, despite us all knowing this game will not be a walk in the park. Win it, and it's status quo. The Broncos still have an uphill battle to the playoffs. Lose it and it may be the season. It'll be hard to overcome a loss then be staring down the Patriots, @ Chiefs, and Raiders. I think the Broncos can do it, but by no means am I resting easy at the thought of this one.

It went from the Broncos are ready to click to now this. Seriously? Peace.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pats almost lost to Danny (the turd) Kanell in Denver.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It went from the Broncos are ready to click to now this. Seriously? Peace.

You understand those aren't mutually exclusive, right?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah all reports out of Denver right now is that he is playing. Now maybe a huge set back happens over night as sometimes travel can cause some weird things to happen with the body but he had a very good week of practice. Reporters at practice were impressed with how well he was moving on the ankle considering how bad they thought the injury was at first.

And while yes I don't think the Broncos should overlook the Titans my biggest worry this entire week with Siemian has been a repeat of his last injury against the Chargers. They rushed him back and it was obvious that he wasn't ready. He could barely throw the football 30 yards with his shoulder injury and well that injury just lingered for a long time. Thankfully the bye week seemed to heal up his shoulder. From the sound of it though with Siemian's ankle he was slinging it all over the field during the time the press could watch practice so I'm thinking this situation is a bit different.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One cool stat I was reading earlier today was about the Broncos run defense. In the past 3 games (Chiefs, Saints, Jaguars) the Broncos run defense has only been giving up 3.7 yards per carry. That would put them top-5 for the season if that was over the entire season. So it does seem like they have figured out a few things in helping get that part of their defense back on track. We will need the defense to show that same ability tomorrow if we stand a chance to win.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the south a Nissan may be called a "Nice 'en" in similar fashion I don't think this game will be a "Tight 'en."

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another 3 and out to open a game. I'm beginning to think it's mandatory.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
28th against the run. This could be a tough one..

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when the QB fumbles the snap the Broncos can't make a stop. It's one drive, though. Still a lot of game ahead.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You understand those aren't mutually exclusive, right?

This post rated "bullshit" by Malibu. If you think it's bullshit, enlighten me, oh bright one!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why on the 1st series throw it twice on 2nd and 1
This is stupid to me get the first and move the chains

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why on the 1st series throw it twice on 2nd and 1
This is stupid to me get the first and move the chains

I saw a stat that the Broncos are 29th in the league on 3rd and 1. I wonder how that breaks out as far as pass attempts and run attempts. Seems the team struggles in short yardage situations either way, but I wonder if they'd commit to one more than the other if they could improve their fortunes.