• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RIP Ryan Mallet

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m probably the worst swimmer in the world. I won’t get into water that’s higher than my shoulders. I can’t float or tread water. If I swim… I get from point a to point b without stopping or I sink. Just plain scared of it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m probably the worst swimmer in the world. I won’t get into water that’s higher than my shoulders. I can’t float or tread water. If I swim… I get from point a to point b without stopping or I sink. Just plain scared of it.
Yet you willingly accept a 9" Strapon?

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's me. I swim like a cinder block.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go to the beach wear a wetsuit or life jacket, and you’re good to go…

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go to the beach wear a wetsuit or life jacket, and you’re good to go…
Or go to a lake ir a pond. Better yet, make a shitpot full of friends and install a swimming pool. Nothing like having twenty kids you've never seen before pissing in your $1000,000 investment.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or go to a lake ir a pond. Better yet, make a shitpot full of friends and install a swimming pool. Nothing like having twenty kids you've never seen before pissing in your $1000,000 investment.
LoL

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guessing mallet was in shape so i wonder how an atheltic guy like him drowned?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guessing mallet was in shape so i wonder how an atheltic guy like him drowned?
Undertow and rip current are nothing to fuck with.
It's a real mental trick to allow yourself to let the current take you rather than fight it.
And he was from Arkansas/Texas. Probably didn't have parents that preached about rip tides.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought the undertow got him but they are saying there was no undertow that day.i guess we can label it a tragic accident.
Either way, he made a mental mistake. I've been swimming in frigid water since I was old enough to jump in. I was born in Maine and swam at local beaches where many people just couldn't walk into the water above their knees. If you don't understand tides and how they work, an undertow is totally out of your league. I was a stand in lifeguard when I was 16, 17, 18 at Willard Beach in South Portland, ME. In the middle of a 95 degree heat wave, the water at that beach never got above 55. Water 33 degrees colder than your normal bocy temp is one thing, hit that water with a surrounding 95 degree air temp and it's like jumping into an ice pond.

Too often people feel overconfident when they're in very warm water. It's relaxing and feels good. You think you can swim farther than you're actually able to. Some people have no idea that they've swam into a dropoff and can't touch the bottom and that's when panic sets in. Adrenalin rushed to the heart and your start to exert at much more furious pace and suddenly those muscles in your arms and legs become rigid with cramps.
Waht do you do? 95% of people have no idea and stop cold, instead of stretching as far as they can. They drop below the surace and instead of swimming back up to get air, they panic even more and inhale under water. You don't have any air to push the water back out.

Swimming is a learned skill. The more you do, the better you get at it. The ocean is not a pool. If you don't understand it, don't fuck with it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people have no idea how dangerous ocean swimming can be. You can see the beach and everyone is close by. Most people don't go deeper than their waist. What could go wrong? You hear people yelling and laughing, never realizing that you just swam into a tidal current and are in thirteen feet deep water.