• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RIP Ryan Mallet

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Mallet 35, former QB of the NE Patriots died June 27th.

Mallet drowned while swimming in the Gulf of Mexico. He was removed from the water and revived but died.

Former team mate Tom Brady was shocked and very sad. "We lost a great man." Brady wrote. "Thank you for everything, Ryan. Praying for the Mallet family and all their loved ones tonight."

Mallet was Brady's backup for several years. until 2014 when he joined the Houston Texans.

NOTE: Beach goers had been warned about the dangerous waters after a surge of drownings in the same area before Mellet drowned in that same area

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Mallet 35, former QB of the NE Patriots died June 27th.

Mallet drowned while swimming in the Gulf of Mexico. He was removed from the water and revived but died.

Former team mate Tom Brady was shocked and very sad. "We lost a great man." Brady wrote. "Thank you for everything, Ryan. Praying for the Mallet family and all their loved ones tonight."

Mallet was Brady's backup for several years. until 2014 when he joined the Houston Texans.

NOTE: Beach goers had been warned about the dangerous waters after a surge of drownings in the same area before Mellet drowned in that same area
Duplicate.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those beaches around Destin are considered to be the most dangerous undercurrents on earth.

I've been there and decided that I wouldn't try it. Just walking in knee deep water is strenuous.

Some people have to give it a try. You best be in shape and a better than average swimmer.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
undertow claims another victim,my thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost drowned twice by the time I was 25.
But for the grace of God

Same here. A few years ago my wife had a close call at the beach in Malibu as well. The undertow there is not to be fucked with.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. A few years ago my wife had a close call at the beach in Malibu as well. The undertow there is not to be fucked with.
I almost drowned on a very safe Pismo Beach.
Storm breakers were coming in 3's each half hour. You are supposed to watch the surf for a 1/2 hour before diving.
I got in at 15 minutes and swam past the usual outside breakers, only to look up and see a monstrous wall of water coming in!

I was tubing on the Cedar River in Seattle area when I got sucked under a logjam.
I was able to hold my breath long enough to crawl up a log to get my lips above water.
The log had sharp bark and I was bloodied from the pressure of the current pushing me against the logjam.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a real good swimmer.
Done the mile swim twice back before I quit smoking.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a real good swimmer.
It’s more technique and not panicking when it comes to rips, because so many good swimmers underestimate the current which no matter how hard you try it keeps taking you out to sea … I have a friend who survived a rip current and he just stayed calm, let it take him out because no matter how hard he swam towards shore he kept getting further away, so he went to the back float and let it take him out relaxing and staying calm… It took him like 30 minutes to get back to shore, he back floated the entire time … He said it was the scariest moment of his life watching the shore get further and further away, but he stayed calm and accepted it… You panic it’s over because your natural instinct is getting back to the shore… But so many strong swimmers drown in rips because they fight the current, and you can’t do that, you gotta let it take you out and slowly swim sideways out of the current…

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought mallet got caught in an undertow but authorities said there was none.it was just an accidental drowning.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a real good swimmer.
I am not. Almost drowned when all my buddies convinced me to swim out to the island on Nichols pond. No beach there and I had to swim back. I was barely keeping above water when someone cannon balled me from the dam.

Thought I was a goner.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not. Almost drowned when all my buddies convinced me to swim out to the island on Nichols pond. No beach there and I had to swim back. I was barely keeping above water when someone cannon balled me from the dam.

Thought I was a goner.
I'm glad you made it