• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos QB Pick in the Draft

Who would get your vote?

• Michael Penix

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Bo Nix

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • JJ McCarthy

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • None of these. Get non-QB BPA.

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all may need to do that in the '25 draft. You finished 8-9. Not in prime spot to take one of the top 3.
Luckily there's more than 3 good qb's, and if one slipped we could always ask to move up.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all may need to do that in the '25 draft. You finished 8-9. Not in prime spot to take one of the top 3.
I don’t necessarily see us picking higher than 12 next year. Actually at 8-9, picking at 12 is pretty good.

• Bullseye
Reactions: LGM

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micheal Pratt Tulane is getting some traction around town.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micheal Pratt Tulane is getting some traction around town.

Pratt's kind of a sleeper but his stats are pretty impressive. Mid rounds QB? I don't see him rising into early rounds just yet.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop in the name of Love - Bo Nix! Bo can ball. I am not a guy who gets excited about rookie QBs out of college.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until now, I've not been enthusiastic about any of the QBs ... But the more I watch JJ McCarthy - both on and off the field - the more I feel he could be a good choice ..

He comes off as very intelligent, both in a learned way and, more importantly IMHO, an emotional capacity ... It's so hard to gauge how these players, particularly QBs, will fare in the NFL, but I think that having smarts and a grasp on the emotional and psychological aspects of life are imperative ...

Drew Brees has talked at length about mental heath, depression, etc and it was what is above the shoulders that put him in the conversation of GOAT

JJ McCarthy has the Spirit Stamp Of Approval

Some interesting reading here

btw, Coach Harbaugh called McCarthy "the greatest player to ever wear the Michigan uniform"

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until now, I've not been enthusiastic about any of the QBs ... But the more I watch JJ McCarthy - both on and off the field - the more I feel he could be a good choice ..

He comes off as very intelligent, both in a learned way and, more importantly IMHO, an emotional capacity ... It's so hard to gauge how these players, particularly QBs, will fare in the NFL, but I think that having smarts and a grasp on the emotional and psychological aspects of life are imperative ...

Drew Brees has talked at length about mental heath, depression, etc and it was what is above the shoulders that put him in the conversation of GOAT

btw, Coach Harbaugh called McCarthy "the greatest player to ever wear the Michigan uniform"
I don’t think we should take him at 12 because that’s an incredibly high reach but I’m all for trading back in the first and then picking him up

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 3 of Williams, Maye and Daniels I feel are pretty solid although odds are at least one of those bust. The other three of Penix, Nix and McCarthy all have pretty large question marks. McCarthy to me though is a NFL backup at best. He just doesn't the physical tools to be a great NFL QB, where at least Penix and Nix have some elite physical traits. McCarthy has really been a one read QB as well. I would be a hard pass on McCarthy.

I trust Payton, but he has never really drafted a QB high, so who knows how this will all go.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 3 of Williams, Maye and Daniels I feel are pretty solid although odds are at least one of those bust. The other three of Penix, Nix and McCarthy all have pretty large question marks. McCarthy to me though is a NFL backup at best. He just doesn't the physical tools to be a great NFL QB, where at least Penix and Nix have some elite physical traits. McCarthy has really been a one read QB as well. I would be a hard pass on McCarthy.

I trust Payton, but he has never really drafted a QB high, so who knows how this will all go.

Yeah, I'm not very high on McCarthy either. Rather get Penix or Nix.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course Harbaugh would say this. He was the leader of the team that got him his first title. I believe Meyer said something like this about Tebow too. If Denver wants a game manager then you make the pick but 12 would be a reach. Comparable to the Giants reaching for Daniel Jones at 6 when he was projected mid-round.
If JJ doesn't lead them to a title he probably isn't a 1st rounder bc of his lack of ceiling. I think his floor is higher but his ceiling is lower compared to Nix or Penix.
Not a huge fan of Nix bc he has more bust potential.
Penix has the highest ceiling of the 3 imo. I don't think the title game reflects on how great of a player he really was in college.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think we should take him at 12 because that’s an incredibly high reach but I’m all for trading back in the first and then picking him up
McCarthy at 12...Michigan QB...

Brady was a Michigan QB. And wore #12.

So it's obvious JJ is our guy. And will deliver us to SB win after SB win.

I'm truly amazed some of you don't understand the technical science behind this stuff...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think if Nix is on the board the Broncos run to the podium. I think he'll be QB4 off the board.

McCarthy is interesting because of his age. I think he'll go to a team and sit for a year so that makes it impossible to predict who would actually draft him.

I think Penix goes rd2. Maybe thats a hot take. He could end up being good in the NFL but Im not sure an NFL team will risk their job on an older prospect with somewhat limited upside.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think this guy can turn into something? I saw someone mention he’s the kind of QB Payton likes

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't want Penix. If we end up with him I will trust Payton and Paton and find a reason to be happy but just not high on him for the reasons I stated earlier. I don't see it.

Byron Leftwich all over, IMO.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seen something on Justin Fields Are we going after him ?