• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brian Tyms

RayClay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyms looked good again in my opinion. The passes he missed were not entirely his fault. 2 over his head and 1 that Mallett threw through him - catchable but tough. I would be really surprised if we let go of a playmaker like Tyms considering our receiver situation last year.

Will he be able to practice with the team during suspension?
Hi, newb here.

Thought you might be interested in this story i posted on another forum early on that got caught up in the writers twitterverse, apparently.

Tyms had a horrific childhood bouncing from both parents with drug/alcohol problems, then mostly being in the "system" until finally finding a few years of a foster family that cared.

Played one year of high school ball (bball was his game), then a comm college with no football, then badgered the Fl A&M coaches until he walked on for one productive year, and a scholarship, out of two.

Miami Dolphins practice squad receiver Brian Tyms overcomes difficult childhood - Sun Sentinel

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, welcome RayClay~

brian-tyms.jpg

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi, newb here.

Thought you might be interested in this story i posted on another forum early on that got caught up in the writers twitterverse, apparently.

Tyms had a horrific childhood bouncing from both parents with drug/alcohol problems, then mostly being in the "system" until finally finding a few years of a foster family that cared.

Played one year of high school ball (bball was his game), then a comm college with no football, then badgered the Fl A&M coaches until he walked on for one productive year, and a scholarship, out of two.

Miami Dolphins practice squad receiver Brian Tyms overcomes difficult childhood - Sun Sentinel

howdy Newb! :clap:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyms looks pretty good so far but last pre-season a number of the rookie WRs looked good. Still I'd love to keep him right now.

Who would the Patriots keep?

Edelmen
Lafell
Amendola
Dobson
Tompkins
Boyce
Tyms
Slater - Special teams all-pro
Galleon?

Boyce looks on the bubble but that's still a lot of receivers.

Last edited by a moderator:

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyms looks pretty good so far but last pre-season a number of the rookie WRs looked good. Still I'd love to keep him right now.

Who would the Patriots keep?

Edelmen
Lafell
Amendola
Dobson
Tompkins
Boyce
Tyms
Slater - Special teams all-pro
Galleon?

Boyce looks on the bubble but that's still a lot of receivers.

AS OF RIGHT NOW..

Lafell and Tyms on the outside
with Edelman and Amendola on the inside
Tompkins and Dobson will be in the mix and Slater as special teams

height on the outside, pygmies in the middle, then add in gronk when healthy... who do you cover..

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyms has been taking adderol and Ridlon since he was 6. It's been prescribed by a licensed family physician the entire time. The guy has issues and physical problems that would terrify most parent and patients. The guy is dealing with them and he's staying out of trouble.

His biggest problem is thathe's not an "All-Pro" who can be filmed dragging his unconcious girlfriend off an elevator after he kicked the shit out of her.

The NFL is going to screw itself if they keep Goodell as Commissioner. Punish innocent guys for taking prescribed drugs and do everything possible to protect the guys who sell shirts. It's primarily about two things, gaining young viewers who like fast, high scoring games and protecting CBS and NFL.COM Fantasy Football revenues.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady was throwing to Tyms today. He's worked his way up! That's news. Butler picked Brady off throwing to Tyms. Which is good and bad. Butler is making this team. I'm betting Tyms get on the field with Brady in this weeks game.

Butler keeps making plays: Cornerback Malcolm Butler has become one of the surprise stories at Patriots camp and he carried the momentum into Monday’s practice. In a drill with eight defenders, Butler matched up with tight end Rob Gronkowski on the outside. Gronkowski had separation to make the catch, but Butler closed in quickly to strip the ball from Gronkowski. A few plays later in a different drill on a pass thrown by quarterback Tom Brady deep down the right sideline to Brian Tyms, Butler stuck with the bigger Tyms and showed impressive body control to turn in the air and haul in the interception.

RayClay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys. Being in NC, I don't get to see practices, but I think Tyms has a chance to stick in week 4, especially if Boyce continues to be lackluster, which I've read from Reiss.

Yeah, Butler's been making a run too and Easley reportedly zoomed through the line 3 times according to a Reiss twitter.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys. Being in NC, I don't get to see practices, but I think Tyms has a chance to stick in week 4, especially if Boyce continues to be lackluster, which I've read from Reiss.

Yeah, Butler's been making a run too and Easley reportedly zoomed through the line 3 times according to a Reiss twitter. [MEDIA=twitter]501448286067511296[/MEDIA]

Easley's quickness catches the eye: Rookie defensive lineman Dominique Easley's short-area quickness and explosion showed up in one-on-one and 2-on-2 pass-rush drills. He really turned it on, appearing to catch center Ryan Wendell off guard on his first rep. Easley lined up shaded over Wendell's left shoulder, crossed his face, and surged to the orange cone that would have been the quarterback. It all happened in a flash. The 6-foot-2, 290-pound Easley then teamed with Marcus Forston in 2-on-2 drills and penetrated off the outside shoulder of veteran Dan Connolly with some success. Finally, Easley finished with a flourish, with a dynamic spin move to shake free.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Public practices are over. Now the serious stuff starts. Security is tight and no cameras or phones are allowed anywhere near the field. The media can attend but nothing can be recorded until practice is completely over.

I think Tyms has earned a spot and will be on the field for game 5.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Public practices are over. Now the serious stuff starts. Security is tight and no cameras or phones are allowed anywhere near the field. The media can attend but nothing can be recorded until practice is completely over.

I think Tyms has earned a spot and will be on the field for game 5.

Ken,

I think what you say will all be determined this week. He's practicing with Brady and if he's on the field with Brady in this weeks game against the Panthers and does well....then I agree with you.

This could mean Boyce is out. Having three WR's (Tyms, LaFell & Dobson) at 6'2 to 6'3 is nice.
Thompkins at 6' and then the two Pygmys. That is six WR's. Do we keep seven WR's? I don't think so.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken,

I think what you say will all be determined this week. He's practicing with Brady and if he's on the field with Brady in this weeks game against the Panthers and does well....then I agree with you.

This could mean Boyce is out. Having three WR's (Tyms, LaFell & Dobson) at 6'2 to 6'3 is nice.
Thompkins at 6' and then the two Pygmys. That is six WR's. Do we keep seven WR's? I don't think so.

We are not to final cuts until after game 4? I think we keep 7 receivers until after game 4. UNLESS we cannot make some other tough decisions yet. Tyms situation (suspension) means we do not have to cut to 7 even then (maybe)

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres also the pup list.. since he is suspended.. he is physically unable to perform... that could buy us a few weeks to make a decision? if they could work it that way.. probably a grey area like signing players off the waiver wire when injured...

Marley

Evil Incorporated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Tyms makes it straight out of camp. He's worked tremendously hard and has shown he can play at this level. I would guess that they may try to get Boyce onto the PS with the changes in the CBA kicking in.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres also the pup list.. since he is suspended.. he is physically unable to perform... that could buy us a few weeks to make a decision? if they could work it that way.. probably a grey area like signing players off the waiver wire when injured...

That's not how it works. Players that have practiced cannot be placed on the PUP list. Tyms will be exempt from the roster during his suspension, so the few weeks to make a decision have already been bought.

Hyped

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi all, I am one of the few KFFL refugees and a Patriot fan. I *think* I will be posting here going forward...maybe...depending on what happens to KFFL.

As for Tyms...I am not getting too excited yet because if Dobson didn't have the foot surgery...we would not be seeing him get many reps. But it'll be nice to see what he can bring to us after 4 weeks.

I have the WR depth chart (as of 8/21) as follows:

LOCKS: Edelman, Amendola, Dobson, LaFell, KT, & Slater

FRINGE: Boyce & Tyms

Not making it: Gallon (PS material, IMO)

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi all, I am one of the few KFFL refugees and a Patriot fan. I *think* I will be posting here going forward...maybe...depending on what happens to KFFL.

As for Tyms...I am not getting too excited yet because if Dobson didn't have the foot surgery...we would not be seeing him get many reps. But it'll be nice to see what he can bring to us after 4 weeks.

I have the WR depth chart (as of 8/21) as follows:

LOCKS: Edelman, Amendola, Dobson, LaFell, KT, & Slater

FRINGE: Boyce & Tyms

Not making it: Gallon (PS material, IMO)

Welcome to the board.

I think we keep 6, not including Slater. It might be too early to give up on Boyce. Although, if Tyms has out performed him.....then it's a toss up.